TJ09

2019-10-25 - Halloween Event

21 minutes ago, Aqub said:

Hey everyone! This is my contribution to the trick or treat event: 

1473432462_GRGIFDCNEWSHADED6.gif.8969d7059ea89f77715dcd274fa13707.gif Spinel's Gem Rejuvenator from the Steven Universe movie. :D

I've seen a few people say they like it; thank you! ^_^

THANK YOU FOR EXISTING AND YOUR WORK!

4 hours ago, Kiwiana said:

My last went to 252 rounds with this (borrowed) setup:

set-up-28-29-10-19.jpg.f1852e57c636d794b76098a8a515280a.jpg

It was my best so far, but now I want something that lasts over 300 rounds XD

Yay!!  Haha, that was one of mine -- so glad it served!  Took me to 265.  The mid-200s seems to be its breaking point, then.  Just out of curiosity, how did the zombies finally get through on yours?  For me, it was a central Green, then the White behind it, and I was done for. 

Broke my record with the current setup...hoping to break 300, too!

20191029_214317.jpg.3e636d347fcfe3f8e0214809be3ac129.jpg

That darling Soulpeace just blasted 13 zombies!

14 minutes ago, olympe said:

I have no links on Firefox, Chrome, AVG Secure Browser and Internet Explorer. I have them on mobile, though, so there's that.

I dont have them on mobile. I use Chrome...

445229122_ScreenShot2019-10-29at5_13_04PM.thumb.png.277404349b7a390fa0c0d43fee41b067.png

I tend to set myself up and then come back hours later to check my progress and this is the first time I've gotten to watch myself be defeated! Hoping this gets me to 50 so I can bring out the big guns.

3 minutes ago, Unearthly said:

I tend to set myself up and then come back hours later to check my progress and this is the first time I've gotten to watch myself be defeated! Hoping this gets me to 50 so I can bring out the big guns.

You could try XP farming with lots of Shallow Waters - like this:

On 10/27/2019 at 11:16 PM, Reykur said:

halloween19.png

Instead of the Whites, use more Greens to keep your Shallows safe. If you have enough points, you can also put shallows left and right of your tower because the zombies will attack the tower rather than some harmless Shallow Water.

Hey so I'm just wondering, how's it gonna work when the new egg drops? Will it still be possible to catch the other Halloween eggs when the new one has dropped, or will it be impossible?

Ou! I'm super proud of my set up! Set that up after I got off work last night and check it a bit ago and see its still going strong! Not a single dragon lost yet. :D

Screenshot (291).png

Edited by Syiren

1 minute ago, Yasudaa said:

Hey so I'm just wondering, how's it gonna work when the new egg drops? Will it still be possible to catch the other Halloween eggs when the new one has dropped, or will it be impossible?

According to the first post, we'll be able to catch old Halloweens until November 1st (meaning the moment October turns into November), so you can catch both old Halloweens in the Halloween biome and new Halloweens in all other biomes on the 31st.

image.png.d5edaf0791817dcead7d495300a51189.png

They're still going strong :) 

3 minutes ago, olympe said:

You could try XP farming with lots of Shallow Waters - like this:

Instead of the Whites, use more Greens to keep your Shallows safe. If you have enough points, you can also put shallows left and right of your tower because the zombies will attack the tower rather than some harmless Shallow Water.

I thought the Shallow Water exp. bonus was only granted once! Whoops haha. Thanks for the info!

I just hit 50 though! I've only been doing it since Sunday, but I've enjoyed trying new strategies every time I unlock new dragons. This is the first Halloween event I've had so much fun with since my very first one, back in 2012.

What the Eff? Starting in round 600 or 601, zombies can attack the very round they emerge! :huh: In round 600, I had 1 lone zombie on my board - it was on the second-to-last row, way in the back. In round 601, I got 3 attacks in. Ouch!

ETA: In round 602, my first magma has fallen.

ETA again: This baffling emerge-attack-behavior seems to go back to normal a couple of rounds later for some weird reason.

Edited by olympe

The end is near. The great magma wall is starting to crumble.

Only the great GoN, master of all four three elements can stop them.

1602536201_Screenshot_20191029-1749102.thumb.png.03a0aaea1ec090621cd020b7c0e667ad.png

10 minutes ago, olympe said:

What the Eff? Starting in round 600 or 601, zombies can attack the very round they emerge! :huh: In round 600, I had 1 lone zombie on my board - it was on the second-to-last row, way in the back. In round 601, I got 3 attacks in. Ouch!

ETA: In round 602, my first magma has fallen.

Oh, no!!!  Maybe this is when that Aeon is supposed to be useful...if it ever does much?

Welp, all my vamps are dead. The hoard surrounds us. All Ive got is my vines to protect me, my live offerings (aka whites and purples) and my one Ice who may or may not summon GoN.

Welp. The end is nigh.

923025336_Capture_2019-10-29-18-17-01.png.016d5572d6a28b0300ebb5cce502dddb.png

I should have gone for the soulpeace at the center.

Edited by Shokomon
More zombs

1 hour ago, Aqub said:

Hey everyone! This is my contribution to the trick or treat event: 

1473432462_GRGIFDCNEWSHADED6.gif.8969d7059ea89f77715dcd274fa13707.gif Spinel's Gem Rejuvenator from the Steven Universe movie. :D

I've seen a few people say they like it; thank you! ^_^

Look awesome! :D mayby in next year make something with cat? ^^ i love cats

I finally reached Round 100!! Now it's 101, but that's besides the point. Thank you @ptps for coming up with the strategy, I hope you don't mind me using it. I haven't lost a single dragon, and the whites and purples are sustaining each other and the magmas quite nicely. Poor red hasn't been able to do anything yet, and even without the GoN, I've been cruising along happily. I can't wait for things to get a little spicier.

image.png.710112f8e21f1f07003bafbf76558647.png

44 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Yay! My first set of Halloweens starts growing up in 7 hours! I'm glad I can make room.

I KNOW THE FEELING!

No more scroll-locked for me!!  *dances*

You see... the key to getting through a lot of rounds is just simply having a wall of magmas, they are pretty useful after all.

Round 311 and going strong! The Soulpeace hasn't done much in this setup, but I still like having it there just in case.

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 12.17.57 pm.png

Furthest I've come until now. The wall of magmas does seem like a simple, but effective strategy...

Halloween19-300.JPG

Spoiler

e8838949547bba6a71423b1047d57098.png

Round 700 and we appear to have achieved steady state! Lost the two greens at the very edges just after round 100, but have had no losses since. I haven't seen the soulpeace trigger, but it's got a long cooldown and I'm not keeping a close eye so I may have missed it. GoN has been doing some work though, seems like every other time I look at the board it's taking (undead) names. It's going to take some lucky spawns on the zombie side to break this line...