Sign in to follow this  
olympe

Show Influence/Precog Status in Trades

Sometimes, I really wish that eggs/hatchlings in a trade show their Influence status and/or Precognition result. Because, well, it's nice if someone says "influenced female" or "precogged male", but there's no guarantee that this is actually true. While I don't think stating false information is intentional, it's very easy to mess up (mix up eggs of the same breed, for example).

Of course, I wouldn't want everyone to be able to see what any egg/hatchie is influenced or precogged to be, but for trading purposes, this would help to make things flow more smoothly.

And, yes, we'd need a way to accomodate for the fact that Influence on an egg wears off during teleport, and that an Influenced egg might also switch genders from what it has been foretold to be (with Precognition). Maybe by not displaying an Influence on eggs, and not displaying anything on an egg that has been both Precogged and Influenced. (Because, well, in both cases the results are useless and potentially harmful, as they'd display information that might not be accurate in case of a teleport.)

Full support. I've accepted offers of ungendered hatchies on good faith before when asking for specifics and been burned. Some kind of security would be very nice. 

Or letting us use our own Aeons to look at offers on our trades would be cool too if it needs to cost something. 

Not sure how that could work with checking trades of others but I would really like that, too. Traded for an ungendered hatchie for a lineage and... Well, you know.. 

I'd support any kind of checking options. 

Definitely agree with this! As much clarity as possible is great - and then without having to state in the trade box what it's been influenced/precogged, it allows more space to write other stuff :3

33 minutes ago, BrazenChase said:

Full support. I've accepted offers of ungendered hatchies on good faith before when asking for specifics and been burned. Some kind of security would be very nice. 

Or letting us use our own Aeons to look at offers on our trades would be cool too if it needs to cost something. 

This would be my preferred solution.

I support this. Sometimes I really need a specific gender and it'd be nice to be sure about what I'm agreeing to.

That really isn't quite such a need to know thing. Neither one affects anything in a bad way, and once you get the thing, you can test by trying your own BSA dragons on it.

Full support. It's why I generally don't like trading for hatchlings, I have no way of knowing whether they'll gender correctly (according to what I need at the moment) or not. Like this one time back when I was collecting more than just one pair of Zyus... I needed just one male (I think?) yellow Zyu to have a perfect set of two males and two females, and got a hatchling from a trade... and it proceeded to gender female. :dry: And I've had absolutely zero luck with doing genderswap trades so I love this suggestion.

Sign in to follow this