Aceofshades

Minigames on mobile?

None of the holiday minigames work on mobile except for cooking. If you look at my tree on my page, you can see that the bauble is in the upper left corner of the page, because I’m able to click it but not able to move it anywhere. And the mana game just doesn’t work at all. Is this a purposeful thing, or are they messed up somehow?

4 hours ago, Aceofshades said:

None of the holiday minigames work on mobile except for cooking. If you look at my tree on my page, you can see that the bauble is in the upper left corner of the page, because I’m able to click it but not able to move it anywhere. And the mana game just doesn’t work at all. Is this a purposeful thing, or are they messed up somehow?

What browser are you using? All parts of the event work just fine in Chrome on mobile, and Safari shouldn't be much different.

Mana Alchemy is best played in landscape mode, though it has been updated to be scrollable for people who would rather not rotate their devices.

I don't know, the tiles seem pretty mismatched right now and they weren't like this when I was playing it at midnight

Capture+_2019-12-28-12-36-53.png

2 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

I don't know, the tiles seem pretty mismatched right now and they weren't like this when I was playing it at midnight

Capture+_2019-12-28-12-36-53.png

That's not the mobile layout, though. Desktop view on mobile browsers is neither tested nor officially supported for mobile devices (and neither is Dino Cave on any device, for that matter). Using it may work, but it's an "at your own risk" situation.

In order to play them on chrome mobile, I just selected the option to use the desktop site, dunno if safari has that option

Yes, you can play these games on a phone. :) I play on my iPhone.

For the Mana Alchemy game, you don't have to drag anything. Just tap the square where you want the tile to go and it will instantly appear there. If the tile cannot be placed there, you will see sort of a transparent tile, but it won't be solid like the other placed tiles.  I have been playing in portrait mode. To see the full board in portrait mode, just scroll across with one finger. Easy peasy. 

For the tree decorating, yes there is one decoration, a bauble, in the upper lefthand corner. If I select a new decoration, it goes somewhere in that area (usually near the bauble) and I then select it and drag it downward to the tree. If I have any difficulty dragging it I just zoom in on the screen a little. Once the decoration is anywhere on the tree, it won't disappear from view and you can move it around as you like. If you want to get rid of a decoration, just drag it off the edge of the screen.

I have a slight bit of trouble with the Wreath Decorating and dragging the decorations down (on the iPhone for some reason it wants to pull up a second screen) but I manage pretty well. It is similar to the Tree Decorating.

Hope that helps! I love these old retro-style games. ^_^