wobster109

Per-scroll breeding limit

On 11/8/2019 at 7:43 PM, wobster109 said:

I’m sure this will get a lot of gut reaction “No”s, but hear me out. Read before deciding. We have a full AP of mostly blacktips and a few celestials because a single player bred hundreds or thousands of them. It’s not fair for any one player to have the ability to impact everyone for hours or days.

How about a per-scroll breeding limit that’s high enough it won’t affect projects or gifting? Something like 50 or 100 bred eggs per day. Halloween, winter holiday, and valentine eggs don’t count toward the limit. That’s high enough that if you’re keeping your eggs for lineages or to gift, you won’t come near the limit. Only people who mass breed/abandon would be affected.

This was bound to become an issue eventually with more players, older players having more dragons, and the same size of AP. I myself have over 3000 adults. That’s 1500 breeding pairs. I could singlehandedly produce 50 APs full of eggs right now, and that’s too disruptive to everyone.

My full support !

No way. Just because one person doesn't like someone else's play style is not a reason to spoil it for them.There are better options:

@MIGOR As Fuzz says we are discussing better options in that other thread. Have you checked it out, yet?

On 11/8/2019 at 7:54 PM, animatedrose said:

Everyone has their own play styles and none are wrong. The AP is a garbage heap. You don't go to the dump and expect to find golden statues. You could find one...but it's highly unlikely. But you might find some neat things, like a not-so-broken appliance or scrap wood that you need. A garbage heap doesn't care what you want. It contains what people throw into it. If you want a lot of pretty stuff in there, start chucking pretty stuff in there. Change starts with you.

This particular example has been repeated for years, but I have never seen a real life garbage heap that is full of things created specifically by one person to cover the pile so that others must first take their creations before they can search through anything else.

I don't go to the AP just for pretties, sometimes I want messies, sometimes I want common CBs, sometimes I want a nice lineage starter or a possible mate for something, so yes I enjoy looking for the interesting things, as do many others. A wall of nothing but messies, or 2g pb anything is not interesting to the majority, otherwise it wouldn't sit there until time runs down.I don't even agree that a huge wall of nothing but 'pretties' would find favor either. As far as low time, I don't really care about that, certainly not enough to suffer through hours or days of a wall because someone thinks it's fun (or funny) to breed their entire scroll to the AP just because they can.

I totally agree with tjekan on this point.

On 11/8/2019 at 7:08 PM, tjekan said:

But making it so no one else can play in a public space for days at a time just to avoid inconveniencing the ones who want to breed 500 eggs without a break isn't reasonable, and "just stay out of the AP if you don't want those eggs" isn't reasonable.

Since we're discussing a better (and better-received) alternative, I think it's time to close this thread. It won't lead to anything but maybe drama by now.

@mods?

I don't go to the AP anymore mainly due to the mass breeding. The only times I even pop on the page are on holidays to catch, hatch, then release. I used to enjoy poking through the AP and seeing what I could find (mainly collect CB). While the mass breeding doesn't affect my playing currently, it did ultimately change it. I don't see why you would need or want to breed more than 500 eggs a day, but to each their own. I support breeding limits. But if it never gets implemented I'm okay with it too, because I avoid the AP now.

On 11/30/2019 at 11:41 AM, olympe said:

Since we're discussing a better (and better-received) alternative, I think it's time to close this thread. It won't lead to anything but maybe drama by now.

@mods?

Popping back in to say, let’s keep this open for now. The “better” options seem to be splitting out the AP, and TJ himself expressed some concern there. If “better” means more people like it, those are still different and separate suggestions. Let’s keep this open for discussion as long as it’s still a possibility.

@wobster109 Actually, the one suggestion TJ was actually willing to give a go - and that got most people behind it (or so it felt - it definitely was a compromise of sorts) was limiting the number of eggs *shown* in the AP for each breeder. So, if you breed a gazillion eggs, only a limited number (something between 3 and 12) would ever be displayed in the AP at once. If one of them gets picked up, the next of your eggs gets displayed. And so on.

The only AP change that won't ruin the game for anyone and any playstyle but would fix anything that's actually broken, would be to somehow separate the holidays from non-holidays during their respective seasons. To stop non-holidays dying behind the holiday wall which I know they do - or at least were doing in 2018. Nothing else is broken about the AP except for holidays blocking non-holidays from getting picked up.

9 hours ago, olympe said:

@wobster109 Actually, the one suggestion TJ was actually willing to give a go - and that got most people behind it (or so it felt - it definitely was a compromise of sorts) was limiting the number of eggs *shown* in the AP for each breeder. So, if you breed a gazillion eggs, only a limited number (something between 3 and 12) would ever be displayed in the AP at once. If one of them gets picked up, the next of your eggs gets displayed. And so on.

This, very much. Limiting breeding is a no-no for me. That's as unfair to one player as a wall is to another.

No support. Ap is the trash ground. No one is entitled to nice things from the ap.

Tj already implemented changes such as limiting the amount of eggs shown per breeder and the line of non holiday eggs.

I do believe this thread is better off closed.