Ravenwood007

ANSWERED:Viewing Other Scrolls

Hello!

Is there a way to view another user’s scroll through the forum? Say I’m having a conversation with another user and would like to see their scroll. How would I go about doing that? Just going to their profile doesn’t seem to have any options, and the only way in the cave I know is by going into lineages and clicking parent dragons...

Thanks,

Emmy

There isn't. This is by design, since some people don't want others to be able to see their scrolls. For the same reason, some people have their DC settings to not link their dragons to their scrolls - you've probably seen that too.

The best you can do is to try typing the url manually using the forum name, in case the person uses the same on both: dragcave.net/user/[name]. You could even try a couple of variations like removing numbers (/user/Ravenwood instead of /user/Ravenwood007) or adding underscores or hyphens (/user/Elpunt_Thing instead of /user/ElpuntThing), but if that fails there's nothing you can do really. You could PM the person and ask?

If they don't have their scroll linked in either their signature or their profile and their scroll name is not the same as their forum name, then you really don't have many options. ElpuntThing has pretty much covered what you can try.

If you are having a conversation with another user - shock horror - you could ASK.... Just a thought.

Ok, thanks! I just figured since people have been able to see my scroll I figured there was a way I could see theirs. No worries! 

Emmy

If your scroll name is the same as your username, you can just go to dragcave.net/user/theirname to see if it exists. People probably just did that.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

On 11/10/2019 at 6:57 PM, Ravenwood007 said:

Hello!

Is there a way to view another user’s scroll through the forum? Say I’m having a conversation with another user and would like to see their scroll. How would I go about doing that? Just going to their profile doesn’t seem to have any options, and the only way in the cave I know is by going into lineages and clicking parent dragons...

Thanks,

Emmy

Hi Emmy! ^_^

A lot of us put a link to our scrolls in our signatures. Signatures don't usually show up by default on phones, though ... although they do on desktops and tablets usually. On my phone, I have the option to load the site in desktop mode, which will show signatures. 

I agree with what RubyEyes said; often people will check to see if a username matches a scroll name by going to dragcave.net/user/YourUserNameHere. I wish I had had the forethought when I joined to make my forum name the same as my scroll name. :P

I wish we could see signatures in mobile mode, as I do miss them (they often contain a lot of interesting stuff).  Just know if you are only accessing the site via phone that often, signatures are there. :)

Oh, I forgot that if you have your username showing up with your dragons (I personally like this option, so people can find me and my dragons more easily), then you could get to it that way. :) The option I am referring to is under dragcave.net then click at the top of page on Account/Account Settings/Display Username on Dragon Info page (a checkmark on this option will display it). It comes in handy for people to find you, and an easy way for you to find them. Some people hide their username or hide their scroll, so you will see that, also.  It does help you view someone's scroll, as if you click on one of their dragons (adult, egg, or hatchling) and it shows their username, you can just click on their username and it will take you to their scroll. :)

6 hours ago, missy_ said:

I wish I had had the forethought when I joined to make my forum name the same as my scroll name. :P

You can change your forum username now, once every 90 days.

Thanks, @Shadowdrake. :)  I knew that we could change our user name now, although I wasn’t sure how often, so thanks for clarifying. I mostly like my forum name, although I have long wished to remove the hyphen at the end of it.  The person who has the non-hyphenated version has posted very little, if at all.  I wish we could change our scroll names, but that’s a discussion for another part of the forum. :iraptor: