TJ09

2019-10-25 - Halloween Event

56 minutes ago, Library_gremlin said:

What do most people seem to be pairing their Arcanae with?

No idea. I had use them to breed some red dragons, but I am not sure if I would use for the halloween breeding.

(oh boy i am actually still alive in round 22 lol)

I am having entirely too much fun trading right now, lol. Randomly found a 2g Prizekin Halloween in the AP, traded it almost instantly for a wonderful-messy of the only Halloween breed I actually need more of, yay! 

I feel like I'm more amused by this tower-defense game then I'd expected? Last night when it started I was kind of disappointed/annoyed that we aren't really *doing* anything, just refreshing every 5 minutes just to read some text.... But now it's kinda fun. As usual, a lot of my fun is reading this thread, I love seeing how everyone else is doing with the game!

I love how the shallow waters are playing the Dragon in Distress XD

I hope as we get closer to Halloween bigger, badder zombies start attacking!

I wish there was a way to see the history of the battles. I don't have time to sit and refresh every five minutes but when I go back to it and refresh I can only see the current round.

Loving the treats so far. My favorites so far are the owl, the little green blob, and the scene of the dragon flying across the moon. I assume some of the others are references that I'm not getting.

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I wish there was a way to see the history of the battles. I don't have time to sit and refresh every five minutes but when I go back to it and refresh I can only see the current round.

Loving the treats so far. My favorites so far are the owl, the little green blob, and the scene of the dragon flying across the moon. I assume some of the others are references that I'm not getting.

This, so much! Missed a refresh? Oops. No idea what happened and where. 

Does anyone have a list of what the various dragons actually do - and which area they affect?

I'm still in my first round, and figured that greens probably have a 3x3 area of effect with them in the center. 

I'm not 100% sure yet, but reds seem to have a line of effect that's 2 squares in front of them (maybe)? Mine hardly ever did anything because the green dragons were so much more trigger-happy.

I noticed from other player's comments that whites seem to provide a 3x3 area of healing every other round, which is nice.

Just now, olympe said:

Does anyone have a list of what the various dragons actually do - and which area they affect?

Hide contents

I'm still in my first round, and figured that greens probably have a 3x3 area of effect with them in the center. 

I'm not 100% sure yet, but reds seem to have a line of effect that's 2 squares in front of them (maybe)? Mine hardly ever did anything because the green dragons were so much more trigger-happy.

I noticed from other player's comments that whites seem to provide a 3x3 area of healing every other round, which is nice.

The main page when you're not currently defending against zombies has a list of dragons, their stats and their effects :) I'd get a screenshot but I'm currently defending, though I think someone else did.

1 minute ago, olympe said:

Hide contents

They tell you what dragons do once you get defeated.

but until then DragonLady86 posted a screenshot for the first few dragons:

Thanks, @Eggy0! It didn't seem to have that list when I started playing. I was actually looking for something like that and didn't see it, so I had to place my defense pretty much blindly. :(

I've been checking the Halloween biome for about an hour and a half and I don't think I've seen a single Arcana drop. Anyone saw actual Arcanas drop in the biome?

Love the tower game by the way. Can't wait to unlock more breeds!

Edit: Just saw my first Arcana in the biome (although it took me about two hours!). I wonder if it was a glitch or they just don't drop as often.

Edited by KakashiMorph

hey i’ve seen a couple people with my treat! thanks : ) wasn’t sure it got in for a bit there 

Edited by Switch

6 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

ever play plants vs zombies? possibly one of the best known tower defense games.  place dragons around your tower to guard it, then hit start. every 5 minutes new zombies will spawn until they manage to overwhelm your defense and destroy your base.  then you lvl up, unlock new dragons and try again.

Four at once! thats awesome Iside!

I din't get that things happened every 5 minutes. So far really liking the game too! thanks

6 minutes ago, whitestar said:

How long is the time interval between one treat and the next?

between 5-15 minutes iirc

I missed this event last year so I'm glad I'm finally able to participate in it this year! I already got some of the Halloween eggs,  this is going to be fun! 😁

Just now, Alexiel-sama said:

I liked my round 5 XDD
Does anyone know how many trick or treats there are this year?
image.thumb.png.60994a6829ff2072095800e60ea0e190.png

The first post says there are 59 treats to collect in total :)

i'm absolutely trilled by the art showed in the event. i definetly love those small towers with dragons on them!

I think it also be cool to keep them in the enciclopedya of the respective breeds. I would like in general to have more portraits of our dragon, even just pictures, not pixel art, displayed on ther eciclopedia page.

2 hours ago, Eggy0 said:

Ooooh I just caught a treat that depicts the tree house from Adventure Time! I love it! ❤️

Ooh I can't wait to get that one! I'm really loving all the treats this year! It's so cool seeing the different things that everyone came up with. I'm sure there are a lot of references I don't get so I hope later in the event some artists explain the inspiration for their treats. ^_^

3 hours ago, TheEnderDraco said:

Ooh, yay!!

(Do the trick-or-treat winners/anyone else who entered get confirmation on whether or not they got in? The suspense is killing me qAq) 

I didn't get any confirmation- I only know mine is in because a friend showed me they found it. :lol: