Sign in to follow this  
ElpuntThing

ANSWERED:adblock disabled, but no ads?

Hi! I just came back from another of my spontaneous hiatuses XD (I seem to have come back at halloween every year for a bit lol). Only I switched my main browser, because chrome just wasnt working out for me any more.

Thing is, now that I'm in firefox, I have all my privacy settings turned up pretty high, and I think it's stopping ads from loading on the site? Instead I'm getting these, even though my adblocker has DC whitelisted:

image.png.42dd5859fe0525043b00fccec0617f47.png

IIRC, DC uses google to serve ads, which would explain why firefox with all its privacy options doesn't like them - google can be pretty invasive and track-y. I do still want to support the site, but I'm not prepared to tone down my piracy settings if it's just gonna let google follow me around the internet again 😕 And subscription isn't really a good alternative for me, because as I said, I don't play DC year-round, only here and there for a few months at a time.

Any suggestions? Or is this perhaps a bug?

Have you tried fiddling with your Firefox settings to figure out what exactly might be blocking the ads? You don't necessarily have to make any permanent changes to privacy settings, but if you were able to narrow down what is actually causing this then we may be able to find a solution.

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Have you tried fiddling with your Firefox settings to figure out what exactly might be blocking the ads? You don't necessarily have to make any permanent changes to privacy settings, but if you were able to narrow down what is actually causing this then we may be able to find a solution.

Good thinking! Yes, it's definitely firefox, because just switching the big main privacy option from "strict" to "standard" brought back the ads straight away! I couldn't tell you what specifically is the difference between those two though.