TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

3 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Meat Pie is a red star recipe and pretty easy to figure out.

I don't even know what a meat pie is made with IRL, besides the titular ingredient. XD Vegetarians are at a disadvantage here.

1 minute ago, cbussiere said:

I don't even know what a meat pie is made with IRL, besides the titular ingredient. XD Vegetarians are at a disadvantage here.

Well, there's also three types of fruit/vegetable pie. As it happens:

Spoiler

all of the "(something) pie" recipes are (something) plus pie i.e. plain dough

Wish I could trade all my extra poultry, meat, and herbs for some eggs, sugar, and flour! The things I need most are the things I can't get. 😂

New holiday dragons are gorgeous, thank you TJ and spriters!

On another note, in the recipes game, is there a way to make flour from grain? Or any way to request specific ingredients like sugar and eggs, which are scarce compared to my need?

12 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Well, there's also three types of fruit/vegetable pie. As it happens:

Hide contents

all of the "(something) pie" recipes are (something) plus pie i.e. plain dough

Three ? I have both meat pies, and the pastie - are you calling that a pie ? Just checking...

23 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

Unsure if this is how other people make it, but my family's meat pie is ground beef, onions, peas, carrots, and brown gravy. I suppose you could make a veggie-only version in real life, but you'd have to substitute something for the gravy since that's also a meat-based product.

All this pie discussion made me hungry.

(Photo is actually from the 26th. But I'd make another if I had all the ingredients for it here. >_>)

Edit: Slightly tongue-in-cheek pie recipe (but definitely real, I use this whenever I'm lazy but want pie, which is nearly always when I want pie): https://www.schlaugh.com/~/glfQGeg

Edited by pinkgothic

36 minutes ago, Kith said:

Unsure if this is how other people make it, but my family's meat pie is ground beef, onions, peas, carrots, and brown gravy. I suppose you could make a veggie-only version in real life, but you'd have to substitute something for the gravy since that's also a meat-based product.

There are vegan gravies. And yes you can make a veggie pie; it's easy. (I am the only omnivore in the family here !)

Genuine recipes available if you need them....

Eggs and Sugar should be a million times more common than they are. Flour should be more common, but hasn't been terrible for me until recently. I was doing great at vegetables and then suddenly the game has decided to rarely give me vegetables.

I have a ridiculous amount of water, yeast, herbs, and cocoa beans. These should be less common drops.

Omg...Alchemy!!!! I freaking wish there was a way to play this game at any time!! This is like one of the most relaxing games to play. I took a video playing so at least I can have the memories!! Adults are gorgeous!

59 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Three ? I have both meat pies, and the pastie - are you calling that a pie ? Just checking...

lol three fruit/vegtable pies.  (and one nut)

30 minutes ago, Tetelestai said:

Omg...Alchemy!!!! I freaking wish there was a way to play this game at any time!! This is like one of the most relaxing games to play. I took a video playing so at least I can have the memories!! Adults are gorgeous!

You and me too, friend! I've waited for five years to get to play this game again, I love it so much! Definitely the best holiday event minigame so far. :wub: I was so happy to see this game show up behind the 4th door this morning!

Edited by Sazandora

I really need fruit...and vegetables...and sugar...please...

Edited by Glaciarie

Sometimes, when I abort the mana game and click through a bit more, it says I've already earned all my candy, even when I haven't.  Must be a minor bug.

9 hours ago, john_jones said:

How do I suppose to get candy if I can't cook a lot because I have no sugar?!

The mana game is way easier for getting candy.

1 hour ago, Arwen17 said:

Eggs and Sugar should be a million times more common than they are. Flour should be more common, but hasn't been terrible for me until recently. I was doing great at vegetables and then suddenly the game has decided to rarely give me vegetables.

I have a ridiculous amount of water, yeast, herbs, and cocoa beans. These should be less common drops.

I think it's pretty random with each user... I have tons of eggs (13 at the moment!), milk is what I'm running low on. 

I'm trying to redo my wreath but keep getting distracted with the cooking game. Wreath is pretty bare at this point.

30 minutes ago, perzephone said:

The mana game is way easier for getting candy.

Cooking red star recipes is the easiest, actually, unless you're very low on ingredients. Cooking only 6 recipes completely fills your daily 300. The mana game takes time to get significant amounts of candy, but cooking is very fast. And some of them are very simple and sugar-free, like

Spoiler

(preparation) fruit + yeast = wine

or

(oven) vegetables + boiling water = vegetable soup

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Three? Four fruit/vegetable pies:

Apple Pie

Lemon Meringue Pie (two somethings plus plain dough)

Pecan Pie

Pumpkin Pie (you also need sugar for that one!)

Also: All above pies can be combined with ice cream for the "à la monde" version. latest?cb=20121220190108

:D Plus Meat Pie (either poultry or meat + plain dough)

I can't find sugar, vegetables haven't seen a single one, eggs are scarcer then Hen's teeth. I think I had it easier with the cooking game the first time around then on this go. 

31 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

boiling water

A red star recipe that includes boiling water actually ought to give you 60 points - you get 10 points for boiling the water and 50 for using it in the recipe.  Pretty sure, at least.

My own (formerly bad) luck with getting sugar and eggs has slightly improved, which is probably because I switched to the mana game for earning candy.  Just when you don't want it so much, you get it.  But I still kind of want it, so I don't have much.  :P

41 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

Cooking red star recipes is the easiest, actually, unless you're very low on ingredients. Cooking only 6 recipes completely fills your daily 300. The mana game takes time to get significant amounts of candy, but cooking is very fast. And some of them are very simple and sugar-free, like

Hide contents

(preparation) fruit + yeast = wine

or

(oven) vegetables + boiling water = vegetable soup

The cooking is easy if you have a lot of time to spend gathering ingredients on the site. The Mana game can be pretty quick - it took me about 10 minutes to fill my candy bar for today.