Montre

Buying limit extensions to categorized dragon lists.

Not sure if this has already been suggested yet, but is it probable for the limit of three categories of dragons to be expanded, either through the one-time fee of real money (like in advertisement removal) with a set price, or with dragon egg shards with a price that becomes higher for each person after they purchase one more list/category that can list specific dragons? 

Such a feature would not really provide an advantage over others, as it is meant more to be cosmetic by displaying certain dragons, right?

I'm not too sure what you mean - but anything other than ad-removal that involves real money (because there is a FREE way to do that as well) is a no-no in my book.

What kinds of extensions are you actually talking about?

Like, those groups that have a limit of three(four?) for each scroll. Could it be possible to increase the limit with eggshell shards or real money?

Edited by Montre

We have exactly one breed that's limited like that - everything else you can get endlessly, even if the CBs are limited. I don't think it's a good idea to change that for either money or shards, to be honest. Although shards are semi-acceptable to me, as long as no real money is involved.

Oh, you mean GoNs. NO WAY, thank you. And very much more no way for MONEY.

Well, the max on those is three, not four. FOUR, not three.

I think more would be awfully cluttered  on your scroll - but I don't care one way or the other  as long as no cash money is involved.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Well, the max on those is three, not four.

Actually, the max is four, I have four groups highlighted on my scroll. 

I don't actually care either way as long as no real money is involved, though I kind of feel like highlighting another group or two isn't really worth spending shards on. But I guess to some people it might be.

I suppose I could like increasing the amount of groups that you can highlight, but it's not worth wasting real money or in-game currency on it.

14 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Actually, the max is four, I have four groups highlighted on my scroll. 

I don't actually care either way as long as no real money is involved, though I kind of feel like highlighting another group or two isn't really worth spending shards on. But I guess to some people it might be.

You're QUITE right - I got it backwards. Blame the laundry !

Is it necessary to have more? I've got four groups highlighted, but I assume that visitors to my scroll are only interested in seeing the CBs or pretty lineaged dragons. For any of the other groups, I think you can provide a direct link to a specific interested person, right?

With that in mind, I would be fine if that was an option for spending shards, but I want to keep real, hard-earned money as far away from this game as possible. One of the great things about Dragon Cave is that it is free to play for Everyone.

If we're talking about groups, what I'd rather have is a "More..." option underneath the four highlighted groups that lists all of the user's public groups. But it's not something I think needs to, or should, be bought with shards or money.

1 hour ago, Keileon said:

If we're talking about groups, what I'd rather have is a "More..." option underneath the four highlighted groups that lists all of the user's public groups. But it's not something I think needs to, or should, be bought with shards or money.

Ohh, I like that idea! I'm actually one of those people (with waaaay too much time on my hands) that actually goes through people's highlighted groups just out of curiosity. It would be awesome to have a 'more' and an actual listing of public groups. 

Having more than four highlighted groups poses a design issue.

1438777882_ScreenShot2019-10-09at8_11_29PM.thumb.png.8f97490291d5f287b2846e5c2ceee546.png

Right now you could probably fit one more line of text in this header? After that you'd need to make it scroll, or a dropdown, or a "More..." link to a separate page that lists your highlighted groups.

personally, I wouldn't pay shards (let alone real money) to add more highlighted groups to my page, but that's me.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 10/10/2019 at 12:27 AM, Keileon said:

This sounds like a really good suggestion :)

Actually, I'd rather NOT have all my "public" groups visible. Some are set to "public" because they need to be even if I share the link with only 1 other person but that doesn't mean that I want the world to see them. Groups would need a 4th category then, maybe "listed"?

29 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Actually, I'd rather NOT have all my "public" groups visible. Some are set to "public" because they need to be even if I share the link with only 1 other person but that doesn't mean that I want the world to see them. Groups would need a 4th category then, maybe "listed"?

I agree with Ruby Eyes. Not all of my "public" groups are really intended to be public.

Currently, I name frozen hatchlings or dragons I don’t breed the number in link of groups I have no space for like this. Can be an alternative, though I bit more troublesome to view.

That's rather clever. But lik others - not all my public groups are intended to be totally public.

6 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Interesting, I didn't realize this. Maybe, instead of having to add a 4th category, just use 'highlighted'? Remove the limit, still only show 4 on the main scroll page but have a 'more' link that shows the full list of highlighted groups? So 'highlighted' then becomes basically 'groups I want to show off', while 'public' can still be used for groups you want to share only with specific people. .... Then again, I'm not sure how we'd specify *which* highlighted groups to show on the main scroll page instead of in the 'more' link...

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Then again, I'm not sure how we'd specify *which* highlighted groups to show on the main scroll page instead of in the 'more' link...

By name? Alphabetic, like they are listed in your groups menu.

On 10/11/2019 at 8:35 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

By name? Alphabetic, like they are listed in your groups menu.

It's simple. Simple is best.