Dame_Jedi

Proxy Detected

I cannot access Dragcave. I get the following message. I don't use a proxy.

PROXY DETECTED

You don't have permission to access /dragons on this server because it has been detected that you are using a proxy server." 

I'm having the same problem. I think my connection might be using a proxy somewhere along the line, but I'm not in control of the internet in the household so not sure what to do there.

Interesting. I just tried DELIBERATELY using a proxy and got in just fine....

So I decided to log onto Dragcave today and at the top of my scroll, or anywhere I visit on site it says this...

e2Lp2aQ.png

Can someone please tell me what it is and how to make it go away? I've googled it and I can't find anything relevant. 😕

There's nothing changed on my computer since I last logged on and last time I logged on I want to say a few days ago this wasn't there.

I am using Adblocker Ultimate because my computer gets disgustingly slow without it and I can't afford a sub to remove the ads.

Edited by purpledragonclaw

Are you using the same internet connection/network as you were before you saw this message? 

If you turn off the adblocker temporarily does it go away? 

@Aqub

I am using the same internet connection/network yes. My ISP tends to have my location bouncing around the state for some reason so my IP address is never truly the same each time I log on. I don't have or use a VPN which one website suggested may be an issue.

I tried turning off AdBlocker and its still there with or without it, so I'm honestly at a loss.

As of today it seems the warning is gone and the mystery it brought with it but I do worry about it returning.

If anyone wants to add anything to this I'll leave the thread here but mark it Fixed for now.

This isn't exactly fixed, the problem's just disappeared for the time being and for an unknown reason. I'm leaving this open for that reason.

P6loTxV.png

New image showing the event banner to prove its not just the same image used over.

I'm still not sure what's going on. Ad Blocker on or off the warning still appears.

I can use the fan sites and care for my eggs I just can't give clicks or views in return. -_-

Edit: Bit of new info. I went over to the local library where I live. The warning persists even on their internet and computers which are a completely separate company from my own so... ???

Edited by Fateweaver

Have you tried a different browser ? Some now have a VPN built in.

@Fuzzbucket

I'm just using the basic Firefox browser, but my tablet used Internet Explorer and had the same issue, and my phone runs off Chrome with the same issue. All devices showed the proxy warning.

@Fuzzbucket

It was indeed! Thank you for at least giving it a shot! ❤️

As of today the warning is still there. >-< If anyone else has any thoughts I'm open to trying just about anything!

Have you asked your ISP ? they MAY be using one, I suppose.

Try going here:

http://www.whatismyproxy.com - if it shows you are using one you know Bad Things have happened.

This place has some interesting stuff.

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/behind-proxy-server-45919.html

You COULD have been hacked when downloading something:

https://helpdeskgeek.com/networking/internet-connection-problem-proxy-settings/

https://www.howtogeek.com/207051/how-to-tell-whether-your-windows-pc-is-using-a-proxy-server/ 

so - you might try malwarebytes. It's free and very effective,.

https://www.malwarebytes.com

It will try and get you to pay after the trial period - say no and just keep the free one. Its brilliant.

@Fuzzbucket

The first website says I am not using a proxy, used both of the others to check for any proxies on my settings and none are active according to my computer, and I do actually have malwarebytes installed and working so no need there.

As of now the proxy warning is once again gone. -_- I am so utterly confused why this sucker keeps popping up on me and only on Dragcave.

Oh well. Again - it was worth a shot....

The fact that it appears across multiple devices, and even a library device, makes me think the problem is attached to your account instead of any particular device. I kinda feel like TJ looking into the problem himself could resolve it, but idk how to go about that.

Yes, they do. We have been discussing it by PM, as you know. It is back on their own machine and it also happens on the machines in the local library.

That's the really weird bit !

@purpledragonclaw

Yeah still no luck sorting it out. It technically doesn't effect my gameplay as long as I don't have to give Views/Clicks in return but the idea that my machine might be compromised somehow along with the libraries machines is odd.

I've called my ISP again and they still claim to be using no proxies that would effect this. I could take the computer to a repair place but the price point is awful high for a simple diagnosis and budget is tight.

On 11/2/2019 at 5:45 AM, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

The fact that it appears across multiple devices, and even a library device, makes me think the problem is attached to your account instead of any particular device. I kinda feel like TJ looking into the problem himself could resolve it, but idk how to go about that.

Nope, proxy detection is entirely IP-based and not persisted with your account whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Fateweaver said:

@purpledragonclaw

Yeah still no luck sorting it out. It technically doesn't effect my gameplay as long as I don't have to give Views/Clicks in return but the idea that my machine might be compromised somehow along with the libraries machines is odd.

I've called my ISP again and they still claim to be using no proxies that would effect this. I could take the computer to a repair place but the price point is awful high for a simple diagnosis and budget is tight.

I'm seeing multiple sites that list your current IP as an open proxy. I don't know if the issue was ever fixed, but it doesn't appear to be a false positive.