Mikasa361

Warped: Multifandom 3.0...ish [OPEN]

E2ivQzm.png

[ Sector: Two ]
[ Location: Burned Lands ]
[ Nearby People: Dio, Veigas ]

The moment the man releases the child, Raven abandons all thought and lurches forward. Within mere seconds of being dropped, the child floats in the air and begins to berate the man—Lord Dio his name was—for dropping the ‘act’. Raven blinked at the two strangers owlishly. So this had been a prank all along? Raven straightened his back, the valves on his arm closing shut with a soft hiss. He had been right to be wary of the strangers—they were just more demons playing a trick on him. Raven was momentarily glad to be among some sort of volcanic landscape. The heat made for a good excuse as to why his face was suddenly red.

“You’re both demons, aren’t you?” Raven asked as he anxiously tucked a strand of hair behind his ear. He noted that Dio had danced around his questions, but was more than happy to ask his own. Admittedly, Raven didn’t have much experience with demons outside of Lu and Ciel. Still, Dio and his companion’s constant bickering and complete lack of respect for Raven’s own inquiries matched what little Raven did know about demons. 

Raven sighed, lowering his head as he shook away his thoughts. No, he couldn’t be judging two individuals based upon their species. That was wrong and he knew better. Looking up, Raven could see Dio staring at him, patiently waiting for an answer. It appeared as though all three of them were lost. Raven didn’t trust the demons per se, but he had no reason to assume they meant harm just yet.

“I’m afraid I’m as lost as you are,” Raven said. “I arrived here myself not more than about twenty minutes ago. I fell from the sky, well, sorta.” Raven frowned. “Actually, spare me a moment of your time. I believe I can answer your question.” Raven took several steps back from the demons. “Keep your distance,” he warned the demons as he raised his arm, his palm facing the sky. “I wouldn’t want you getting burned.” Steam burst out of his Nasod arm once more. A small blue flame ignited from the center of his palm. Quickly it grew into a bright white ball. It continued to expand outward, a feathered form taking shape as the ball grew exponentially. Depthless white eyes slowly cracked open as flamed wings sprouted from the ball and fanned open. 

Within less than a minute a bird composed of fire, nearly half as long as Raven was, sat was seated on top of Raven’s palm. It cocked its head to the side, turning its head to look at Raven expectantly.

“Scout the area,” Raven said to the bird. “I want to know where we are and if there’s anyone else nearby.” The bird chirped happily in response. Flapping its wings open, the bird launched itself off of Raven’s hand and into the sky. Raven watched it momentarily as it soared off into the distance before turning his attention back to Dio and his companion. 

“She’ll return soon enough,” Raven said. He lowered his Nasod arm, closing the valves once more. “I understand your suspicion of me, but I would very much like to know who you two are.” A pause and then. “Just so we’re on the same page, you may call me Raven. A name for a name seems fair, doesn't it?"

dad51ef47983031924ae240a5df4ed30.png  51deac3045cff53df4c9c90660202009.png

DIO BURNING CANYON

Moderate Fraction's Leader

VEIGAS TERRE

Messenger of Destruction

Dio raises an eyebrow at the human's antics, lunging forward for Veigas -- of all people's -- safety, but his reaction is nothing compared to Veigas processing the moment.

The smaller demon immediately bursts out in laughter, so high-pitched and loud that Dio can feel his ears ringing as Veigas holds his stomach in his mirth, nearly rolling over himself in the air.

"You're delightful!" the Magi proclaims, floating closer to the black-haired man. He floats closer to the other man, nearly brushing against him, getting uncomfortably close and then pulling away in a manner Dio knows all too well is bothersome, having experienced it firsthand one too many times. "Concerned for the children -- all the markings of a good human!" 

Dio rolls his eyes, crossing his arms across his chest to show his displeasure, and he is just about to leave and hope that Veigas decides to go home with this new stranger instead of following him, when suddenly the black-haired man speaks up and gives him reason to pause.

How did he know they were demons? Suddenly, Dio is on full alert. This man ... he knows much more than he lets on, and that could be potentially dangerous, if left unresolved. 

