TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

1 minute ago, Omen said:

Tried dough and spices + oven, made a mess. XD

That's a real missed opportunity as far as I'm concerned, but maybe it needs the red recipe card or an extra ingredient. 

Just now, Diamondinmyeye said:

That's a real missed opportunity as far as I'm concerned, but maybe it needs the red recipe card or an extra ingredient. 

I've been able to make vegetable soup and eggnog without the red star recipe cards, but it's likely something that needs a third ingredient as you've mentioned. Here's hoping there is a recipe for them!

Just now, Omen said:

I've been able to make vegetable soup and eggnog without the red star recipe cards, but it's likely something that needs a third ingredient as you've mentioned. Here's hoping there is a recipe for them!

Perhaps sugar?

3 minutes ago, Diamondinmyeye said:

Perhaps sugar?

True, they'd be pretty bitter cookies without sugar, I'll try it once I get the ingredients!

Edit: Tried ice in the oven to make water, didn't work. :lol:

Edited by Omen

hint for gingerbread, need to make a different type of dough from the plain dough first. (And if anyone wants to really spoil themselves, the unofficial DC wiki has all the recipes from the original cooking event, and it looks like they are all the same as here.)

1 minute ago, Omen said:

True, they'd be pretty bitter cookies without sugar, I'll try it once I get the ingredients!

Edit: Tried ice in the oven to make water, didn't work. :lol:

Well a sugarless pecan pie or apple pie wouldn't be my first choice either, but those exist. :D

@HeatherMarie Thank you very much for that tip! Wasn't here for that event, good to know there's a reference sheet that'll probably translate over to this year's version. There's so many recipes if it does!

@Diamondinmyeye The apples could possibly pass as sweet enough, at a loss on the pie though. Might've been setup that way to reduce the recipes requiring sugar. XD

Oh man, I keep telling myself I'm going to get to bed, and then 'well just a few more minutes to see what ingredients pop up', meanwhile I *finally* found another messy Starsinger in the AP! Yay for procrastination paying off! (Seriously though, I should get some sleep. Night all, have fun!)

Merry Christmas! I got my two eggs easy enough.

Well so far the two recipes I try from the Wiki work just fine, with that and the random attempts at stuff(also what I saw here.) I have all the candy I need for today.

So now it's time to collect stuff and be ready for next day! ...or randomly start cooking things. :lol:

edit: ah yes time to start working on my tree sooner or later, I have to many things just....floating out there lol

Edited by Lady Dragoon

Hmm, I thought recipe cards (red star) only started dropping once all ingredients had been collected, but I don't have meat, just the poultry.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!!

This years event looks so fun, and I can't wait for those lotr door to open. 😁

Merry christmas everyone!  Thanks for all the recipe and cooking info.  Made my first giant mess before I read through them properly, and wasted my vegetables - aarrgghh! 😂

Merry Christmas!

Fun to have the events back. The christmas tree decoration seems not to work for me though. I can't change anything on the tree... And I was so glad, as there always was somthing off I wanted to change.

Yay!! I love the cooking minigame and the whole concept of past games. 

I only make messes....

IF we mess with our trees, will they overwrite the ones we already created ? I don't want to do that....