_Charky

Eggs Aren't Dropping For Cooking Game

Seriously, I've not seen a single fruit since the game started, and I've been playing consistently all that time. It's becoming a problem because I can't complete the "basic" recipes which need fruit. The only one I have left now is apple slices. I know it's RNG, but I'm not convinced that this is pure bad luck- I have around half a dozen of some items, and quite a few cooked products, but not a single apple.

Is anyone else having the same struggle? is the game broken? 

I have had LOTS of fruit (at the moment I've used it all, but I've had plenty.) I have masses of yeast, grain, herbs and cocoa beans. The grain is the most annoying as there are so few recipes that use it.

Not broken at all, sadly (so please send eggs....) RNG is - RNG.

Okay, so it's not just me, but i can't really cook much of anything as Eggs aren't dropping hardly at all. It seems like i habe every other ingredient but those and it's getting annoying that I can barely enjoy one of my more favourite games 😕

Well, I've had eggs just fine. SUGAR, now.... and I also need water.

that's the thing, though, it's not that I'm not getting as many apples as I'd like. It's that I've not seen a single piece of fruit since the game started. 

What's concerning me more is that I'm getting recipe cards. IIRC you're not supposed to get those until you collect all the basic ingredients, which I haven't done. So, I think the game THINKS it's giving me apples, but isn't. 

If they were just that rare, I'd understand it. I think I've only had one set of cocoa beans. But that makes sense, they're not a common ingredient. and they're only used in one or two recpies. But the fruit is used a lot, and I'm yet to see if, even if the game thinks I have.

I'm a programmer, myself. The numbers I'm getting here aren't "lol, kooky RNG", they're "oh dear, I've encountered a game-breaking bug.

I think we are supposed to get the recipe cards - last time you couldn't make anything without them. But to show you how random it is - I have 17 cocoa beans - and I use them whenever I can - and don't talk to me about yeast; some of where my fruit went was putting it with yeast for wine. And grain - three recipes and I have 14. And like the yeast - I use it every chance I get. It really is random.

ETA also if we weren't supposed  get the cards there wouldn't be an image for them ! You'd see the fruit and get the card, like.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 hour ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Okay, so it's not just me, but i can't really cook much of anything as Eggs aren't dropping hardly at all. It seems like i habe every other ingredient but those and it's getting annoying that I can barely enjoy one of my more favourite games 😕

Same here. I think last saw eggs some 24 hours ago; I've played so much that I even have the elusive sugar by now. x 9, but I'm saving it up to make sweet dough if I ever get eggs. By now, I have several items in the two-digit area: yeast (10); cocoa beans, ice (11); milk, grain (12); herbs (14); flour (15); mushrooms, nuts (17). And that's after a lot of cooking... with few eggs.

We all have our issues.

Others claim no fruit:

This is where RNG gets you !

I spent whole day on the site yesterday, so I can confirm that eggs do drop but are super rare.... and considering they are needed for half of the recipes... especially the red-star ones, that is a bit frustrating.

I've had lots of eggs. Honest. I've done all sorts of sweet doughs and meringue and lemon curd and finally the Bûche.  But not much sugar, and not a lot of water, either.

1 hour ago, dracocharky said:

that's the thing, though, it's not that I'm not getting as many apples as I'd like. It's that I've not seen a single piece of fruit since the game started. 

What's concerning me more is that I'm getting recipe cards. IIRC you're not supposed to get those until you collect all the basic ingredients, which I haven't done. So, I think the game THINKS it's giving me apples, but isn't. 

If they were just that rare, I'd understand it. I think I've only had one set of cocoa beans. But that makes sense, they're not a common ingredient. and they're only used in one or two recpies. But the fruit is used a lot, and I'm yet to see if, even if the game thinks I have.

I'm a programmer, myself. The numbers I'm getting here aren't "lol, kooky RNG", they're "oh dear, I've encountered a game-breaking bug.

the rules dont follow the previous event, you can get the recipes at anytime. just like you can make the red star recipes without having the card.

Yes - and that's why dracocharky thinks we shouldn't be getting the cards. But I think they ARE supposed to come or there'd be no card image.

ANYWAY - fruit isn't the issue for others:

It's random. I've had three fruit just since this thread started.

a recipe was my 3rd drop.  I had a terrible time the first day because i got most of the recipes BEFORE getting ingredients.

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I think we are supposed to get the recipe cards - last time you couldn't make anything without them. But to show you how random it is - I have 17 cocoa beans - and I use them whenever I can - and don't talk to me about yeast; some of where my fruit went was putting it with yeast for wine. And grain - three recipes and I have 14. And like the yeast - I use it every chance I get. It really is random.

ETA also if we weren't supposed  get the cards there wouldn't be an image for them ! You'd see the fruit and get the card, like.

You got recipes for the grain? I've got a ton of grain, but not a single recipe for using it. And haven't gotten a recipe since the first day to be honest. 

My problem is getting sugar and flour. Got plenty of everything else, but either no recipes to use the ingredients or not enough sugar/flour to use the ingredients. 

For a while I wasn't getting any sugar. Now I have sugar, but I'm not getting any eggs (which I had plenty of before). It's kind of bothersome, but over time everything does seem to drop eventually. No idea what I'm going to do with all this grain though.

I am still drowning in grain, with the odd pot of yeast. But I have had three eggs today.

Under all the grain.... (Actually at the moment I have some, but until I get some eggs it is no use to me...)

Ok, now I'm getting almost nothing but eggs (and sugar)... XD:lol: Not complaining tho, this is pretty great, so far :P 

Thanks for turning up the dial on the more frequently used ingredients. It has been really nice to get so much Sugar and Flour today. They are needed for 10x as many recipes as Yeast and Grain, so it was getting frustrating to get them no more frequently!