Dalek Raptor

Make Halloween Last Longer

Two days - OK. Three - not OK, given that that would mean people could amass two full batchedsof 8.

Another supporting a 1.5-2 day drop. Not more, but it's terrible that many players were really trying and still didn't get to load up. 

(I don't think the timezone complaint works, personally. I work nights of weekends and can only access releases 9 hours after they start, and I still usually manage.  But we either need a longer release period, or to completely flood the biomes with each drop.)

I would wholeheartedly support a three day drop for ALL event eggs. I was pretty sure that there would be three days for this as well, but was mistaken. There was intense lag noted this side as well.

I'd like the consistency three days would give, but I doubt it will happen for the "two batches" reason; even two days would be much better, though.

I definitely think drops should last for 2 days at the very least, or vastly increase the number of eggs dropping. I had a lot of issues with lag but I didn't realize it was more of a site thing; I was blaming myself since I was using mobile on a hotspot because of unlucky timing.

Since CB Halloweens are now essentially unlimited thanks to the Halloween biome I don't really see an issue with a 3 day drop either. If Halloween is supposed to be all about "greed" and "getting all the candy for yourself" I feel like a three day drop fits that.

I'd support the 2 days drop or only one day with more egg drops. Lag killed me, it took me forever to get a batch but at that moment I thought it was my connection. 

Btw, right now we have the halloween biome that allows us to get any halloween cb from past years without limit, so what if the drop lasts 3 days and people get as many as they can? It's not like there won't be cb of that dragon the next year. The restriction made sense before, when there wasn't a halloween biome and the cb could only be obtained the year of the release, that way the cbs were very, very exclusive. But now we can have more that one batch of cbs if we hunt for them the next years.

Another possibility is to put an egg limit the year of the release, that limit would be the user's egg limit (trophy's egg limit) and then lift it the next year. That way we could have a 3 day drop without the risk of people getting 2 batches.

Edited by Yennefer

On 11/1/2019 at 1:39 PM, Fiona said:

I can sympathize with people who struggled with the lag during the release, but I don't support this. Christmas and Valentines drops are very different things from the Halloween drop. Our Halloween drop is all about greed and stuffing your scroll with as many goodies and you can get. It's about the hustle and the bustle and trying to get everything you've planned into the short time we have. Just like in the real world, you trick or treat on the one day to get everything you can manage. Christmas and Valentines are very different celebrations, with a more relaxed pace, with time to spend with families or significant others, while still getting to have some fun here on DC. Halloween dragons have no limit. Christmas and Valentines dragons are limited to two to better fit the atmosphere of the event.

Two days of Halloween drops would not be too difficult a change, since no one could get a second scroll full of eggs, but still, you only trick or treat on the one day in reality. The point of having only one day is that you can only get one scroll-full of eggs from the cave.

/Snort.  Where I live the various communities all have different days during the week so most kids go out 2 or  3 days, if not more, and it's consistently done this way every year, for this reason.  Weather was too cold/or it rained the first day...go somewhere else tomorrow and maybe have better luck.  Now explain why Valentines get three days using this logic? How many people celebrate any day other than the 14th?

I keep seeing the Marrows get brought up, please explain how this was easier than the Marrows? the Marrows were back during the single cave which is why we had a second line added.  The only reason it might have been easier is we had 15 slots to choose from instead of 6 (five biomes with 3 spots) which is certainly why TJ didn't think he needed a second line, but it also didn't help all that much.  I can't remember the last time I saw so many people report having this kind of trouble.  every year some people are going to miss out, usually due to forgetting until it's too late, but an awful lot of people reported trying for hours without sucess.  That is not a good thing, and the lag WAS really bad, and it never got better, as is the normal pattern as people fill up.

33 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

I can't remember the last time I saw so many people report having this kind of trouble.  every year some people are going to miss out, usually due to forgetting until it's too late, but an awful lot of people reported trying for hours without sucess.  That is not a good thing, and the lag WAS really bad, and it never got better, as is the normal pattern as people fill up.

This. Usually the lag and the quick poofing of the eggs goes away after a few hours -- the reason I usually wait until the morning after to hunt. This year things just never improved much, if at all. I did manage to catch my fill, but it took a long time. It shouldn't require stalking the cave all day to get your quota of a limited-release holiday dragon. That only leads to frustration for those who can't put in that kind of time.

I still think the  best solution is flooding the cave with eggs! Even three days of drops would hardly have helped the way the eggs dropped this year!

I managed to get six of the new Halloween dragons, but only because I A ) work part time and B ) got up in the middle of the night to grab some of them. There have been past years where the lag was this bad and I got ZERO of the Halloween eggs. And yes, for me the lag was purely horrible. If I'd been limited to trying only during the day because of my job, I wouldn't have been this lucky. I support increasing the drop time for the Halloween eggs. I really do.

Halloween can be a busy time for many. Making costumes, baking, planning parties, attending functions, tending to trick or treaters, and more. I can see why some might like that drop to last longer.

This holiday was the worst I've ever seen when it comes to lagging.  I eventually caught six eggs and gave up on getting the last two.  I wouldn't  mind having an extended dropping time, but I would really like to see more eggs dropping at a time. This year, when I missed the first egg to drop, it was over before I was able to have a chance at another.

