TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

1 hour ago, Emerald01 said:

I need a few more resources to generate, but MY FORT is almost done, I think!

This is lovely!

I'm having fun making gingerbread houses and buches de noel, along with a bit of wine! XD

18 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Whether or not Valkemare has cows, surely there is at least one of those milk-producing livestock around.

Well, if dragons eat all your hedges, there aren't any hedges left for deer to munch on, and so on.  Evolution obviously happened differently on Valkemare; if it produced dragons, there might not be many mammals.

On the other hand, there do appear to be humans, which are mammals.  Therefore, there are probably some other mammals, which means there's probably something to get milk from, even if we have to get very tiny buckets and milk squirrels or something.

Okay, so I've managed to get the 3 other Christmas badges for participating, the Tree, Wreath, and Gingerbread (as well as this years calendar one)...but after days of collecting and making, I've managed to make ALL 73 known recipes for the 2012 Holiday Cooking event portion, but no Pie badge.  Was that one badge not meant to be returned since I wasn't part of the site before 2013?

I'm just curious to know if I shouldn't have lost all that time working on recipes, since candy collection was far less tedious with the other event things like the mana game or snow wars?

2 hours ago, GuardianOfCliffton said:

Okay, so I've managed to get the 3 other Christmas badges for participating, the Tree, Wreath, and Gingerbread (as well as this years calendar one)...but after days of collecting and making, I've managed to make ALL 73 known recipes for the 2012 Holiday Cooking event portion, but no Pie badge.  Was that one badge not meant to be returned since I wasn't part of the site before 2013?

I'm just curious to know if I shouldn't have lost all that time working on recipes, since candy collection was far less tedious with the other event things like the mana game or snow wars?

Sadly, according to TJ that badge is not available.

7 hours ago, Pilauli said:

Well, if dragons eat all your hedges, there aren't any hedges left for deer to munch on, and so on.  Evolution obviously happened differently on Valkemare; if it produced dragons, there might not be many mammals.

On the other hand, there do appear to be humans, which are mammals.  Therefore, there are probably some other mammals, which means there's probably something to get milk from, even if we have to get very tiny buckets and milk squirrels or something.

The Horse dragon encyclopedia entry mentions that they have bodies reminiscent of equines. We wouldn't be noting that if they didn't exist for us to compare them to. The same entry also mentions rodents. Now I'm curious what other animals are mdntioned in encyclopedia entries 

And the Cavern Lurker encyclopedia

Eat mostly mammals such as deer, pigs, horses, and cattle.

Edited by Chaos Rider

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Sadly, according to TJ that badge is not available.

Ah, bugger...that's what I was afraid of. -_-  Even though it doesn't link to anything, and would have just been for participation (especially if it would change to pumpkin pie if completing everything)...it would have been nice to still make it obtainable.  Guess I shouldn't put in all that time trying to make everything. 😕 

Thanks for the info.

Edited by GuardianOfCliffton

Okay, you've convinced me, Chaos Rider.  If CLs eat mostly mammals, there must be plenty of large mammals.  Huh, including cattle.

Could somebody please give me some hints for the bread dough?

(And send me some eggs please! I want to trade my ice and milk for eggs!)

Add yeast to plain dough.  Thankfully doesn't require even more eggs like sweet dough.

Lol... tried my best. original idea was to place Saphira from Eragon on the roof. Somehow the result is an eastern dragon who drank too much.

Immagine.png

I threw out my old design of my gingerbread house and remaking it from the ground up.

The only I think I kinda of regret is not getting a picture of my old house before I destroyed it.

Though now my gingerbread house actually looks like a house now...ish.

4 hours ago, Naruhina_94 said:

Lol... tried my best. original idea was to place Saphira from Eragon on the roof. Somehow the result is an eastern dragon who drank too much.

Immagine.png

XD Lovely!

20 hours ago, GuardianOfCliffton said:

Yeah, I was also one of the many people that ended up losing a lot of time on this... I thought at the very least we'd get something out of it.

