SaltySenpai

ANSWERED:Magikarp Badge Disabled?

So I've been playing off and on since 2012 and I'm sure I've clicked "Splash" on my shallow water dragon over a hundred times. I only have one since I didn't know multiples counted, but can you no longer obtain the Badge? It appears oddly worded on the wiki making it seem vague it it is or not.

I believe it still works. Just keep trying, I guess?

Also the wiki is not official in any way, and thus often has mistakes.  I'm not aware of any reason it wouldn't still work, I would assume you just haven't done enough splashes.   I only had two and wished Id kept track because it definitely felt like way more than 100.  Start counting now and see how high you actually get before getting a surprise!

Yes i's unofficial - but it isn't oddly worded:

After using Splash 100 times, users can earn a Magikarp badge on their scroll. The Splash usage count is cumulative across as many dragons a user has on their scroll that uses Splash each day.

and

Magikarp BadgeEdit

After around 100 uses of the action, the text following text is given instead of the usual message:

"What? <NAME> is evolving!"

"Congratulations! your <NAME> evolved into MAGIKARP BADGE!"

A Magikarp trophy is then added to the user's scroll. The user isn't required to use Splash every day for obtaining the badge, as the Splashes are cumulative. After receiving the badge, this BSA is still available but does nothing--another Magikarp trophy cannot be earned.

6 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes i's unofficial - but it isn't oddly worded:

and

Yes, it is oddly worded. Read the description on the Shallow Water Dragon page.

In the games, Power Points (or PP) are required in order to perform moves- because Shallow Waters only have 1 PP for Splash, they can only use it once a day. If the Splash page was refreshed, the action name was changed to "Struggle"- this is the name of the attack Pokemon perform when they have exhausted all their PP. This has since been removed from the site.

What was removed? See I find this oddly worded. I'm confused. I'm not trying to be rude just that I am having comprehension issues.

10 minutes ago, Keileon said:

The Struggle thing was removed.

OH

I feel so dumb right now. So the Struggle is gone. Not the badge. Understood. Thank you though.

I agree that that's confusingly worded, though. I mean, especially if you're not familiar with pokemon, it's really unclear which parts of the sentence are referring to dc mechanics and which are talking about the reference.

I am happy to reword it;. what would you like it to say ?

ETA OK I HAVE done - is this better for you ?

Shallow Waters have a Breed Specific Action called Splash that does not really do anything. This BSA is a joke in reference to the Pokémon Magikarp. In the games, Power Points (or PP) are required in order to perform moves- because Shallow Waters only have 1 PP for Splash, they can only use it once a day. If the Splash page was refreshed, the action name was changed to "Struggle"- this is the name of the attack Pokemon perform when they have exhausted all their PP. The "struggle" message has since been removed from the DC site. After using Splash 100 times, users can earn a Magikarp badge on their scroll. The Splash usage count is cumulative across as many dragons a user has on their scroll that uses Splash each day.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I am happy to reword it;. what would you like it to say ?

ETA OK I HAVE done - is this better for you ?

Thank you so much! I'm sorry I had a problem reading it but this description is much clearer. Thank you to everyone else for dealing with my stupidity. Sorry to have been a bother😅