TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

I think it's pretty random with each user... I have tons of eggs (13 at the moment!), milk is what I'm running low on. 

I'm trying to redo my wreath but keep getting distracted with the cooking game. Wreath is pretty bare at this point.

I was thinking more along the lines that sugar and eggs are needed for many, many recipes. Far more than the herbs, water, cocoa beans I keep getting. The reason people keep running out these ingredients (sugar, eggs, flour primarily) is because they are used in far more recipes. They should be more frequent just because of how many recipes require them. 
Just look at Lemon Meringue Pie à la mode for an excellent example.

plain dough (flour/eggs) + lemon curd (eggs/sugar) + meringue (eggs/sugar) = lemon meringue pie

ice cream = eggs again

A ton of recipes require sweet dough, which is even more annoying that plain dough, because of the sugar and extra eggs it requires.

I'm not complaining that I have a lot of milk and ice at the moment because I know that is something that will get used up quickly when eggs, sugar, and flour decide to start appearing again!
Very few recipes need water, herbs, cocoa beans in comparison.

I haven't peeked at the adults yet. I'll watch them grow up on my scroll. Getting excited to see what these cute little hatchies are going to grow up to be! :wub:

Since we are nearing the New Year, I just want to take this opportunity to give a special thank you to TJ for everything he does for this site, and many, many thanks to all of the spriters, concept artists, and everyone involved in organizing the wonderful special holiday activities we are fortunate to enjoy on Dragon Cave.  I really enjoy the retro games and have had so much fun this Christmas, and still more days to unlock advent doors. ^_^ Thank all of you for making DC what it is, and may everyone have a blessed New Year. :nyan:

7 minutes ago, saltywench said:

How the hell do you play the mana game? There are no instructions! What gives?

You play it by filling the squares with mana crystals. Basically, blue tiles next to blue, pink to pink. Fill an entire row, the filled tiles disappear and leave behind mana crystals. There are combinations where you can put a pink square next to a blue one or a red/burgundy. The colored outline on the tiles show you what can be played next to what ❤️ 

7 hours ago, Ravensilver said:

Very pretty!! I never thought of putting one of the dragons IN the tree!

3 hours ago, orcachick2005 said:

Short on ingredients, so have been messing around with my tree and wreath. 

https://dragcave.net/wreath/orcachick2005

https://dragcave.net/tree/orcachick2005

LOL  Those are so appropriate!  I thought about doing something similar to my tree, but then I made bubbles!!!  

@birdzgoboomThe Wintertide is absolutely gorgeous!!! Well done, and thank you for making them!

@natli    What is the Aegis Oath? I clicked on the image, and it just took me to the image page.

Ugh. I played one round of Mana Alchemy just to see how it went, and then I went right back to cooking for candy. 

Okay, I've unlocked most of the things except blue and purple, and I'm looking at my wreath, and it needs help. But I can't decide what kind of help.  Should I rebuild the mane and the the neck and head on top?  Should I change the neck angle so it's all one direction instead of the Over-the-shoulder kind of thing I'm trying now?  All thoughts are welcome!

@olympe I'd especially love to hear what you think.  Do you think I can get it closer to that original picture? Or should I keep working with what I have?  I like the blinking stars in the mane, but think maybe they need to be obscured a bit? 

Alright, the end of the AP wall should be.... soon-ish? Visible AP eggs currently at 3d17h, the last egg I bred around 9:45pm on the 25th is at 4days even. (Of course the ending of the AP wall always seems to last way longer than I predict, so don't count on my word...)

edit: Dangit, just refreshed the AP and saw an elusive Starsinger, but automatically clicked on the milk ingredient that popped up instead! 

Edited by HeatherMarie

10 hours ago, cbussiere said:

Oh WOW I love the Wintertides. Such an ornate design, with rich classic Christmas colors. :wub: The tail looks like an architectural decoration. Beautiful!

Popping in just to say that I am super glad you mentioned this, as part of the design inspiration behind the Wintertide came from some of the transoms (ranma) that I've studied from old Japanese architecture. It's a fairly obscure inspiration so I am glad to see some of that came through! 🙂

Thanks for the kind words!

Spectacular new dragons.  

This is so fun, opening the new doors for more goodies, fun and games.  I'm addicted to mana alchemy.   

Would love to make meringue and mashed sweet potatoes, but alas - no sugar.  No sugar for two days.  Sugar drought.  

*Minutes later*...

miracle alert!  3ysfqc.png

Edited by SecondStarToTheRight

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Alright, the end of the AP wall should be.... soon-ish? Visible AP eggs currently at 3d17h, the last egg I bred around 9:45pm on the 25th is at 4days even. (Of course the ending of the AP wall always seems to last way longer than I predict, so don't count on my word...)

edit: Dangit, just refreshed the AP and saw an elusive Starsinger, but automatically clicked on the milk ingredient that popped up instead! 

Those random ingredients popping up are sometimes so annoying!

@Chaos Rider me too!

Thank you for the update, Fuzz!

These adults are amazing! They're Christmas colors are perfect, and they remind me of a dragon-phoenix hybrid. Birdz, you have outdone yourself. I tip my helmet to you. ;) 

I'm actually enjoying this years event and naming all my new holiday dragons. 

It is nice to see pretty lineages too. 

@Bigbite

Unfortunately not beer as I repeatedly complained already. But wine! Prepare Fruit + Yeast = Wine!

3 minutes ago, Astreya said:

@Bigbite

Unfortunately not beer as I repeatedly complained already. But wine! Prepare Fruit + Yeast = Wine!

@AstreyaThank you very much, I have a ton of yeast!

Cooking game refuses to give me fruit, XD;  I'm getting recipes now, but still not one fruit since the start of the game.  Lots of coco beans, spices, mushrooms and nuts, but no fruit. Strange.

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

6 hours ago, Emerald01 said:

@natli    What is the Aegis Oath? I clicked on the image, and it just took me to the image page.

It's a thread where you make an oath to keep your CB Aegis as they are - pacified or enraged, so they won't mess up lineages ^^

Edited by natli