AroaraAngelwolf

Test 1 pride and pack OOC

I've got this in their sheets, but for clarification:

Tenebris speaks Brazilian Portuguese because it's their first language and they spoke it at home, English because they lived in America for most of their life, and some Latin because they're a nerd and studied it in university. Aleiss knows German and English because they lived in Germany. Their spoken English has an accent and sometimes they move too fast and can't remember words in time, but they've spent so much time on English websites that their written English is pretty much perfect.

@SkySong278: edited my post for Terra

edit: Just a general note, i post sporadically, anywhere from once a day to three times a day :)

Edited by Swiftphoenix

K I’ll take a look. Also good to know :). I also won’t be posting much around Thanksgiving due to my sister and her bf being in town. Just thought I’d let you guys know.

I too will slow down and I ask that you please don't post multiple times in the rp until almost everyone posts. Mage and Valid are busy but I sure they are reading. 

I probably won’t post at all but I’ll read any new posts that might be posted.

I'm working on something but it's slow-going since I'm at work.

However, I have a question that's been nagging me:

These "dominance fights"--are they actually based upon real life science that has long since been debunked as completely wrong? 

Because the entire concept of alpha-beta/dominant-submissive is based on scientists taking three terrified, unrelated wolves and locking them up in the same space where they acted out on the very real threat to their lives. Which lead to people using it to justify inaccurately "understanding" animal body language and behaviors.

I ask because basing it off human civilizations and our own rituals would be more accurate. Like rights if challenge and duels of honor.

Edited by ValidEmotions

I know the pack thing has been debunked. My entire project it was on the impact of wild wolves on the environment and he behavior of wolves raised in captivity. 

Like Sam said earlier, he knows that isn't true in the wild, but to keep some semblance of order, the twins suggested they follow the archaic pack and pride outline.

In a previous test the twins where involved in, no such structure was in place and like three wolves stuck in a room, a handful of lions and wolves who are both animal and people fought each other till death, then human rationalizing came into play and they continuously attacked the scientists until they all where shot and killed save for two- who lived as far away from the madness as they could and where the only two successful IVF and faux womb grown shifters they had and thus far more valuable alive then dead. 

Thus the title prides and packs test 1 the first test with this system in place.  It isn't for their "dominance or honor" rather, "who knows the most and the scientists will speak to more/listen to more. " 

--

Needless to say this system is entirely to measure strength endurance, adaptability and will to fight in a more 'natural' setting for the scientists. Even if one doesn't want to, they will be forced to and when it comes to certain positions, they may receive outside influence depending on what the scientists think or want to happen. It will not happen all the time, (again will be random on a coinflip when coming to king queen and alpha fights along with the number you choose between 1-10 (will grow or shrink depending on wins vs losses etc. 6-10 number would be  1-20 with anything higher then half being a win. )

Second edit: Sam is known for his cryptic way I'm speaking when he is talking about the scientists for a reason. I suggest you all carefully read his lines for information and Kubo doesn't know as much as Sam, but he has tried to excape multiple ways with failings each time so if one prods him in a vulnerable state he will probably cave and tell everyone what he knows about trying to leave. That little bit about a shock collar and family is a important nugget of information. I'll let you chew on it for a little. 

I enjoy this teasing on the savarity of the situation they all got themselves in!

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Hmmm I'm not exactly understanding. There isn't an "archaic" pride/pack structure--there are only human structures that involve "battles for dominance". Dominance comes from human ego; animals don't have ego, just the drive for survival.

Again, you are trying to get the human factor in this. The scientists and corporate behind this very test  does not believe that they are human. They believe that they are animals with a human form.

no matter what you say, this fact in the rp will not change. The contraversy of their views is what brought Leif to them in the first place. This is why they buy, trap, and kill shifters like human traffickers would do because to them they are trying to see if humans will go extinct to these beasts who can look human instead of humans with a gift being forced into hiding or dieing out due to their connection with he earth. 

The science is twisted and backwards here. Nothing like your typical test. It's inhumane, immortal and if a international board of scientists even got a hand on a page or two of their tests, they will all be thrown in jail. This Corp is like the Hitler of the shifter world. There is no rhyme or reason. Harsh to think of it that way but it's the only way I could describe it in the way they treat he shifters. 

Well, the human factor does play a little bit. In order for the scientists to believe that the shifters are purely animal in thought, they need to believe that the shifters are incapable of having human thought. Correct? This includes the understanding of human concepts/behavior, such as ego and dominance, and denying the plausibility of the shifters possessing those behaviors. 

I'm not trying to change things--I just wanted to understand if these rank fights are to mimic human duels and not the misinterpreted actions of terrified wolves.

That is: should we expect rules and format or is it a straight bloodbath?

Edited by ValidEmotions

Correct, it would mean they have to accept it. The key thing here, they don't. They think these actions are mimicked behavior. The fights are just to get more data, disguised as rank fights, so they feel like they are accomplishing something other than just participating in a brutal way of gathering data. Keep in mind, the twins came up with the pride and pack ideas rankings and idea, the rank fights will be a complete shock to them as well. The fighting is purely for data and we'll, a twisted form of entertainment like a dog fighting ring. 

The twins thought they could choose their desired place, and if 'challenged' would indeed do a civil human duel, like a game of darts, cards or one on one fights in the Challenger's chosen form till forfit occurs. This however is not the case. 

Do you understand now?

A nature vs. nurture if you will. 

40 minutes ago, AroaraAngelwolf said:

The contraversy of their views is what brought Leif to them in the first place. 

haha yes that’s totally why leif is here he’s not here because he kept getting rejected on shifter tinder 

thanks for the info! this is all really interesting in developing him O: 

since you said to hold off until most people have replied, should i wait for val / mage before doing a kikyo/leif post then? 

No I ment to take swift in that post when she said she can post several times a day. XD you can post the two, I left Deric and Val out on purpose so I had something to write while waiting for the other two. I don't know where @TheUltimateMage is  but I'm sure they'll get something in when they can. 

Alright, I edited the mail list on my first initial post, so swift and her brother are on it. The pack is now closed to all members. No more will be added. @Swiftphoenix for continuity purposes, Swift's boyfriend will not be able to be in the group. Those who came as siblings and family where either caught together, sold together and also cooperated  with the scientists during that time so where able to stay together. 

Hey Aroara, did Chetalla and Aleiss move into a building to get the food? It sounded like it in your post, I just wanted to confirm. I was also wondering why Chetalla decided to introduce herself again?

Oh sorry. I was trying to get in a post before I went to bed. I will edit it. They are outside on a picnic table. And she is used to people who have forgotten her name or can't pronounce it. She thought it was one of the two when he trailed off.

Your good now. Mage is probably busy and doesn't know what to do with their character yet so they'll probably wait until things get interesting to jump in again.

I’ll post again in there soon. Just not sure what to put right now but I’ll come up with something. I’ll also do that after Swift posts.

Edited by SkySong278

Swift, I think you missed my post with Anthony. :v He and Veronica did speak directly to Terra, Swift, Mark, and Leif.

Thanks! I'll post for Aleiss today, should be able to start working on one soon.

Edited by Kiran