"That we are," he responds, careful, as Veigas snickers and floats back to beside him, earning a glare from Dio. So close to getting rid of the Magi -- and now, he doesn't know when his next chance will be. Second chances didn't come easy, especially something as simple as Veigas losing his interest in him so he would leave forever. One could only hope.

Fallen from the sky? Dio frowns at this revelation. That is ... strange, all things considered. He was so certain only seconds ago that their sudden appearance in this land had been a result of some twisted joke by a God from Xenia -- after all, it wouldn't be the first time, and the Grand Chase had collected many enemies in their adventures -- but this throws his plans out of balance. Why would the Gods see fit to bring so many random strangers together -- increasing the chances of their defeat? Dio feels his annoyance at the situation rising, and if this was truly some kind of test from Starklin -- or any other god -- of his patience, he would personally drag them from their high palaces and make them repent their actions. Moderate fraction or not, he doesn't take kindly to anyone interfering with his plans. 

Curiously, it seems the human has thoughts of his own; after instructing them to stand aside, he raises up his strange, almost-demonic arm, staring at the sky. Seeing no reason not to comply with the other man's instructions, Dio steps aside as directed, although Veigas, to no one's surprise, simply stands near the stream of lava and snickers, almost as if challenging the other man to try and burn him.

He doesn't take the challenge, much to Dio's disappointment, and instead of shooting Veigas in the chest the other man directs a strange kind of energy -- unlike any Dio has felt before, human or demonic -- towards the sky, until flames curl inwards on themselves and dissipate, revealing a majestic bird in the air. It reminds him of the summons he has seen Rin pull from the sky, direct minions of the Goddess, but without the same heavenly energy that surrounded Rin's very form. 

The man gives the bird an instruction and it seems to understand, strangely enough, looping into the sky with a brightly feathered farewell as it disappears in the distance. Scouting the area? Smart, and in a way that reminds him entirely too much of Ronan. Perhaps -- he remembers encountering the Grand Chase in weird places, at unexpected areas, agreeing to fight together for a higher cause. Dio isn't a religious man by any means, but could the same forces that had brought him to Elesis' doorstep be guiding him now?

No, absolutely not. That same force would not possibly consider Veigas as a potential ally. The Magi's very existence by his side now proved to Dio that this is some kind of cosmic mistake.

"Dio," he decides, giving the name straight and simply. He agrees with the other man's -- Raven, as he now knows -- straightforward, business-like tone; despite his human emotions, it seems he knows how to get down to work, as well. "This is Veigas." At Dio's introduction, Veigas gives a gesture that is not at all appropriate for their current situation. "I've suddenly been instructed to babysit, and he happens to be the fallout. I apologise for the confusion."

"What a businessman, Lord Dio!" Veigas calls out. "So, Raven," the Magi says, and the way he speaks seems to be an purr, almost, of sudden interest in this human that would rush forward so willingly to save a child he does not know. "What's with your arm?" 

E2ivQzm.png

Veigas burst out into shrill, gleeful laughter. Raven was utterly taken back by the demon’s amusement and further disturbed when he floated closer, mocking Raven for having the “markings of a good human”. Raven had learned well enough how to deal with a tiny, irritable demon. He watched Veigas warily as the demon brushed against him, smirking devilishly before returning to Dio’s side. 

The younger demon reminded Raven of Lu when she first joined the group, but Dio was another story altogether. A weaker man might have trembled underneath Dio’s steady, crimson gaze. Raven lifted his chin ever so slightly and stared at him defiantly. He looked as though he was analyzing Raven, trying to break him down and find any weakness that could be exploited. Raven had been embarrassed once he realized the demons were pulling a trick on him, but now that one of them was trying to intimidate him he, oddly enough, felt much more comfortable. He knew plenty of “strong men” who felt the need to flex their masculinity in the form of making others feel inferior. Raven saw right through those ruses and knew exactly how to stand his ground.

At least, that’s what he thought up until Dio calmly introduced himself and apologized for Veigas’s antics. An apology from a demon? How unexpected. Raven cocks his head to the side lightly tapping a mechanical finger against his chin.

