TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Does anyone know (for sure) if like before all damage done to Snow forts will be undone? I know it says only 'you' (scroll owner) can see the damage but I would rather see my fort in good repair after the event and not in ruins.

Err... I have 49 wine. I think I should open a winery...

55 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Does anyone know (for sure) if like before all damage done to Snow forts will be undone? I know it says only 'you' (scroll owner) can see the damage but I would rather see my fort in good repair after the event and not in ruins.

Oddly enough I went to mine through the event link and it is SHATTERED. But if I go to it through the badge on my scroll from the original it is untouched. So I think they are safe. TJ did sxay they'd be safe - but like you I was suspicious.

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

and even 2 Bûche de Noël - which took some doing.

Oohh, I never thought about making extras of the really ingredient-intensive recipes to get rid of extra ingredients! This could be fun...

btw, I'm  not sure how this works but I think the more decorations you have on you wreath and tree the more decorated your badge becomes, I'm gonna test this out

Edited by meruru

1 hour ago, meruru said:

btw, I'm  not sure how this works but I think the more decorations you have on you wreath and tree the more decorated your badge becomes, I'm gonna test this out

Certainly didn't work last time....

I have no patience for the Mana or Tetris games, so I put together Red Star recipes for an easy 50 candy each. I don't know why I do that, since there's nothing left to spend them on, but it's practically compulsive.

2 hours ago, Emerald01 said:

I have no patience for the Mana or Tetris games, so I put together Red Star recipes for an easy 50 candy each. I don't know why I do that, since there's nothing left to spend them on, but it's practically compulsive.

lol Same here, there is nothing left to spend candy on, I've finalized all my decorating stuff, but I can't bear to *not* earn the candy!

Well, no matter how many ingredients I collect, I still  need 24 red star recipes finished.  So after days of wasting what little spare time I have, I am reconciled to not getting them doe, and I am giving up and saying to heck with it.

Congrats to those who finished - I have no idea how you did it.  I might have done better if I didn't need to work and sleep, LOL.

Now that the event is almost over, anybody discover new recipes NOT from the last cooking event? Did anybody do new gifs/jpeg/ whatever the heck the little pictures are called  and are chomping at the bit to tell us but they can`t because of non disclosure reasons until after the event? Now is the time to give us hints, so that we may discover your lovely work. 

15 minutes ago, daba555 said:

Well, no matter how many ingredients I collect, I still  need 24 red star recipes finished.  So after days of wasting what little spare time I have, I am reconciled to not getting them doe, and I am giving up and saying to heck with it.

Congrats to those who finished - I have no idea how you did it.  I might have done better if I didn't need to work and sleep, LOL.

The red star recipes are on the wiki.

2 minutes ago, MessengerDragon said:

Can  somebody tell me - how much time until the event ends? I can't work out what date it is on DC.

A little over 24 hours left. :) Cave time is the same as the Eastern US time zone: https://time.is/ET

1 hour ago, Laura-Borealis said:

The red star recipes are on the wiki.

Thank you, someone had already answered that for me - thank you, though.

My problem is, I am not getting the ingredients I need.  Of the 7 basic recipes I have yet to make, 6 need sugar and 1 needs 2 ingredients prepared with sugar.  All of those are needed for red star recipes, which in many cases also need sugar.  It's pointless, if I keep getting ice and meat.

I completely mis-read where TJ had said we had until 01/07/20 at 23:59pm, and thought it was when the clock turned midnight for Jan. 7.  So there I was, frantically trying to get my fort cleaned up and set, and my gingerbread house re-done, and... 

BD71:  *clicks, object still moves*  Oh, hey... *reads forum post, head-desks*

//senior moment

Not really happy with the gingerbread house, going to pull up one of my old screenshots and renovate, now that I have just under 24 hours.

9 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

lol Same here, there is nothing left to spend candy on, I've finalized all my decorating stuff, but I can't bear to *not* earn the candy!

I don't care about candy; I just can't bear to have ingredients not made up, so I collect every time I see something and every now and then trawl through to see what I can make.

It's the final day... I did eventually go on a small bit of a cooking frenzy until I very nearly ran out of eggs. Cleaned up my snow fort, and my tree, wreath and gingerbread house are all as good as they can get, so I guess I'll spend the rest of my day playing Mana Alchemy. Thank you to TJ for this event and thank you to Birdz for giving us another lovely new Holiday dragon! :wub: Happy new year, everyone! I hope you've had a merry Christmas or whatever holidays you folks celebrate! :D

16 hours ago, daba555 said:

I guess there's an upside to not having a job. 😏

I've been making loads of wine and playing Alchemy and a bit of Tetra.

It will be so strange when its all gone.

I might manage to finish my book.....

3 hours ago, Emerald01 said:

I guess there's an upside to not having a job. 😏

Haha I think about that a lot, actually. I only work two days a week due to disability, and I don't have much of a social life at all, so I'm on DC pretty much all the time. 

Just playing the tetris game now, done with everything else in the event... This was one of the best events ever, imo. I really really love being able to play older events/games, choose what you are interested in doing each day, etc. It's wonderful to have so many options (there have been a couple events I've been frustrated with in the past simply because the singular event game was something I didn't like or couldn't really do *ahem* mana alchemy....). 

I was just writing about how the event was fun but that I was a bit dissapointed that my fort was only destroyed once when I saw that finally it has been hit again by some snowballs. :D For whatever reason I love to repair my fort. ^_^

I hope that at least some of the attractions will return next year, as it looks like I won't have enough time to decorate my snow fort before the event ends (unfortunately, it doesn't work on my phone, and I won't be online in the next few hours). And I even farmed enough resources to get everything... :(

But yeah, the event was awesome! I'm glad that it lasted whole two weeks - I didn't have a lot of spare time, but I still managed to unlock all recipes and to decorate my tree, wreath, and gingerbread house! ❤️

Edited by Caerhann