HeatherMarie

Super-bad lag?

Definitely not as bad as Halloween-time, but still more lag than what I'd called 'normal'... It's less often, but on biomes I'm still having issues where I refresh and it takes a good 5 seconds or so before it even begins to refresh, kind of like there is a delay in the page 'recognizing' that I've refreshed.

yea thats one of my main issues, it even looks like its loading a different version of the page then flips to the current one, the backgrounds the same but the option bars are different color different size and different font, and you can actually see the whole background before the foreground page pops on. This is why i think its something other than traffic, because traffic to the site is way down but the issues still persist, but without the stress from the traffic, is seems to not be too bad in comparison, but its no where near normal operation.

Yeah, I've been having trouble with lag lately too, pages take way longer than usual to load. 

I have been experiencing lag. Like others have mentioned, just not being able to get to the five-minute drops or the hourly drop without hitting enough lag that by the time I get there, the “good” eggs are gone.

I am not running any ad blockers. So I have been experimenting with various browsers, to see if I can find one browser that is faster, but all of them have the same effect. 

Well we all seem to be in agreement, has anyone even said anything to TJ? I don't take it for granted that he's seen this thread. If he's been told, does anyone know what he's said about it? Should we all just wait, its a work in progress or are we few just sol? lol, we seem to be agreeing in circles. Just let us know he knows and we'll stop complaining, lol.

Yesss me too!

but I've had pretty large lag since the gorgeous biome header pictures were introduced, so wasn't sure what's what.

Really horrible lag right now, goodness. Even worse than before. Took a full 20 seconds to load the main page (going from the BSA-filter page). Seems to be affecting hatcheries too, Valley Sherwood seems to be having some difficulty loading images. All other websites are totally fine so it's definitely DC.

Why am I seemingly the only one not affected by this...? It makes me wonder if it's a particular area or browser issue, because on Safari in the UK I'm absolutely fine. Biomes load in under a second and the AP refreshes instantly (although there's a hefty wall so I doubt it'd have much to refresh anyway)

Naming and abandoning are taking way too long also for me. Surprisingly, pages where you have to load a lot of dragons, like breeding, are not as slow as I would have expected although there is lag all across the site.

Edited by purplehaze

Yeah, strangely I find I have the most lag when trying to use Actions - abandoning, naming, BSA stuff.

That's the only time I seem to be getting it. And it's patchy. Some of the some it's fine, other times - notsa fine.

Its starting to almost sounds like a server issue, either something starting to wear out or an intrusion of somekind.

@TJ09 just in case no ones told you about this,I'm sure you know already, but...

Edited by borntobefree

Actions are taking their sweet time being updated. I bred some things yesterday and didn't feel like waiting for the lag to resolve; the actions went through eventually, but it took a while and they didn't all resolve at once, only one or two at a time disappearing from the "available to breed" list as I refreshed.

Still ridiculous lag, so so so frustrating. At this moment I'm trying to refresh my main scroll page (/dragons) and it's literally not refreshing at all, it's been over a minute now and nothing. The 'loading' twirly-thing on the browser tab is going, but the page is just not refreshing. I have multiple hatcheries up right now and every one is having trouble refreshing as well. Why is DC being like this??

How many of us are running on linux systems how many on apples how many on windows.....

If you still have issues, doesn't matter how long or if its shotty, just shout out with your operating system, and if its a pc/laptop or phone.

People take screen shots of everything really important for you, I've a feeling another data monster is coming.

1 hour ago, borntobefree said:

How many of us are running on linux systems how many on apples how many on windows.....

If you still have issues, doesn't matter how long or if its shotty, just shout out with your operating system, and if its a pc/laptop or phone.

People take screen shots of everything really important for you, I've a feeling another data monster is coming.

My family's PC is Apple and we use Safari with no lag. Our mobile device is a Samsung and uses Chrome and still no lag on that. Not sure if this helps.

The lag seems gone for me today. I have named, sorted, abandoned and caught with no problem. However, since it was not an all-the-time thing anyway it is hard to say it won't return.

I am using Firefox on Windows 10 on a usually very fast laptop.

Working much better for me right now too. Hopefully it's gone!

I use Firefox 70.0.1 (64-bit) on a gaming desktop with Windows 10 Pro.

Seems to be working alright at the moment, fingers crossed.... 

I'm on Windows 8 using most recent version of Chrome.

still glitched a bit on Monday, but lag time was gone, Tuesday even the glitches were a bit faster, and today Wednesday, the glitches were gone from biomes and ap. The last holdouts i guess, so crossing my fingers its done, last about a month total, from around the 15th of last month to 18th of this month. I wonder what was fixed, or was it something that just needed cycling through, like certificates or such, although the graphics being affect makes me think otherwise.

Anyone still having glitches and lags? Or is it all good now for you as well.

The lag comes and goes for me. As soon as I think it's fine, it comes back. I'm on a laptop with Windows 10 using Chrome. 

Haven't had any issues since the last post-Halloween ERs were gone from the AP.

Using laptop with Win7 and work PC with Win10, both Waterfox most current version.

I am happy to say that I have been lag-free  recently. ^_^

In order to support the site, I view all of the ads. It doesn’t slow me down. 

If anything changes, I will report back. All is well! :nyan:

Bad lag again right now, it'll be okay for a few minutes and then take nearly a full minute to refresh. The hatcheries are struggling right now, Valley Sherwood is barely loading at all. Right now I'm attempting to refresh my /dragons page and it's literally been loading for over two minutes.