On 11/2/2019 at 5:47 AM, Guillotine said:

I'd like the consistency three days would give, but I doubt it will happen for the "two batches" reason; even two days would be much better, though.

Be careful what you ask for. Wouldn't be the first time TJ goes with the letter of an argument to give us the opposite of what we want. And, for consistency's sake, he just might make all drops last 1 day instead of 3...

Honestly, I would support a longer drop OR flooding the cave with more CB's. 

In the Southern Hemisphere, the time around halloween usually means exams... Hence why I've missed so many previous releases, as I was doing exams (or study) and unable to go on DC for less than 24 hours to catch my fill, along with thousand of Bob's, Mary's and Sam's also trying exactly the same thing. Its ridiculous, and really hard to do well! Just the chance of getting my fill of eggs - by flooding or longer drop - will allow people in the southern hemisphere a chance to fill up their baskets.

While I get the userbase is mostly from the Northern Hemisphere, longer drops/flooding cave allows everyone a chance - Northern or Southern Hemisphere. 

14 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I still think the  best solution is flooding the cave with eggs! Even three days of drops would hardly have helped the way the eggs dropped this year!

Agreed.  Releasing so few eggs makes absolutely no sense at all.  What's the point of it, really?  The eggs are only available for 24 hours--that's limit enough.  It's not like people can rush to hatch them and get 8 more.  Folks are limited to their egg slot total.  Why not let them fill those slots?

I dislike the idea that because the lag was bad for a few previous Halloweens, that somehow makes it a tradition that new players should have to suffer through, too.

The 3-day holiday drops are meant to let folks participate around real-life obligations and celebrations, and I think Halloween should have similar leeway built in. I also think there should be no limit except the user's scroll limit, even if it means folks can catch, hatch and catch again.

On 11/2/2019 at 12:56 AM, Wends said:

See, I wouldn't go for a full 48 for the 'big hole/earthquake' possibilities. Max I'd go to is 36 hours.

The 1 day for Halloween makes sense - as was mentioned earlier, it's all about greed, avarice and getting as much as you can in a short amount of time. The other holidays are about fluffy feelings and prolonged enjoyment, and people have family get-togethers on Christmas and possibly dates on Valentine's, therefore more than one day is handy to accommodate that.

While I do like the philosophy of the 24 hour drop, I could support up up to a day and a half for lag easement.

But consider that there are people playing for all over the world and different time zones. Have a 36 hours drop mean that some time zones would have drop in 2 days (day-night-day) and other zones on just one day (night-day-night). Pretty unfair. To make it fair there should be a full 48 hours drop. Or stay with the 24 hours one, at least this way everyone have the same problems at catching the eggs.

Personally I'd support a 48 hours drop, especially compared with Christmas and Valentine.

It would help immensely if drops were just continuous and not most of the time non-existent. Come in, grab eggs, rush off to do real-life things.

31 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It would help immensely if drops were just continuous and not most of the time non-existent. Come in, grab eggs, rush off to do real-life things.

Yep.  Three days of no eggs and super lag isn't really any better than one day of it, and once you have your eggs, there's nothing else to do because all that's dropping is the halloween eggs.

I'd say make every holiday drop last 2 days - hHlloween, Christmas and Valentines :L    1 day is not enough if troubles occur and 3 days is too long especially for the limit of 2 eggs per scroll ones.

Don't cut Christmas, at least - that is when loads of people DO have a LOT of family stuff to deal with - not least travel...

I think I support continuous drops with no breaks for holidays above all, but I would not mind a two-day drop.

Although, honestly, people also now have the yearly CB holiday biome to look forward to and that drops for a week. There is always next year to get your CB dragons that you missed if you don't want to trade/rely on the generosity of others/AP hunt. 

I'd be in favor of a 3-day drop, partly because I don't think the double batches are a huge issue. If they are though, then simply place a restriction on incubating CBs from the first day of their drop. Halloweens that grow up during the event already have a breeding restriction. No big deal.

I think two days is a good idea. Halloween day itself can be really busy for some people, or perhaps keep them out of town for the night etc. 2 days still only allows one batch, and might give the site a bit of a reprieve from the lag from so many people going "omgonlytodaygogogogo"

On 11/1/2019 at 9:32 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't entirely. The difference is that we can have ANY NUMBER of CBs at Hallowe'en..

the lag wasn't bad ALl day - but anyone who was here for the marrows didn't find it that awful. now THAT year we ended up with three lines in the biomes to help everyone get some... adn I was still on dialup. That was REALLY painful.

Count your blessings. I have rural internet and I had so many issues getting eggs this Halloween because of the lag, even when I switched to using data the lag was so bad that by the time the page refreshed everything was gone, if the page even managed to load. There are other people in my situation, and I was incredibly fortunate to get eggs with everything stacked against me.

As I mentioned in another thread, Halloween drops should be made longer to match Christmas and Valentines. People work on Halloween, people have school, people go to parties, parents take their kids trick-or-treating, it’s a busy day! A lot of people would benefit from the longer drop. Even making it three days would prevent double batches, right? And it allows busy people, or people with bad internet, a chance to actually have a chance at collecting.