purpledragonclaw

Halloween Event Issues on Mobile Devices

Multiple people have reported that the Halloween event is not working properly on mobile devices, so I'm making this thread so they can be centralized and discussed here. I don't want those issues being buried in the event thread. 

Please list any mobile issues you see in the Halloween strategy game below.

The game doesn’t work for me on mobile (iPad), however, if I click and hold down the reload button it give the option to “Request Desktop Site” and that works me.

I am guessing Android has a similar option?

edit: by not working on mobile, I mean the checkmark pops up but does nothing when I click it. I can’t place anything on the mobile site. By doing the above “Request Desktop Site”, I can place towers and move them around.

Edited by Pliskin

Just for record keeping on which platforms work and don't work, the mobile game works for me. I use an LG Stylo 2 Plus running Android 7.0.

Quotes where people had issues with the game:

On 10/25/2019 at 9:03 AM, zheyrryhn said:

Yet again the event does not work for me. I'm on a Mac running OSX 10.9.5.

On 10/25/2019 at 9:06 AM, Niyaka said:

Does not work on mobile yet either. 

On 10/25/2019 at 9:59 AM, tsubasafan said:

Been reading tricks to get the game to work on mobile and nothing. I can place one dragon, but I don’t think the game is reading it. My capacity is still 0/10

On 10/25/2019 at 8:47 PM, Jett said:

So have we got another game that doesn’t work for people on tablets or mobile like last year?

On 10/25/2019 at 9:15 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

Well, not working like that on my droid. Half the time when I click the check mark, the dragon appears behind it and I have to place it again and it won't let me select another till that stops happening over and over.

On 10/25/2019 at 9:23 PM, Lagie said:

I find that, too. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - but... it seems to be related to the popping up of the next treat. If I navigate away and collect the treat, the game then seems to perform better.

Thank you to whichever mod pinned that post about each dragon's abilities! :D

On 10/25/2019 at 10:09 PM, Pliskin said:

Congrats! That was the first treat I got!

I cannot get the game to work on mobile either, but, on an iPad I can click and hold the refresh button, it will say “Request Desktop Site”. The game then works fine and I can place the towers around.

Android may have a similar option? 

22 hours ago, tsubasafan said:

Still not able to play 😕 this is as far as I can get on mobile

9FAF1885-0B55-4A8D-BA14-56067577B258.png

22 hours ago, tsubasafan said:

Can’t even move them on mobile, when I click the dragon they just pop in to that spot.

3 hours ago, tsubasafan said:

Still nothing on mobile works. Can’t move any dragons on a board they just auto set wherever. Capacity stays at 0/10 can only click on either red or green dragon.

super disappointed 

2 hours ago, Draconiusultamius said:

The event really doesn't work for mobile.  You can't actually place dragons or move them.  Luckily, I have access to my laptop as well, so I can do the event there.

5124088B-AEDA-412B-8056-BB127C9D9A4D.png

41 minutes ago, blackmagicrose said:

I haven’t been able to play the zombie game but I’m using an iPad. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. 

Another update on mine... if I'm too far down the screen and I click a dragon to select it, I then cannot scroll back up to reach the checkmark to place it.

So far, it's okay because I haven't gone all the way down the dragon forts (just got aeon and soulpeace), but it will be an issue later (if I get that far!).

works for my cousin on a Xiaomi on Android Pie in Chrome, but he complains that the buttons are way too small and very difficult to hit. Please make them bigger in this or at least the future events.

Works good on Firefox (PC) to me.

Boyfriend complains at Chrome PC (impossible to target a desired tile - coursor doesn't highlight the tile it's hovering at but a tile a few slots further, at least one of the tiles never highlights)

Edited by VixenDra

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

The game doesn’t work for me on mobile (iPad), however, if I click and hold down the reload button it give the option to “Request Desktop Site” and that works me.

I am guessing Android has a similar option?

edit: by not working on mobile, I mean the checkmark pops up but does nothing when I click it. I can’t place anything on the mobile site. By doing the above “Request Desktop Site”, I can place towers and move them around.

Android does have that option. I actually always select desktop as I prefer the look itf it. It did not help AT ALL. I am now on my laptop and the difference is just out of this world.

Galaxy 10 and the game works but I have to select the dragon, place it then turn the phone to landscape to hit the checkmark and then turn it back to get the next dragon.  and sometimes it instead tries to place the dragon on the checkmark (off the board) so I have to put it back first.

I'm missing the new back and foward log buttons even after clearing my cache. I use an LG Stylo 2 Plus running Google Chrome.

I must be lucky as I'm thoroughly enjoying Dragon Cave Tower Defense- although I agree that the buttons are kind of tiny

On 10/27/2019 at 9:22 PM, Pliskin said:

Oh, Pliskin, that seems to work for me as well! Thank you tons for sharing your solution with us!

I have been trying to get the game to work on my iPhone SE with Safari browser all week to no avail. None of the buttons have been clickable.

I tried playing on IPhone and it.... didn't work at all, none of the buttons worked. Which is a huge bummer because I couldn't get on desktop to get the badge for it. Well... here's hoping for next year, I guess.