TJ09

2019-12-01 - December Dragon Release

Rats! Have too many eggs at the moment but hope when they hatch I can nab the beautiful new babies. I have a "thing" that make me unable to toss away my eggs or kill any of my virtual babies. I even hate having to let bred eggs go lest they not be "cared for". I'm mental that way LOL.

I thought we had 24 hours at least to get the new eggs, but all I'm seeing are the old eggs in the biomes where the new ones are supposed to be.

15 minutes ago, zheyrryhn said:

I thought we had 24 hours at least to get the new eggs, but all I'm seeing are the old eggs in the biomes where the new ones are supposed to be.

No, lately we have been lucky if we get 5 or 6 hours of unmixed drops. The new eggs are still there, though. They are just mixed with the old ones.

Wait..... there's a new release in the same month as a Holiday breeding season? I already see older eggs filtering in, and I don't think I'll manage to catch them this time. Not unless someone has a description of the eggs?

I'm always happy for new dragons, but I don't think this was the best timing. November would have been better, as it was perfectly spaced between Halloween and Christmas. 

14 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Wait..... there's a new release in the same month as a Holiday breeding season? I already see older eggs filtering in, and I don't think I'll manage to catch them this time. Not unless someone has a description of the eggs?

I'm always happy for new dragons, but I don't think this was the best timing. November would have been better, as it was perfectly spaced between Halloween and Christmas. 

If you look directly under TJ's post, there is a comment that has both descriptions !

Maybe it's good to have some unpredictability once in a while. ^^

Didn't expect the dune ones to color differently due gender! And the coast dragon looks it's gonna be amazing, love the body style already.

2 hours ago, zheyrryhn said:

We haven't had a 24 hour new release flood in *years*. It's generally 8 hours or less before old breeds start mixing in. This one was actually longer then most, I was hunting at 15 hours past release and none had mixed in yet. 

15 minutes ago, Bamboomonkey said:

Maybe it's good to have some unpredictability once in a while. ^^

I agree! This release totally surprised me, but I kinda like that it's a 'surprise' thing. It's still far enough away from the start of holiday breeding.

1 hour ago, ComatosedRoses said:

If you look directly under TJ's post, there is a comment that has both descriptions !

Thanks. I saw that after my original post. I guess I was just a bit taken aback by the release. 

Also I couldn't toss any eggs, except for one. 

edit: Welp, got my full batch. it was a lot easier than I thought it'd be.

Edited by Syiren

after my 4 deserts, I meant to grab two from coast and two from jungle...ended up grabbing 4 from jungle and none from coast. XD  Oh well, next time I'll just get 4 from coast, I guess.

4 hours ago, Syiren said:

This exactly. Even though I don't really like November releases either (I feel like I need a break between the Halloween and x-mas breeding seasons), it's still much more preferable than an actual non-holiday December release. :c I know there are a lot of nice dragons just waiting for their chance to get into the caves, but doing so right before major holidays is really stressful and unpleasant.

And on top of all that, drops don't last very long before the other eggs start mixing in, as other people have pointed out. I have only one new egg right now and I doubt it'll be easy to find more by the time I finally have sufficient space on my scroll. Frustrating.

Oh gosh. My first new release after returning to the game. I've been locked for at least 15 hours m but I've managed to drab two of each. Phew..

On 11/30/2019 at 11:03 PM, TCA said:

Oh. That was not expected.

Caught me by surprise. But what a lovely surprise it is

Thank-you TJ and spriters!

I started out egg locked so I expected to have trouble getting my first two sets of each of them, but much to my delight, I just walked in and picked up my last two out of the desert. Amazingly, this far out from the first drop, I was able to get the first, and turn around and get a second one during the same five minute turn.

Thank you TJ and the spriters! :wub:

9 hours ago, Syiren said:

I really can't see a problem with December 1st. A month after Halloween and at that time we then get a week of holidays in the AP. Now we have three weeks till Christmas, basically. Works for!

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I really can't see a problem with December 1st.

Cuts back on the amount of time/space some of us have for making last-minute preparations for holiday lineages, or just working on some other breeding projects in between the major holidays.

I have 4 of the white ones now. I still need to get that red egg. What does it say the description of it? Same as the white or different? I don't think its at the desert. I was searching for awhile the other day and no luck with that one. Hopefully I get it soon. LOL        

I really wasn't expecting a release before winter holidays! Went to AP, grabbed some low-time eggs, was pretty happy with them but decided to get on CB egg from the cave and... TADAM! What is it? OMG it's a new release :) Happy now that I haven't missed it.

Happily got 4 red eggs 2 from each biome and 3 desert eggs, i can rest in peace now :)

must say i like both designs but i love the red eggs hatchlings designs their lovely 

These hatchlings look neat, I'm really curious to see how they'll grow up!

I managed to get 5 desert and 3 coast/jungle. Hopefully it won't be too hard to grab enough to have 8 of each before holiday breeding starts.