“You’re quite well-spoken,” he muses aloud. “Most of the demons, or humans for that matter, I’ve encountered on my travels don’t share your mannerisms so…” It only took Raven a moment to realize just how insensitive his comment was. “Ah! Forgive me!” Raven shook his head. “You remind me of a noble demon I know, but you aren’t her nor do you share her family’s colors.” 

Veigas, who seemed every so interested in Raven, brought his attention to his Nasod arm.

“Oh, this?” Raven asked, lifting his mechanical arm up. He blinked in surprise, confused by the question. Everyone knew about the Nasods, an ancient race of machines. Most advanced mechanics were based on or from the Nasods. It didn’t make sense for the demons to not recognize the technology. Perhaps they had just never seen a human with Nasod enhancements? A strange possibility, but still feasible.

“This is a arm developed by Nasods,” Raven explained, extended his arm forward so Dio and Veigas could get a better look. “It’s designed as a weapon by the Nasod people. I’ve made adjustments to it overtime, but it still serves its primary purpose.” Raven looked up at the demons curiously. “I was under the impression most people knew about the Nasods. Are you saying you’ve never seen Nasod technology before?”

dad51ef47983031924ae240a5df4ed30.png  51deac3045cff53df4c9c90660202009.png

DIO BURNING CANYON

Moderate Fraction's Leader

VEIGAS TERRE

Messenger of Destruction

If demons could preen, that would certainly be what Dio is currently doing. He puffs up at Raven's compliment, delighted at having his efforts finally being recognised -- at last, a worthy judge of his worth! He has spent too long trying to distinguish himself from the far more brutish reputations of the other demons of his world, Veigas' fraction included.

That is, until Raven catches himself with a sudden "ah!" and a finger held to his chin, as if deep in thought. It does not seem to be that he speaks with ill-intent, but that is certainly how Dio perceives his next words. A noble demon, haughty and unpleasant to be around, with unfamiliar house colours? Only one name could belong to such a reputation, and Dio growls, a low note in his voice.

If this was Ley's idea of a practical joke, it wasn't very funny. He has no doubts about the Lady of Crimson River's powers to manipulate time and space -- whatever complicated ritual her father had done to ensure her survival had gifted her with abilities far beyond what most demons were capable of, but he had not considered Ley to be unnecessarily cruel. Through their time in Grand Chase, they had built up a tense acceptance of the other, and now was regulated to a status of sending a note hello every couple decades. But to think that this would be her idea of a prank ... 

But it doesn't seem to be with hate, at least. Raven holds out his arm with an almost strange familiarity, trusting the demons -- something not many humans did. Perhaps he has worked with them in the past? His own clan was wary to hire human mercenaries to do their bidding -- the mistake ratio was higher, and deaths more guaranteed -- but he has heard of some moderate clans aligning with humans as a sort of last resort action. 

But what was this Nasod Raven spoke of? A quick look at Veigas confirms that the smaller demon is equally as confused, his usual smirk wiped from his face and replaced with a sudden childish curiosity as he inspected the arm, floating closer to look over the machinery, but not close enough to touch. Ah -- was that it? Deus Ex Machina was a work of mechanical genius, and perhaps it was a given that Veigas would be interested in new forms of technology. He had, after all, been there and partly caused the destruction of the technological capital, Kounat. How awkward it had been to explain to Mari that he knew the very child who had sent her family and friends into endless darkness. 

"Nasod technology," Veigas repeats, testing out the unfamiliar word on his tongue. Then, he shakes his head and leans back, curious. "Never heard of it. What are the Nasod people? Is it a new civilization?" 

Dio recognises that familiar glimmer in his Veigas' eyes -- a dangerous sudden lust to know more about this small tidbit of information now released to him, and so he speaks up, intending to interrupt the smaller demon's pondering and ensure that Raven didn't respond to him. 

"That demon," he says. "The Lady of Crimson River. She is the one you are affiliated with, then? Has she sent you for some kind of purpose?"

E2ivQzm.png

Raven’s suspicions of the two strangers being demons had already been confirmed. He was familiar with the concept of a demon’s physical form not being representative of their age, and yet Raven cannot help but fondly watch Veigas as he stares down at Raven’s Nasod arm curiously. Even if he was probably older than Raven was, Raven could not help but be amused by what appeared to be a small child investigating a cool, strange object. Raven’s love for children and the boundless curiosity had been one of the things that hadn’t died over the course of time. 

