sebbbbbbbbbb

ANSWERED:4 eggs died suddenly (on behalf of a friend with no forum account)

like it says in the title, this is on behalf of a friend of mine who has no forum account.

my friend had 4 eggs which all died suddenly for seemingly no reason. their pages claim they died of sickness, but she had had them hidden for a while before they died (as they were sick) and they had only been sick for a couple of hours or so before she hid them. is this a normal occurence? what could have caused this? or is it a glitch? we're both very much newbies to dc so i'm sorry if this is an obvious question, she's just quite upset because she suddenly has 4 dead eggs on her hands :)

Eggs can still die from sickness while fogged.  How soon did she post them? to how many places?   Never put eggs anywhere until you've had them for at least 24 hours, and especially during a holiday only post in a few places and watch them as all the sites get A LOT more traffic during events. 

The good news is, Halloween unlike Christmas/Valentine eggs have no limit so they can be replaced.  (Cb's of the other two have a limit of 2 per scroll and the dead ones will count meaning you have to wait till next year)

ahh, okay, tysm. she usually posts to 3 sites right after she gets them (as do i, didnt know that was a thing u werent supposed to do lol!) and she isnt online on dc super often so she cant keep an eye too closely on them - it makes sense. ty again for the answer :)

She should get herself some White Dragons, to ward eggs in case of sickness (protects for 6 hours from dying) in addition to fogging.

For the Future: One site is usually enough to have the eggs hatch, i wait around 18-24 hours before i post them anywhere and never had any problems. Once on the site, you can pretty much forget about them.

With Holiday eggs you can wait longer, the kinda "build resistance" the older they are until you post them somewhere, atleast its what i feel like.

Holiday weeks are usually busier because everyone is more active - trying to get as much done as possible within that week and the few days after. That's why fansites gain more stats during that time.