Vilne

Releasing April Fools mints made more difficult

These dragons are only available once a year (and even then, only as long as the event continues recurring), and even then, only via sheer good luck. Since their special status is meant to be invisible on the scroll itself, it's easier to accidentally release them while scroll tidying than it might be otherwise.

Therefore, my suggestion is: if possible, maybe there could be a second confirmation popup for these dragons when releasing (and when attempting to kill) them. I do think it should still be possible to release/kill them--people should still be able to control what is and isn't on their scroll, after all; hence the usefulness of things like the expunge action--if they're deliberately releasing the special dragon with 100% certainty that that's what they want to do and conscious acceptance of the fact that they might regret it later.

I know I for one would personally like to spare others the supreme "d'oh!" moment of realizing you accidentally let go of something super rare, heh.

Edited by GraphiteStorm
Added clarity

The upside down mint does appear as upside down on the actions, and release confirmation pages. You still get the same confirmation alert when you enter your password. I don't know that we need an additional warning system on top of this.

294098814_ScreenShot2019-12-04at3_28_23PM.png.7f334756ffd5921dc6c204b883dc356c.png

I can confirm what Stromboli said. Also, even if you go directly to the actions page, the mint will be upside down there, too.

Yeah, I really don't see a reason for this. I get that it can be devastating to make such a mistake, but there are already multiple confirmation/safeguards to releasing. If you go through the steps, see the sprite, confirm, etc, that's on you and not really something the game can/should change? Also, why just April Fools Mints? CB Prizes are subjectively much more important than an upside-down mint (can you actually release CB Prizes? I'm not positive about that). And CB holidays as well, especially 'original' 2008/2009 breeds. I really don't think it makes sense to add extra steps for upside-down mints and not any others.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

(can you actually release CB Prizes? I'm not positive about that).

I've seen one that was accidentally released. I don't even want to imagine that feeling. oO

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yeah, I really don't see a reason for this. I get that it can be devastating to make such a mistake, but there are already multiple confirmation/safeguards to releasing. If you go through the steps, see the sprite, confirm, etc, that's on you and not really something the game can/should change? Also, why just April Fools Mints? CB Prizes are subjectively much more important than an upside-down mint (can you actually release CB Prizes? I'm not positive about that). And CB holidays as well, especially 'original' 2008/2009 breeds. I really don't think it makes sense to add extra steps for upside-down mints and not any others.

Exactly this. If we couldn't see what we are releasing, ok, but there is only so much hand-holding we should expect.

3 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

I've seen one that was accidentally released. I don't even want to imagine that feeling. oO

I can imagine, but even so...

I have a question about this...Is the upside down mint available in future years too?  Not just the one time?  And if so, how does one go about getting it?

2 hours ago, 49ER said:

I have a question about this...Is the upside down mint available in future years too?  Not just the one time?  And if so, how does one go about getting it?

We won't know until April Fools next year. It's only available through an April Fools event.

As for the suggestion itself, I understand the frustration but since it does appear in sprite form in the conformation, I don't see a second step as being necessary. Perhaps you could give your Upside Down a distinctive nickname so you know if you're releasing them, or otherwise be sure to definitely check the sprite if you want to release!!

8 hours ago, 49ER said:

it’s been available on April Fools at least two years running now so likely will be again

basically when you go to the biomes you’re prompted with a little prisoner’s dilemma type game. Be naughty and there’s a chance you get an upside down mint egg. :)

9 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

it’s been available on April Fools at least two years running now so likely will be again

basically when you go to the biomes you’re prompted with a little prisoner’s dilemma type game. Be naughty and there’s a chance you get an upside down mint egg. :)

Three years running, actually. I know I won twice and lost once. :)