Veigas asked what Nasods were, which prompted Raven to scrunch his eyebrows together thoughtfully. He opened his mouth to reply, but Dio interjected before he could. Raven turned to face the demon, frowning. The Lady of Crimson River? Raven mentally combed through his memories of all of the titles Lu possessed. He had never heard of anything about crimson rivers before. Besides, that name wouldn’t make any sense. Lu’s family’s colors was blue not crimson.

“I’m afraid I don’t know who you’re referring to, Lord Dio,” Raven said. Was it wise to use Dio’s title? Veigas had used to earlier and Raven knew from experience that not addressing nobility probably could lead to needlessly offending them. “The demon I’m referring to is Luciela R. Sourcream. She’s been in the mortal world for some time so it’s understandable that you wouldn’t recognize her name.” Raven idly rubbed the back of his head with his human hand. “I wouldn’t say I’m affiliated with Lu personally, but we work for the same organization. Like I said earlier, I wasn't sent here. I was… taken here or something. Similar to you I believe.” 

Dio had cut Raven off earlier when he tried to answer Veigas’s question. While Raven appreciated that Dio was concerned that Raven was working for someone he supposedly didn’t like, Raven could not help but return to the earlier topic. 

“I’m sorry but do neither of you really know what Nasods are?” Raven asked. “The Nasods existed centuries ago, but their technology and influence never faded. I don’t want to come off as rude, but the idea that neither of you know about it is simply… bizarre. Forgive my assumptions, but you two appear to be of high status. It seems weird that no one has told you about Nasods before.”

iPsGDoj.png

[ VS Metal Man! ]

[ Location: Sector Two ]

[ Digimon: Biyomon (Activate: Hyper Wing --> No cards active) ]

Naomi ducked out of reflex, hands on her head, even if the blade whizzed a good three feet above her head and crashed into the waters again. Bleeding?! The robot's threat made her breath catch in her throat. Was the robot serious about trying to dismember them into pieces? She didn't really want to find out. Kouji's digivolution (always a treat to witness, she added to herself) granted him armor so maybe he'd have some protection while fighting, but she and Biyomon had to be careful. 

Her digimon scoffed at the missed attack and flew back out of the way on the fading wings of light granted to her by the card. Realizing that the robot master's projectiles were targetting the human, Biyomon pivoted in the air and dove like an arrow back towards Naomi. Just as she landed, the effect of Hyper Wing faded in a shower of sparks, revealing the digimon standing protectively in front of her tamer. "Get 'em, Kouji!" she yelled. "I'll protect Naomi from here!"

Dammit! Was she dead weight again? Naomi held her remaining cards out in a fan, furrowing her brow as she looked over them. Brave Shield would have been nice right now. Heck, even Gotsu Shaker! Frustrated at her lack of strategic options, she alsently chewed on her bottom lip. Maybe Speed Plus? All of her options at the moment were useless, and there was little she could do but cheer Kouji on as one of his attacks landed.

OtSAWva.png

[R - Sector 1 -North Midsection]

My name is Mystical, and you're sort of right when I'm a unicorn. My species name is actually Ponyta. However, there's two forms of us. The Kanto Ponyta which has flames instead and the Galarian Ponyta, which I am.

Riza knits her eyebrows together. Had.... Had the unicorn sent her some sort of telepathic message? Was that possible? She shakes her head and takes a second to listen to Hibiki and Seto bicker. Her temple throbbed a little bit- why do these two see the need to yell at each other all the time? At this rate, Riza wants to go back home- she's much more inclined to listen to Havoc crying about his relationship problems or Breda yelling because "how dare your dog come within a meter of me". 

The idiocy.

"If you two can get along for five minutes," Riza mutters to herself. She takes note of a couple groups somewhere towards the east. Namely, a group of rather strangely dressed people- a blonde dressed in what appears to be rich man's clothes, a man with multicolored hair and a uniform similar to her own military attire, and a man with rather shaggy hair and dressed in a blue blanket. She raises an eyebrow and takes note of the absurd thing that stands with them. 

"...Why don't we head in that direction and meet up with them?"