TJ09

2019-10-25 - Halloween Event

So have we got another game that doesn’t work for people on tablets or mobile like last year?

I don't have an issue with the game on mobile (Droid). You have to click the dragon then put it where you want in landscape then tilt phone vertical and click the little checkmark. Rinse and repeat. It takes longer but I set up my board twice like that today with no issue. 

Also they can be moved after being placed, just click the dragon and tiny dots will appear above it to move or remove the piece. I didn't notice that at first. XD

I have been checking carefully every five minutes this hour and never see this message about the delayed charm damage being dealt, but the number of zombies on the board does go down, so perhaps it is happening and it is just not being logged correctly.

I seem to be in a holding pattern. A full wall of greens and a wall of half whites and half pinks behind it heals as much damage as the zombies deal. I suppose the game must eventually increase the danger level of the zombies to get them to overrun me anyway, or can it go on like this indefinitely?

Edited by tjekan

15 minutes ago, Chaosdawn said:

I don't have an issue with the game on mobile (Droid). You have to click the dragon then put it where you want in landscape then tilt phone vertical and click the little checkmark. Rinse and repeat. It takes longer but I set up my board twice like that today with no issue. 

Also they can be moved after being placed, just click the dragon and tiny dots will appear above it to move or remove the piece. I didn't notice that at first. XD

Well, not working like that on my droid. Half the time when I click the check mark, the dragon appears behind it and I have to place it again and it won't let me select another till that stops happening over and over.

6 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Well, not working like that on my droid. Half the time when I click the check mark, the dragon appears behind it and I have to place it again and it won't let me select another till that stops happening over and over.

I find that, too. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - but... it seems to be related to the popping up of the next treat. If I navigate away and collect the treat, the game then seems to perform better.

Thank you to whichever mod pinned that post about each dragon's abilities! :D

Haha, finally lost at turn 159! I was hoping to make it to at least 150, glad my dragons held out for as long as they did. Still had 4 dragons standing at the end, but alas, one whole side got wiped out. 

The little pixel i did for the heck of it was accepted Im so happy it got picked even tho I had planned just to enter to see how far i got

I usually just draw chibis n stuff lol

e3zu3c.png

can you guess what it is?

answer in spoiler!

Spoiler

Abaddon from God Eater 2 Rage Burst!

Edited by Kyuu Cross

Aww I always love the Dragon Cave events~

9 minutes ago, Kyuu Cross said:

The little pixel i did for the heck of it was accepted Im so happy it got picked even tho I had planned just to enter to see how far i got

e3zu3c.png

answer in spoiler!

Reveal hidden contents

Wow that is amazing! Your pixel is so cute ahaha

Edited by AshallynTallyn

Entirely unable to play the event game on mobile :(

I’m using Safari on an IPhone, and I can click the dragon tiles and have one appear in the top corner of the grid, but I can’t move it at all or click the buttons to place it even after flipping the screen, or loading it while flipped 

26 minutes ago, Kyuu Cross said:

e3zu3c.png

answer in spoiler!

Reveal hidden contents

Congrats! That was the first treat I got!

I cannot get the game to work on mobile either, but, on an iPad I can click and hold the refresh button, it will say “Request Desktop Site”. The game then works fine and I can place the towers around.

Android may have a similar option? 

So, after I've placed the green and red dragons around my tower and click 'Survive', what's supposed to happen?  So far, all that happens is my screen changes back to the way it was before I moved anything and then tells me to start over, with no score and no zombies showing up.  It is a rather confusing game.  😞

7 minutes ago, Reinbeauchaser said:

So, after I've placed the green and red dragons around my tower and click 'Survive', what's supposed to happen?  So far, all that happens is my screen changes back to the way it was before I moved anything and then tells me to start over, with no score and no zombies showing up.  It is a rather confusing game.  😞

After you click survive you wait. Every five minutes the site calculates what happens and you advance a round. 

From your description... After you select Survive are you hitting Start Over? You just need to let it sit five minutes. 

Happy Halloween everyone !

Having fun with the game (it needs to stay all-year-round!) but I so wish the GoN would stop so casually leaving!  Summoning is no easy job, jeez.

Also I love that witch hat fat cat. (Baby tapirs are still cuter minions though.)

2 minutes ago, SolarCat said:

After you click survive you wait. Every five minutes the site calculates what happens and you advance a round. 

From your description... After you select Survive are you hitting Start Over? You just need to let it sit five minutes. 

Oh, I have to wait for it to catch up with my moves...kind of like chess?  Okay, well, guess I'd better go back and do it all over again.  Thanks!  Didn't know I was supposed to wait.  

4 minutes ago, Reinbeauchaser said:

Oh, I have to wait for it to catch up with my moves...kind of like chess?  Okay, well, guess I'd better go back and do it all over again.  Thanks!  Didn't know I was supposed to wait.  

You don't actually do any moves, you just set up your tower defense and then wait for the simulation. It just takes 5 minutes for every turn. When you eventually lose, you gain exp and level up, unlocking more dragons and start over. You don't need to check every 5 minutes either, you can return to check in an hour (12 turns later) or more. It continues even on its own.

Edited by Alwerien

Thus far, I'm at a little over half of the total treats. Still working on getting to like. upwards of round 40 in the game, but not doing badly!

I figure if other folks are posting their treats, it might be cool for me to do mine? ; v; so here it is! lil dragon skull.

(psst, it's animated!)

17o2dj7.gif

So do you gain more XP the longer your dragons hold out? Or would I be better off running multiple short simulations to gain XP? I'd like to unlock all the higher-rank dragons and see what they do too, but a 120-round battle takes the site 10 realtime hours to run. If each battle gives you the same XP regardless of length, there'll never be time to unlock all these...

8 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

The info is listed after you lose the first time.

Reveal hidden contents

zombies3.png.5cc60054a4e02e8ec91d41b1f1792212.png

This is useful!! :D made it to level 8 and then I went to sleep... and died. XD 

9 minutes ago, tjekan said:

So do you gain more XP the longer your dragons hold out? Or would I be better off running multiple short simulations to gain XP? I'd like to unlock all the higher-rank dragons and see what they do too, but a 120-round battle takes the site 10 realtime hours to run. If each battle gives you the same XP regardless of length, there'll never be time to unlock all these...

Hmm... that's a really good point. I'll have to pay more attention to this the next times I run the game.

Gyaaaaaah I caught a CB Omen instead of a CB Witchlight!!

In other news, I have been defeated by the zombie horde at Round 47.