AroaraAngelwolf

Test 1 pride and pack OOC

Here you can challenge for dominance rank, talk about characters and ask questions about the lore/ world building of this place.  This will help expand the world and make it this more interesting. 

Please send any sheets to me with Test 1 on the title, Sky is helping me run this, when I am working or not on, she'll be the mediator and keep things going.

Please follow rules and be respectful! Ships are welcome to form here however keep in mind that there is no guarantee they will form! :)

Rules: (occ)

1. Romance and fights/hunts is pg 13 please!.

2. OPEN FOR EVERYONE!

3. Dominance fights would be roleplayed out however the winner is determined by a random number generator (from 1-10) and the closest guess I will pm both the results and the closest guess is the winner of the fight for dominance.

4. Once a month a new dominance fight can occur for both pride and pack. 

5. Please list physical strengths and weaknesses, along with personality strengths and weaknesses in character sheet.

6. Please PM me the sheets with the title Test 1 if you want to join! I  will NOT accept sheets without that title! (Not applied to sky, she a part owner of rp.)

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Oh, an OOC! Glad to see this here!
Could you elaborate a little on the dominance ranking system? I saw in some of your character sheets ranks like 1 - Pride Queen and Hunter rank 3, but I didn't see a list or anything that really explained what they meant. Is there a list with all the rankings and such and how characters can get to each rank? Thanks in advance~ 

Hey! I was wondering if you could make a chatroom of some kind of Discord or Chatzy? OOC's are useful but I've always noticed that chatrooms make conversations a lot easier especially since there's several of us.

So It's a basic pack / pride set up. I wasn't exactly sure how to organize them yet.

So for the pack it goes like this:

Rank 1- Alpha (male and female typically mates or a pair of siblings or two that work well together)

Rank 2- Delta (strong fighters split from 1-3 fighters that help the alphas keep things orderly. These will be ranked 2A 2B etc)

Rank 3- Beta/hunter (both are the same just different names. These will be trakers and hunters that bring back prey for those who can't or are unable to provide for themselves. These are a group of four or five with a rank 3A being the lead hunter hunters can fight other hunters to gain ranks)

Rank 4 - Sigma/healer (helps with births, medicine and things. This isn't exactly available for a fight rank. These are assigned to one with medical or apothecary Knowledge to provide on site assistance if needed)

Rank 5 - Psi/spy (the quiet nonphysical ones are left to be spy's, they keep an eye on the scientists' movements and are used to peek into the Pride territory. )

Rank 6 or 0- Omega or rouge. (Ones that are distant. They either provide some  comical relief, organized games or play fights to boost moral or simply keep to themselves.)

Okay, thank you! I wasn't entirely sure how to put rankings on my character, but this helps me understand the structure of the groups much better. I have one more question if you don't mind. How long has the experiments for the first test been going on for? I know that you have two pride leaders that were made and put into the test before most, if not all, of the others, but did the rest of the characters arrive at the same time or could it be like Character A has been here for 4 months and Character B just got here last week.

Pride ranks

Rank 1- king and queen (leaders of the pride. This is taken by the two siblings because they were the very first ones and grew up around the area. They can be fought to get the position. Don't have to be mates/siblings to rule with another)

Rank 2- Advisers (elders, more wise members  the young leaders will listen to them and they will keep the pride in check)

Rank 3- mystic (healers once again appointed by scientists one or two)

Rank 4- hunters (almost all females Males of other types of pantaras can be here too)

Rank 5- soldiers and all other members of the group including spies.

Rank 6- Cubs/younglings (too young to do anything else and mostly watched over by whole Pride)

-+++++++++

The only ones who have been there for longer than three years are the twins. All others arrived anytime between a year to a couple days ago. They go through an adjustment period in the lab where they are tested on strength and speed, samples are collected and then they are fed information he scientists want them to know (some BS about a rare disease killing off shifters or finding a cure for cancer within their DNA or something like that) then brought  to the Savannah in shift form and released in the jungle or Savannah like a wild animal after being rehabilitated.

Thank you! That clears up all the questions I had for the time being. I look forward to rping with you~

Me too! I still have to finish Kubo, and a couple others of mine, Sky is working on hers. Ranks will be figured out here. Right now, Deric is kinda a self appointed leader, when he and Val arrived around the same time, there was hardly any to be called a pack. (Still not)

heyo !! sorry to bother with so many questions, we're all just really excited to start the rp ~~

from the information provided doc and i have been discussing diego and kikyo's history up to the roleplay, and we think we've got something figured out !! just wanted to briefly glance over it to make sure its okay ~~

since we've been working, is that something we should add to our sheets? or can it just be written/discussed here for reference later : D 

since newcomers can arrive just a couple days ago, could we have diego and kikyo be in that situation? and, as a result, not part of anything yet? we'd like to integrate them in the actual roleplay ~~

You can send me the history in pm then I can add it to your sheets. I still need to finish Ella, Kubo Esta too so I'll put it in when I edit them.

