YukiHijikata

ANSWERED:How long do eggs need to hatch?

Hi there,

So I was wondering how long it takes for some eggs to hatch. I have a witchlight dragon egg, which only has 18 hours left to hatch before it dies. I have a feeling that it will take longer than that to hatch, and it might die, but I just wanted to check.

Thanks!

Edited by YukiHijikata

Depends how fast it gets views! An egg that low-timed can easily hatch within an hour or two if it gets enough stats. Hatcheries are extra-busy right now because of all the Halloween dragons, though, so you may need to use a few different hatcheries. (Are you using hatcheries? Dragons normally aren't going to get the stats needed to grow just by having them in your signature.)

I haven't put my dragons in a hatchery yet. How can I do that?

Edit: I managed to get into one hatchery that I got recommended to by someone else, but I would appreciate it if you did have a couple more that you could give me. (sorry that it not worded the best.) It definitely worked to hatch the egg though. already hatched! Thanks for your help!

Edited by YukiHijikata

You'll find lots of hatcheries here in Fan Sites; personally I use Allure of Neglected Dragons the most. Enter your username and select the eggs you want to have hatched (which is probably all of them right now).

For the future, don't enter eggs into too many hatcheries or add them too early (when they have 5+ days left) or they will get sick.

You might also want to get a mentor who can help you with questions.

Finally, unless there was a rule change I missed, you aren't allowed to post your growing dragons in your signature or your posts on this forum. So you'll probably want to remove those. :)

That is ironically the hatchery I used. :) 

Is it the same thing for entering hatchlings before they are less then 5 days old? I will have to try and get a mentor though, that way I can ask them if I have a question.

Thanks for letting me know about the signature. I will remove them. :) Is it with all of the hatchlings as well as eggs?

Edited by YukiHijikata

Hatchlings are usually tougher than eggs and don't get sick as easily. I usually just leave them in the hatcheries and keep an eye on them for the first few hours after they hatch. Mostly the only ones that get sick are ones that I have had in several ERs to get them to hatch. So if you only had yours in the one ER it is probably fine.

Okay, thanks for letting me know! I do have it in only one hatchery, so it should be fine then. I am reaching out to try and get a mentor from now on, so I don't constantly post stuff on here. :) 

9 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

Finally, unless there was a rule change I missed, you aren't allowed to post your growing dragons in your signature or your posts on this forum. So you'll probably want to remove those. :)

Actually there was, and it is perfectly acceptable to post dragons in your signature now.

2 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Actually there was, and it is perfectly acceptable to post dragons in your signature now.

Wow, I totally missed that thread! Looking at the date, I was really busy with IRL stuff when it was posted. Oops! Good to know!

5 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

That said, it's still "illegal" to post them in the body of your post, unless I'm misunderstanding the new rules. (since this is help, not forum games)

Thanks for all of information. I didn't know that it was "illegal" to post dragons(and eggs I assume) in the main body of the post, other than in the forum game topics for that, so I removed the pic of the egg (now a hatchling) from my original post. 

Thanks again!