TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

18 minutes ago, meruru said:

this recipe is bugged, you need to use the preparation recipe card  instead of the oven card

please let me know if you get the pumpkin pie badge if you did all of them, thanks :D 

That worked! I had considered doing that but didn't want to waste more stuff. Thanks!

Where is the badge? I didn't get a pumpkin one in my regular badges. I did all regular and stared recipes.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

I can't tell if it's just because my mind easily slipped back into tetris-mode, but the 'hard' puzzles seem quite a bit easier than the original game. It could be just me. It's so much fun though! 

The puzzles looks about the same to me, it's probably your mind. :) It did take me a few games to remember some of the common combos. 

46 minutes ago, Bluheart said:

Am I doing something wrong with this recipe? Both times I've made it it went into the trash. I used oven option. That is my last recipe to make. Thanks!

• Yam-Stuffed Mushrooms
  • Spices
  • Mushroom
  • Cheese
  • Mashed Sweet Potatoes

43 minutes ago, meruru said:

this recipe is bugged, you need to use the preparation recipe card  instead of the oven card

please let me know if you get the pumpkin pie badge if you did all of them, thanks :D 

It is correct in the wiki; the googledoc has it wrong.

7 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It is correct in the wiki; the googledoc has it wrong.

It must have been edited after I got mine because I took it from the Dragon Cave Wiki really early and made a word file from it.I had also seen that others had problems making it and figured I'd wait till later to ask.  Either way I have made it correctly now. I sincerely appreciate you replying! 

Awh man! I've made every single recipe except the yam stuffed mushrooms. Every time I make it, it just makes a giant mess! Send help!

10 minutes ago, Coheart said:

Awh man! I've made every single recipe except the yam stuffed mushrooms. Every time I make it, it just makes a giant mess! Send help!

Use the prep card, not the oven card.

22 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Use the prep card, not the oven card.

Thank you! That worked! Every recipe completed!

Are there any forums available with people gifting out extra eggs?
I totally forgot about the event this year for the FIRST TIME and I missed out! D:

Anyone want to drop by my scroll for New Year dinner? I have eggnog, hot cocoa, apple cider and lots of wine! I've got sandwiches, lots of soup, roast chicken, and masked sweet potatoes, as well as yam stuffed mushrooms. Plenty of desserts Buche de Noel, gingerbread houses, fruitcake, and lots of banana splits and some caramel apples.

Sharing this here, since the topic was closed: 

I won't really be able to keep track of any questions about it any more, though, since it'll be scattered throughout conversation in this thread now, so if you have any problems please PM me instead and I'll try to get to it!

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Bluheart said:

It must have been edited after I got mine because I took it from the Dragon Cave Wiki really early and made a word file from it.I had also seen that others had problems making it and figured I'd wait till later to ask.  Either way I have made it correctly now. I sincerely appreciate you replying! 

I forget exactly when I edited it.... Wait - on Dec 27th. As soon as someone told ME why I was getting messes !

43 minutes ago, TheDarkLatias said:

Are there any forums available with people gifting out extra eggs?
I totally forgot about the event this year for the FIRST TIME and I missed out! D:

I think it's probably too late now.... there are virtually no hatchies left in fan sites. There was a WALL of them in the AP for HOURS at one point.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Does anyone know if something occurs this year once you've cooked all the recipes? (I believe I've done them all and wanted some proof I didn't miss anything haha -- but figuring my sprite from 2012 doesn't change!)

5 hours ago, meruru said:

the pie badges were only available during the first year the baking event was introduced.

how it worked back then was the you got the badge as an unbaked pie. then as you completed all the recipes it cooked into the brown pumpkin pie.

I was wondering why my badge wasn't changing, I thought it was supposed to after baking everything. Thank you reddof-f6!

Finally finished, phew!

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I forget exactly when I edited it.... Wait - on Dec 27th. As soon as someone told ME why I was getting messes !

I think it's probably too late now.... there are virtually no hatchies left in fan sites. There was a WALL of them in the AP for HOURS at one point.

Dangit... well, at least they'll be available in the cave CB next year, but I'll be competing with everyone else for them ;v;

@TheDarkLatias There is still a handful of trades containing this year's new dragon in the Trading Hub, you might take a look there and see if you have anything they are asking for.

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, meruru said:

4 hours ago, reddof-f6 said:

the pie badges were only available during the first year the baking event was introduced.

how it worked back then was the you got the badge as an unbaked pie. then as you completed all the recipes it cooked into the brown pumpkin pie.

Now I know why I couldn't find my  Pumpkin pie! I had to look at 2012 in my badges.I registered here in Feb. 2008
and I have 33 badges in all. Thanks to @reddof-f6 for helping me find my way! :D

Obviously I don't post enough to know how to do a 2nd quote but that is OK! 

Edited by Bluheart
Trying to fix quote

How many recipes do we have to do in order to get a trophy????? 😢 

10 minutes ago, Feral71 said:

How many recipes do we have to do in order to get a trophy????? 😢 

There is no badge/trophy for making recipes during the Advent Calendar. There was way back in 2012, but it did not return.