Ranks won't be given until everything has settled, since the others are relatively new and there's few an official pack/pride hasn't yet formed and the space covers 100miles by 200 miles so it's huge. Once everyone gets introduce pack and pride will officially form. So don't worry about them being new. 

1 hour ago, AroaraAngelwolf said:

You can send me the history in pm then I can add it to your sheets. I still need to finish Ella, Kubo Esta too so I'll put it in when I edit them.

Ranks won't be given until everything has settled, since the others are relatively new and there's few an official pack/pride hasn't yet formed and the space covers 100miles by 200 miles so it's huge. Once everyone gets introduce pack and pride will officially form. So don't worry about them being new. 

great to hear, thank you !! : D i'll pm you the history sometime tonight then ~

I edited my character and doctor's and etos, added mage's and everything is looking good. Deric is now 19-23 since he lived in the forest and around the Russian artic circle it's hard to tell how old you are when you only have two seasons and day most of the year and night the rest. 

UPDATED: everyone is up! Please look over the sheets one more time and message me if you want to change anything or add a character! You can make another later on but I'm looking to start Saturday or Sunday!

I keep double posting, I'm sorry about that. Anyway Doc had me add something to their character, Sky has hers in and everything looks in order! I will describe the set up in my introductory post but I'll have a brief description here so you can plan out your posts.

In the jungle there is several hut like buildings with clean water and plumbing. They are big enough for two people each, a small room with a couple beds, a single bath and a small cooking/living area. Eight huts in total with a large fire pit in the middle and a few (4) storage shacks for extra food and a two persons emergency medical building. They have electricity, all solar powered but no TV or internet or anything. There's medicine books and a few pieces of hunting equipment in a chest at the foot of each bed. Weapons can be brought in, no guns or swords. 

Savannah has the same setup with a bit more room in them to accommodate their larger shift forms.  This one also has a garden under a canvas tarp and a few maturing date trees  that the twins are growing along with a few chickens and a couple goats for milk, cheese and eggs with little shelters built for the animals the twins have been there for about two and a half years. Savannah also has a water silo for drought season, jungle is by a waterfall and has a constant source of water nearby. 

Eyy, glad we're starting! Another question, sorry, can the shifters speak in animal form? I'd assumed that they couldn't, but I don't think it was ever mentioned and I wanted to make sure. 

They understand each other like they are speaking both as human to animal or animal to animal. Non shifters can't understand them and they can't understand non shifting animals either. Nobody knows why, the scientists are trying to figure that out but aren't getting anywhere. They don't have to be part of the same species either. 

It has also come to my attention that the release part (them being as an animal) had some confusion. They are brought to the encampments first in shift form for they are easy to subdue then released into the camp, then the scientists leave them be.

They want their interaction to be natural with each other first before they make everyone meet (pack members gathered at the camp and pride members gathered at their camp) made to introduce themselves then the rankings will take place. For now it is entirely up to you who they know and who they don't. 

sorry I haven’t posted in the ic thread yet. I’ve been a bit busy this weekend but hopefully I can get something posted later this evening. can someone give me a summary of what’s happened so far?

Busy until Wednesday -- but it doesn't matter much because i don't have much to post, since Jason sleeps like a baby. :)

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Oh, wow, I didn't expect a fight to start so soon, but I honestly can't really see a way to avoid it from my end. I hope this is alright? 

kikyo is going exploring ~~ is there anything interesting she could find? 

Aloe vera plants, gazelle (what Deric is going after) date trees, oh there's a large natural watering hole with a river leading to the jungle. Water buffalo. I'll leave it up to you is she and Deric see/smell each other from a distance. 

@kiran- only if you don't mind Ella and Iona stepping in. 

Hey doc! I have a feeling Diego will love Ella. She's kinda like him when hyper and she's buff! 

4 hours ago, AroaraAngelwolf said:

Aloe vera plants, gazelle (what Deric is going after) date trees, oh there's a large natural watering hole with a river leading to the jungle. Water buffalo. I'll leave it up to you is she and Deric see/smell each other from a distance. 

ooooo its mr russia how exciting OOO:

great !! i edited a small bit into kikyo's post just now ~~ 

Edited by Eto