Fuzzbucket

Prevent picking up same lineages in the AP

When you try to pick up the same egg you just re-abandoned in teh AP, you get the no can do message ,for a while at least.

is there any way this can also happen for eggs of the identical lineage during holiday season ? I have hit the same lineage so many times this morning.... I'm almost ready to give up on the AP till it's all over - but there are lines i would love to find....

Possible issue: cases where you find a lineage you love in the post-holiday wall, under 3 days, but it precogs wrong. This happened to me today and I was so glad to be able to pick up a sibling for another chance at the gender, which I was luckier with. Also, what would be the behaviour if you kept the first sibling? I'm sure there's folks out there that love to keep twins.

I avoid both repeat grabs and sibling grabs by checking codes, though of course that's no good if you struggle with reading or memory or if you're on mobile. I'm not super invested either way though.

9 minutes ago, FiveSix said:

Possible issue: cases where you find a lineage you love in the post-holiday wall, under 3 days, but it precogs wrong. This happened to me today and I was so glad to be able to pick up a sibling for another chance at the gender, which I was luckier with. Also, what would be the behaviour if you kept the first sibling? I'm sure there's folks out there that love to keep twins.

This. I found a beauty that was just what I was looking for as a mate for one of my kins. It precog'd wrong so I abandoned it, but grabbed a sibling. Sadly that one was the wrong gender as well, but I was glad to have the chance to check it out.

I feel your pain, Fuzz, because I have been dealing with the same thing, but I don't think this is a good solution. One way I get around it is to take a break when I am finding a lot of stuff I can't use. Right now there is a breeder who has spammed the AP with a lot of messy lineages. Since that isn't what I'm looking for I have just stepped away for awhile. Of course I might miss some good stuff that way, but it saves me a lot of frustration.

Edited by purplehaze

VERY good point. I haven't had that luck; I've picked up a shedload which precogged wrong as well !

And yes - I agree; I am avoiding it for a few hours too ! why do people do that...

Edited by Fuzzbucket