borntobefree

Account closed?

So my niece came to visit, and she loves dragons so I helped her make an account here. Why's it locked, and closed? She did the email verifications, thought that was the problem but its still gone.

her new nik is Seira the dragon.

When you signed up, you agreed to the terms and conditions. One of the rules has to do with having multiple accounts. We call this multi-scrolling. If you used the same computer, there’s a chance it was mid-identified. I’d message TJ or a mod to get it straightened out. :) 

Your scroll is fine? 

yes mine is fine, but shes special so she only goes on when she comes over, so yea it will be done on my computer, but didn't think this was an issue cause me and my room mate both log in on this puter often, lol.

I'm really an idiot sometimes I took multi scrolling to mean signing yourself up with many accounts, lol, not just using the same computer.

Can i make a suggestion, have a signup log for people who sign in from computers others use too, like technically this account would make three from this one computer but its three different people. Maye a quickie bio of who's also going to use this same ip addy who is also on the site.

That is exactly what multiscrolling means. Lots of families share computers with no prob;ems.  It sounds as if there was some other issue. PM a mod and ask.

Multi scrolling is one person using different accounts. Unfortunately, sometimes multiple people honestly using the same computer can be hard to tell from one person simply claiming to have multiple relatives using the same computer when really, all the scrolls are their own.

As mentioned, message TJ and he should be able to sort things—although it might take a while since the holidays are so busy.

Also, if an account gets "closed" by TJ, there's that message that you try to pick up  that scroll, but "it's charred and impossible to read". However, the message I get when entering your (@borntobefree's) niece's scroll name is the same as when the account doesn't exist or is hidden (account settings => Hide Scroll).

Are you sure your niece's scroll name is Seira the dragon? It's not giving me any results.

yea i went on it to see how her eggs were doing and put them manually into a hatchiers, so yea the names good.  Shes back in a week, and I'll have her start charting her dergs, shes really not going to be in forums and such, but wanted her to see people saying hi to her in the welcome thread. which is still hidden.

You are asking about a forum account? That's a bit different than a scroll, which all replies thus far have been about. As a side note, I hope you checked on her scroll from a view page, not logged into it as that would be multi-scrolling. 

Any mod should be able to look into a forum account to answer your question. Though I believe new members area falls under help mods.

Edit: I can see her post in the introduction section. So I'm going to assume people were busy and hadn't approved it yet.

Edited by DragonLady86
Prevent double post

I approved their forum intro post, so they should now be able to post freely. Was that the issue? 

yea it was her account, in the intro section it had the link for the hatchiers and such but it wasn't working for her account, She's coming over for my birthday so I'll have her log in then to see if everythings working now.