TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

The mana game has gone a bit weird on me too.  It was working fine earlier, (as someone said, before the instructions appeared), but now the neutral tile is off centre when you load the page and when you try to take another tile close to it they both disappear.  And like Meruru says, sometimes the tiles are flying all over the screen.  I am also on a laptop. 

It appears to be having some sort of glitch.  

That being said, I am enjoying seeing the return of the old favourites. 

Edited by FullMoonDreams

Try a hard refresh. Ctrl and F5 together. That fixed it for me.

Edited by Lagie

The dragons are very cute! And so detailed!

1 hour ago, Kiwiana said:

Wow heavy overload Christmas Dragon XD, can't really figure out the details - is it carrying a bell? But the colors are really awesome!

I think that's just a pair of secondary wings, just like the ones that Blusang Lindwyrms have.

7 minutes ago, daffy said:

Not a complaint exactly... but you really should be able to get to water from ice.  Maybe ice+ice=water.

Or just a blank preparation recipe consisting of 1x ice. Though water is quite a common ingredient, while ice is not, so I'd rather propose a reversal - a blank preparation recipe consisting of 1x water.

Meanwhile, there's still not enough sugar...

*sees posts about glitch, rushes off to Mana Alchemy* lol oh that's funny, the tiles really are literally flying all over the page. (I mean, funny to me because I'm not actually trying to play, probably not so funny if you are actually attempting to play...)

On 12/27/2019 at 7:10 AM, Silverwatermist said:

I think there's a poultry curse. New suggestion for everybody: only talk about poultry if you need it! Then maybe you'll actually get it like we are right now instead of the chicken fairy sending it all to us 😂
EDIT: Right after posting this I just got another one!! This doesn't even sound believable at this point!

Been playing on and off for days now, not a single poultry... hopefully this changes soon. =/

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Try a hard refresh. Ctrl and F5 together. That fixed it for me.

Thanks.  I thought I had tried that already, but think I had hit Fn and F5 instead. Ooops. 

Amusing to see the poultry curse.  In my case it is sugar that I never seem to have enough of... or any. 

1 minute ago, Nyakuni said:

Been playing on and off for days now, not a single poultry... hopefully this changes soon. =/

all ive been getting is poultry. i have 7 raw AND 7 roasted chickens. water is non exsistant with sugar in #2 of rarity. 😭

8 minutes ago, Caerhann said:

Meanwhile, there's still not enough sugar...

With you on that one for sure.  

Oh WOW I love the Wintertides. Such an ornate design, with rich classic Christmas colors. :wub: The tail looks like an architectural decoration. Beautiful!

Okay, glad it's not just me with the mana game problem. It won't align my tiles with the grid at all, and I have a random floater neutral tile that just does what it wants XD 1945127573_Screenshot2019-12-28at18_19_44.png.6de53e23fd703e779597f39dbabd65a0.png

When I try to scroll over it, things go funky...

390563217_Screenshot2019-12-28at18_19_52.png.bda5e1e5aaed438defa94dc1c5ad0002.png

wow indeed. I wonder if it is down to TJ having just added the instructions (well, he said he had...)

I confess that I'm having a great time with the old games, especially with the decorating :) I'm so glad it works without the work-around now... ❤️

Wreath
Tree

I am also very thankful for all the lovely people who have dropped pretty eggs into the AP. And I'm very much looking forward to the new dragons... ❤️

Really love the colors of the adult dragons - the extra wings on the back throw me a little, and I do wish the head was a little more...prominent, maybe larger or had some horns, something to make it not seem like it's lost in the details of the rest of the body, but overall, I quite like it. I think it will work nicely in some lineages next year.

Gotta say I really love the palette on the adult dragon.

I'm definitely going to hoard them starting next year.

The fun thing is - I talked to a very good friend on phone just before Christmas, and we both said we'd want a Christmas dragon in strong colours like the original Holly this year - and lo' and behold, we got it! Thank you so much for the beautiful sprite, and of course thanks to TJ and everybody involved for the wonderful Christmas event!

P.S. I still want a recipe for beer that involves my heaps of yeast, grain and water!

Edited by Astreya

I'm so chuffed that we can make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I had to attempt it once I realized I had jam and peanut butter... Yay for discovering red star recipes without consulting the wiki!

WOW. The Wintertide dragons look so grand and fantastic

@birdzgoboom You’ve really outdone yourself, friend. Super excited to get to collect this lovely baby of yours! I’m already looking forward to next year’s holiday season :)

13 minutes ago, CrazyFinch said:

Still no trace of red star recipes. What am I doing wrong?..

Oh.

You can always discover them yourself by putting things together.

Meat Pie is a red star recipe and pretty easy to figure out.

I don't know when this was fixed, exactly, but thank you, TJ09, for making spawned items hover above the footer div on Portal 2. I never bothered to report this when I first noticed it (years ago) because the workaround is to just reload until it shows up somewhere else, but it looks like I no longer need to do the workaround now. Thank you!