Aniia

ANSWERED:Refusal

So I've got two dragons that were part of a long, planned lineage, but today they refused each other as mates. Does this mean they will ALWAYS refuse each other as mates? Do I have to start my lineage over? XD

Yes, unfortunately they can't breed again : D

When fertility is used it decreases the changes of a refusal (on the first breeding).

Drat. Oh well. Guess I'll just release these and re-do the last gen. Thanks for the reply!

Don't. Keep both, but re-breed anyway. Breed the replacement with the original's mate and vice versa. This will give you two potential breeding pairs. (Also, use Fertility on new pairings to reduce the risk of refusals!)

Hmm, that's a good idea.

Does Fertility affect refusals? I thought it only increased chances of an egg...

TJ changed it at some point so that it reduces chance of refusal. The only refusal I have had since then when using fertility on a new pair was a Turpentine dragon, which are notoriously bad breeders. And I tend to breed a lot of new pairs, so I think it really almost eliminates the chance.

I've found  (for myself) that if I use fertility and get a no interest more than once, it was probably a refusal before fertility.  If i can I switch one of the mates I have much better luck. One pair gave me no interest three times before I finally got smart.

Edited by Imzadi

1 hour ago, Imzadi said:

I've found  (for myself) that if I use fertility and get a no interest more than once, it was probably a refusal before fertility.  If i can I switch one of the mates I have much better luck. One pair gave me no interest three times before I finally got smart.

I think you may be right. If I use fertility and get no interest on that first breeding it seems that they aren't ever going to be a very productive pair. If I only ever need one egg from them I usually keep breeding and will get an egg eventually. If it's a pair I hope to breed repeatedly I will try for a new mate.