TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Posted (edited)

So it just occurred to me... when we're doing holiday cooking, and we gather fresh eggs to use in the recipes, are we using--dragon eggs? Or chicken eggs? Because chickens are like 100x rarer than dragons... 😮

Edited by tjekan

1 hour ago, tjekan said:

So it just occurred to me... when we're doing holiday cooking, and we gather fresh eggs to use in the recipes, are we using--dragon eggs? Or chicken eggs? Because chickens are like 100x rarer than dragons... 😮

Well, let's start with these facts:

- Your average hen (female chicken) lays several eggs a week.

- Eggs are only fertile if the hen has recently mated with a rooster (male chicken).

- DC has no roosters.

Therefore, obviously, DCers' pet chickens have been laying lots of eggs, which, being unfertilized, will not hatch.  (Therefore the game doesn't usually mention them.)  So why not cook them up and eat them? 

Now you've got me wondering whether dragons, like chickens, lay dud eggs every week they're not successfully fertilized. If so, I hope humans in Galsreim like eggs a LOT, haha...

can someone clarify what exactly is the goal of the mana alchemy game...? are you trying to fill all the tiles? clear all the tiles? are you trying to end the game or keep it going indefinitely...? i feel like i'm missing something

33 minutes ago, -Frost-Fire- said:

can someone clarify what exactly is the goal of the mana alchemy game...?

The goal is to fill each space in the grid with a mana shard by placing tiles. The game will end once you achieve this, either having a mana shard or a tile on every square of the grid, and you can submit your score. ^_^ 

I finally made every red-star recipe on the list! :D That was fun. 

I think I've finally, finally managed to cook everything. *does the happy dance*

Uhm maskeradeplays do you mean hard candy or soft candy or are you refering to something outside holiday cooking.

Posted (edited)

Does anyone have the recipe for sweet dough? I just can't seem to get it ☹️ --> edit nevermind I just got it XD

Also very excited for the tetris game! Finally I can get candy fast XD

Edited by Gluria

sweet dough = eggs + plain dough + sugar using  preparation card

8 hours ago, tjekan said:

Now you've got me wondering whether dragons, like chickens, lay dud eggs every week they're not successfully fertilized. If so, I hope humans in Galsreim like eggs a LOT, haha...

Nah, I bet they're like songbirds that build a nest with their mate every spring before laying eggs.  Therefore, no romantic nest-building = no eggs.

6 hours ago, maskeradeplays said:

How do we use candy?

Spend them to unlock more decorations for your gingerbread house, wreath and tree 🎄

12 hours ago, -Frost-Fire- said:

can someone clarify what exactly is the goal of the mana alchemy game...? are you trying to fill all the tiles? clear all the tiles? are you trying to end the game or keep it going indefinitely...? i feel like i'm missing something

To add to what was already said - you can 100% keep the game going as long as you wish and rack up points before you fill every space with a shard/tile. The amount of candy you get depends on your score - so if you're not feeling keen on starting over, you can just keep making and clearing rows for easy points. I think the highest I went was a little over 6k, which got me somewhere around 180 candy. 

I'm at level 50 in the snow war.  Can anyone tell me if I need to level more to unlock more items?  I'd like to start getting rid of my weaponry and building pretty things with my resources!

I'm having so much fun with this tetris game, goodness! I think I have like 8-9 red-star recipes to cook in order to have them all, but I keep getting distracted by the tetris game. 

1 hour ago, LostFate said:

50 is the highest level you can reach.

Thanks. Good to know!  I can start making things pretty!!

I'd love to see other people's forts. Can y'all post links/pictures?

I have a little thing to say. If were gathering milk for the recipes, and we have no idea whether or not cows exist in DC, because there is no cow egg(obviously), then where is the milk coming from? Maybe cows do exist in dc.

49 minutes ago, Reshiram5875 said:

I have a little thing to say. If were gathering milk for the recipes, and we have no idea whether or not cows exist in DC, because there is no cow egg(obviously), then where is the milk coming from? Maybe cows do exist in dc.

eh, from certain breed descriptions and encyclopedia entries, we know some livestock exists in the DC 'verse. :) 

Spoiler

206681930_ScreenShot2020-01-04at3_58_25PM.png.89298e81d65911bd240534ebe6b5bce2.png

Cow's milk isn't the only kind of animal milk humans drink.... I mean, I've only ever had cow's milk, but I know there is also goat's milk, sheep's milk, donkey's milk... Even reindeer milk and elk milk, apparently. Whether or not Valkemare has cows, surely there is at least one of those milk-producing livestock around. 

I need to finish my wreath. I had it 'finished' but then changed some things, and then didn't actually finish changing what I wanted to change. ...... *goes back to tetris game anyways*

I have been able to do more of the receipes then when the game originally came out, I only have three more to do but they all require sweet dough and I have not been finding many eggs so may not be able to finish it all. I need to make two more doughs and three sweet doughs.