SpyroForLife

Lower Fertility Cooldown to One Week

Tried searching for this and I don't think it's been suggested so I figured I'd bring it up.

Suggestion's pretty simple. Change the cooldown for the Fertility BSA so it's only one week long, like Influence, instead of two weeks. Influence is a highly valuable BSA as it never fails, though it does of course have a restriction in that you can't use it on eggs under three days old. Otherwise, it's a guaranteed success. Yet despite how useful it is, it still only takes a week to become available again. So Fertility, which merely increases your chance of getting an egg but doesn't guarantee it, really has no reason to take two weeks to become available once more.

I'm of course open for discussion on why it has such a long time, and I suppose it's pretty short compared to say, Corporealize, but still, I think it'd be beneficial for Purples and Pinks to have the same cooldown time, as they both seem to get fairly equal use by players, though of course my experiences are anecdotal. I also wouldn't mind Incubate being lowered to the same time but it's especially useful so two weeks is probably fair for that, and that'd be another discussion anyway. Thoughts?

I'm not totally sure about the reasoning behind the Fertility cooldown, but I *think* it might be 'double the breeding cooldown' because of it's function. You can only breed a dragon once each week, but Fertility affects the outcome of that breeding (to a certain extent), using Fertility is kind of like a super-charged breeding, so it has double the cooldown of the normal breeding function. I'd support a shortened cooldown simply for convenience, though I don't use it much personally.

Fertility also has the benefit of reducing the chance of refusal with new pairings.  That's quite valuable and worth the wait.  Someone with more search skill could likely find the quote to document that.

1 hour ago, Dracaena said:

Fertility also has the benefit of reducing the chance of refusal with new pairings.  That's quite valuable and worth the wait.  Someone with more search skill could likely find the quote to document that.

Here you go.

Fertility Dragons that have had their fertility increased via the Purple Dragon's BSA have a significantly reduced chance of refusing another dragon. This only works for new pairings; existing pairs (successful or not) are unaffected by the new behavior.

Which makes it fair enough, for me.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Personally, I don't agree with this suggestion. You can always raise more Purples if you feel you need their BSA more often - it's not that long of a cooldown.

If anything needs to be changed, it's the wording in the help section of the cave.  It makes no mention of the reduced refusal chance for new pairs.

Fertility

Can be performed on: Breedable adults
Usage Limitations: Once per two weeks per dragon

Fertility allows you to increase the chance that a certain dragon will breed successfully. To use it, click the action, then select one of your dragons. The next time that selected dragon breeds (regardless of mate), its chance of producing an egg will be increased. If used on both dragons in a pairing, the effect will only be applied once, but both dragons will “use” their extra fertility.

Edited by Dracaena

On 11/20/2019 at 1:36 AM, HeatherMarie said:

I'd support a shortened cooldown simply for convenience, though I don't use it much personally.

These are my thoughts on this suggestion exactly. I don't mind if it stays as it is now, but I would not mind an adjusted cooldown either.

I have enough Purples, Pinks, Reds, and Magis that I never need to worry about cooldowns, but frankly I don't see a need to shorten them. The BSAs are worth enough in the game that I think there should be a significant "cost" for using them.