TJ09

2019-12-01 - December Dragon Release

1 hour ago, Dohaerys said:

terrible water

doha what the h*ck that water is godly, dont say these things about yo epic art :v 

Love the adults, the aranoas are particularly beautiful, well done and thank you spriters and thank you TJ for the release 

That Aranoa painting is gorgeous, I really love the colors on these guys. Something about the sprite gives me Godzilla-ish vibes and I like picturing these guys as big, dragon-y crocodilians.

The Sandwastes are cool, too. I'm less excited about them because nothing immediately comes to mind to pair them with, but the female in particular is a nice neutral color and I suspect they'll both actually complement a lot of breeds.

2 hours ago, Dohaerys said:

aranoa.png

Absolutely gorgeous :D I’m so happy to see more of your work on the site, Dohaerys. 

Ooooh, I love the colors on the Aranoas! 👌👌👌

also i'm gonna be scoopin' up so many Sandwastes, y'all know how much I love them big ol' hefty lookin' boys 😍

I’m happy with this release. NOT going to complain about Getting new dragons!! Thank you for the extra info too!

Love the colours on the Aranoas and the Sandwaste is such a cool, brute-ish dragon, we need more of those!

I welcome every single release of new dragons, no matter the time or amount. The more the better :P 

Oh wow, those Aranoas are just gorgeous! I really love the coloring, it's bright and pretty without being overwhelming like some other recent releases, and I personally think the colors compliment each other perfectly. And thanks for the extra info and beautiful images, Dohaerys! I really love when spriters give extra drawings/images, it really helps me get a better feel for the dragon's personality. 

The Sandwastes are nice, I can't decide if I like the male better because of the easier to see details in the darker coloring, or the female better because of the more subdued coloring. Not totally wild about the sprites themselves, nothing specific they just aren't jumping out at me as 'collect me!'. 

I was not at all prepared for this release and had to wait to pick up any, but I still only need 3 more to have my 8 of each, so it worked out well. And I don't see the timing of it as problematic -- just unusual and unexpected.

These are both very nice dragons. And that art is simply gorgeous, @Dohaerys! Thanks to you and @Infinis for these new additions to our cave. And thanks again to TJ for the nice surprise after I had given up on a "November release".

I definetly love colors of both dragons. I prefer Aaranoas because i believe there is great need of acquatic dragons. Question is: are they categorized as sea serpent like shallow waters or wingless dragon like waterhorse? Colors, pose and shape of them is amazing.

Would love the addition of a new biome to represent rivers, lakes, swamp and any freshwater. That and an update to the map would be great. Last time i checked TJ had something in mind already for the map ;) let's hope it's still that way.

The floppy hears of sandwaste are so cute XD maybe they dont fit the breed but surely it makes them unique! (someone tell me if they are horns I really can't picture them XD)

Edited by Naruhina_94

I really like the description of the Aranoas, but I LOVE the Sandwastes! Can't resist a big, lumbering beast. Is it just me or does the female look like the "Hulk" version of the Lumina? XD

I really love the artwork on these, we don't get many bulky and lizard-like dragons. They're more often small, sleek, and horse/cat/dog like and while sleek and elegant dragons are great we don't get very many that aren't. I like that DCs latest releases are moving away from always being basic-westerns and overused design choices.

🎵"Holly floating sheep - it's a dinosaur "🎵

- Arcanoa

Thank you for making this release, though why it's not a November one I will never unsderstand - it could have easly been.

for the first time ever we're about to have 2 disconnected releases within the same month.. or has christmas been cancelled?:P (I bet it's not!)

does double December release (of 3 breeds total) mean the holiday limits will rise as well? that would be the best christmas present ever - DC-wise ofc.

(dreams)

Hope a release this time of the year will finally become an annual event at last, the community is getting confuzed when it's more or less alternating between years.

And thank you the new eggs were at least easy to catch the day afterwards!

Edited by VixenDra

Cool adults, thanks to everyone involved! :D

The sandwaste has horns like those of the old Irish goat - not ears :3

4 minutes ago, Infinis said:

The sandwaste has horns like those of the old Irish goat - not ears :3

Or perhaps certain kinds of long-horn cattle?

That is what I pictured I guess?

17 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

Or perhaps certain kinds of long-horn cattle?

That is what I pictured I guess?

They’re specifically modeled on the old Irish goat 😄

4 minutes ago, Infinis said:

They’re specifically modeled on the old Irish goat 😄

I had to look them up and yes, I can definitely see it. XD

oooh i like these babies, i have to admit the fish one is my favorite though.

LOVING these new dragons, especially the Sandwaste Dragons! They are something we haven't really seen yet ^^