Kaini

Neglected Dragons

Shouldn't be, @egwenna, as long as you don't add to a highly-active hatcherie like VS... Perhaps just add to Silvi's around 1 min before ToD to gain very few views, or don't add to Silvi's if you have enough people ARing because they'll be adding UV during the exp as well. You'll learn to feel for it in the long run... Let us know how it goes/went.

2 hours ago, must_ingel said:

You'll learn to feel for it in the long run...

I wish. Made 10, none of them similar stats to another and seem to have lost it completely now. I wanted a small army of neglecteds. Instead, I have a large army of dead eggs.  Only doing solo zyu's, and have another try in a couple of hours.

5 hours ago, must_ingel said:

Shouldn't be, @egwenna, as long as you don't add to a highly-active hatcherie like VS... Perhaps just add to Silvi's around 1 min before ToD to gain very few views, or don't add to Silvi's if you have enough people ARing because they'll be adding UV during the exp as well. You'll learn to feel for it in the long run... Let us know how it goes/went.

1 turned, but I couldn't kill fast enough and I don't think it had enough UV (still only 51). Someone added the other to a hatchery, so it gained a lot of views and died without turning. 

Oh no, for both of you 😧

I just ran another kill-action experiment.

CB Sapo. Unincud.

Preloaded with 555/58/6.
Ran a 2 min exp.
Added to Silvi's at about 1 min before death. Then to VS approx 20-25sec before death. Didn't turn, died.

Would've been badass if it had turned, as the code was zieND.

5 hours ago, must_ingel said:

Would've been badass if it had turned, as the code was zieND.

Aw, that's sad. That would have been perfect.

I managed another ND today, following the same template as last time (minus Egg Drop Soup, which was down). \o/

Initial stats = 265 / 83 / 1
End stats < 1331 / 143 / 2

Everything else as previously posted, basically. Including the fat fingering, sigh, I just can't be helped. The "Reset all boxes" button is so very this:

3lb9iz.png

Posted (edited)

Something weird happened with my experiment last night. Just sharing for fun.

926850581_NDGlitch.jpg.65bd18062d5970835e036efec998c55e.jpg

It actually gain views on its view page (and hatched at 1592/106/11) but when I first saw it on my scroll(on different tab) I thought the other egg I'm keeping turned to ND by itself. Apparently I was "pranked" by glitch lol. XD 

Edited by banban007

Posted (edited)

Ok, quick question. 
Does it matter if a BSA like Incubate is used? Because my experiment’s TOD is tomorrow night, but I have free time tonight to try. 
Edit to add that I just realized that I can’t incubate it with less than 4 days. But for the future, does it make a difference?

Edited by Firedda

@Firedda With incubate (and teleport), you can try again the next day if the first try failed (if it was saved by your catcher). Sorry if I'm not answering the question correctly. 😅

Posted (edited)

With unincubated eggs, you'll have to make sure that in addition to turning, it'll also have to hatch during your experiment (whether through views or using 'kill' action). While regular eggs can turn with very little UV, NDs hatch around 100-110 UV. Incubating is helpful in the sense that having someone catch the egg after turning, the incu wears off and the egg gains 1 day, which is quite enough time to give it to hatch. 

Edit: If you mean that you want to run an exp on an unincud egg while it has 1 day left, I personally see no point as the views would be gathered waaaay too slow. It just wouldn't work.

Edited by must_ingel

It's good to see that the science of ND has become so exact. Compared to when I did my last ND experiment back in 2013, this seems to be much less stressful and more successful. :) I am going to try for a male neglected some time in the future and will report on my success or not.

Thanks for the step by step process.

I saw on the guide that Guardians of Nature are like Zyus and thus good candidates for a solo run. However, I already have 2 GoNs so I can only have one more. I suppose if I summon a GoN egg and it succesfully turns Neglected, dies or hatches normal and is abandoned, I will get my GoN slot back? 

8 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

hatches normal and is abandoned

You can't abandon them, you have to release an adult/frozen or kill it if you want a slot back. But yes, if it stops being a GoN or you get rid of the survivor you'll get your GoN slot back once the corpse/GoN is gone.

I'm currently trying a experiment with a Zyu. The TOD is tomorrow and it's at 309/100/1. Is that too much or too little to get it to turn and hatch?

Edit: Died, didn't turn :( It was a s1 crack seconds before death. I think the OV's where too low. It was at 721/125/1 when it died.

Edited by Ginger

Seems almost… blasphemous to say but. Would a staterae work? Not that I will try with anything bar messy ones. 

Itching to try again, only ever made one but it was fun!

4 hours ago, 0x08 said:

Any standard dragon should work. Pygmies, two-headeds and non-dragons won't turn.

Oh, I should clarify! I mean as effectively as using Prizes/Zyus/GONs when using insta hatch methods.

13 hours ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Oh, I should clarify! I mean as effectively as using Prizes/Zyus/GONs when using insta hatch methods.

I don't have data on that unfortunately, but from what little experience I have I believe they're only terrae or brimstone strength at best. I wouldn't recommend it for something hard to breed like staterae.

Just to torture myself before Halloween preparations begin, I've bred and am currently uploading three Zyu's with the 60 uv's needed.  Hope I'm celebrating next weekend!

I set up an egg to convert this Saturday. I followed the very helpful guides. I hope I got it right!

Mine turned out to be a bit of a farce.  The five I was there for - usual 'no chance' luck - , but a rarity for me, life happened and I couldn't be here and three died anyway.

T minus one day and one hour. hooo. The wait is killing me... hopefully it won't kill the dragon. *ba dum tss*

Edited by 0x08
Things that aged poorly

I realized too late that I didn't put the egg in a hatchery that really would have helped me, and well... It didn't make it. 😕

I just got my first Neglected using the Solo run, with a CB zyu. On its first day, I preloaded it with about 85 OV then fogged it. I also used time.is to have it TOD down to a second or two.

Ten minutes before death, I opened a window with: the view page of the egg, its action page, time.is and two tabs of AR from Allure. I copy pasted the egg codes in all boxes of the AR.

I then opened a second window with four hatcheries (Egg drop soup, Valley of Sherwood, Allure, Hatching Club) and two back up hatcheries (DragHatch and Silvi). I put in my scroll name and ticked the “add all” option if available.

Five minutes before hand, I unfogged the egg. Then in the action page, choose Kill and enter the command (so I could attempt force hatching the egg quickly if needed).

At 3min before TOD, I submitted all ARs and the four main hatcheries then refreshed the egg view page. It wasn’t gaining views fast enough, wasn’t even cracking so at 1min before death or so, I quickly opened a third AR tab from Allure and added the egg to the two backup hatcheries as well. 

At this point I was frantically refreshing the egg page and I saw it turned Neglected with a big hole. I thought about using Kill but just refreshed more and with seconds to spare, it hatched. 

Honestly, that was very stressful but also kinda amazing. When the egg turned Neglected, I couldn’t believe my eyes. I hesitated about doing this experiment in the early afternoon in Europe (so morning in the US) when traffic is low but I’m so glad I took the chance. Next time I’ll do the same except I’ll also open the third back up AR page in advance. It might not be necessary at other times of the day but it saved my egg. 

Also a huge thank you to the people who wrote this method. I would never have managed without it.