You get the badge for this year's participation. That is exactly what we who did it the first time got; that's all the pie was. The difference with the others is that for them, you get new badges with links so that people can view your tree, wreath and gingerbread house after the event is over.

You don't need a linked badge for the recipes you made - after it's over they are gone for good.

9 hours ago, Naruhina_94 said:

Jeez, I wish I could think of stuff like that on my own.  Now *I* wanna do a dragon on my house!  But I think I'll leave it alone because yours is pretty spectacular, and I don't wanna just be a copycat. :)

25150801_gingerbreadhouse.png.1de0d93c8ef4508f7de8d9c12cdaa0cb.png

Ta-da! My new house, it was going to look more normal but then I decide to use all the frosting colors for the roof and sides.

Also the amount of time I actually took off the base frosting on the house annoyed me! To the point I gave up fixing it the last time, because you can't tell anymore. XD

(and I saw someone make what I assume was icicles, so I did it as well. :D

Maybe we can purchase different-looking event badge in last day of event with 3000 candies?

(Like one in 2015 holiday event XD)

I'm just trying to use up as much ingredients as I can. Although I doubt I'll be able to use up 25 more cocoa beans before the end.

So I have 6 yam stuffed mushrooms, plus 6 mashed sweet potatoes, 5 Bûche de Noël , 12 banana splits plus 8 ice creams, 8 fruitcakes, 4 batches of cookies, 3 gingerbread houses, 8 apple ciders, 8 eggnogs, 36 bowls on minestrone, 63 roast chickens & 43 bottles of wine

Daaaang, party over at @Asharah's scroll! That's a ton of food! 😄

I finally gave in and completely re-did my gingerbread house. It was just too tempting. My final house: https://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/Marie19

edit: I must mention, my eyesight isn't the greatest and some of the smaller decorations were frustrating me, so I dug out an old magnifying glass and did a good portion of decorating while looking through the magnifier. I have a feeling I looked extremely silly leaning towards the computer with a magnifying glass in my hand, but it helped!

Edited by HeatherMarie

8 hours ago, Emerald01 said:

Jeez, I wish I could think of stuff like that on my own.  Now *I* wanna do a dragon on my house!  But I think I'll leave it alone because yours is pretty spectacular, and I don't wanna just be a copycat. :)

i also took inspiration from others. Skyrim Elder dragon was just amazing. It's ok, they will never look the same XD 

Edited by Naruhina_94

5 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I finally gave in and completely re-did my gingerbread house. It was just too tempting. My final house: https://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/Marie19

edit: I must mention, my eyesight isn't the greatest and some of the smaller decorations were frustrating me, so I dug out an old magnifying glass and did a good portion of decorating while looking through the magnifier. I have a feeling I looked extremely silly leaning towards the computer with a magnifying glass in my hand, but it helped!

That is an absolutely hilarious thought and thank you for giving me that mental image. XD

I too am swimming in cooking ingredients. I'm kinda tempted to blow them all and go on a massive cooking frenzy.

6 hours ago, Asharah said:

I'm just trying to use up as much ingredients as I can. Although I doubt I'll be able to use up 25 more cocoa beans before the end.

So I have 6 yam stuffed mushrooms, plus 6 mashed sweet potatoes, 5 Bûche de Noël , 12 banana splits plus 8 ice creams, 8 fruitcakes, 4 batches of cookies, 3 gingerbread houses, 8 apple ciders, 8 eggnogs, 36 bowls on minestrone, 63 roast chickens & 43 bottles of wine

XD I quit clicking on ingredients after I was done with the cooking I wanted to do -- unless they landed right on top of a link I needed to use! I still have lots of leftover ingredients, though.

I have currently have at least one of red star cooks in my list. I actually use leftover ingredients to make mess to get extra 10 candies XD 

I use all the ingredients I get. One Must Not Waste Food.

I have 21 cabbage rolls.

41 peanut butter

45 roast chicken

12 wine

and even 2 Bûche de Noël - which took some doing.

Edited by Fuzzbucket