ComatosedRoses

Everyone's Signatures

I hope its OK I posted this in the Help section. 

I don't know if anyone has noticed but anyone who has a picture in their signature through TinyPic, they have been deleted.

I just figured I would post this here for anyone who doesn't realize this has happened to them and I don't know if its just me seeing them, but this is all I have been seeing the past two days, and I wanted to make a post on it in case the images were important to anyone.

Untitle11d-1.jpg

I’ve noticed them, too. Tinypic closed—they put up a notice a few weeks back stating that they were closing. You (and others) would just need to rehost the image. I hope that helps.

Yes - I want my Hunger Games project one back :( I can't even remember who made it.

It's not just tinypics that causes problems, though. I've seen a couple of photobucket ones that suddenly look all blurry - ARK badges, for example. :( I guess we need to start hosting stuff here.

Photobucket has been pulling that one for AGES now. But it is getting worse, I agree. I host mine elsewhere now - there's a forum I'm on with forumotion,. who have their own image server, and I can add stuff to that. So I do !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

4 hours ago, Solaries said:

I’ve noticed them, too. Tinypic closed—they put up a notice a few weeks back stating that they were closing. You (and others) would just need to rehost the image. I hope that helps.

Oh wow I didn't know they closed. Why? They were good imaging site, but I agree with Brazen and Starbit that Imgur is good too and its not a one time link like Tinypic!

@ComatosedRoses - I think it had something to do with their finances. Imgur is a good one, but I heard something about them not liking their services to be used for forums. However, that was months ago, so it might’ve changed. I use Postimg for all my images.

I hate imgur - no matter what hoops I jump through with permitting more and more scripts, I *still* can't see anything but the right-hand menu on their site.

I refuse to change browsers just because they are too stupid to do it right.

?

I don't see any menus of that type... Just "new post" at the top.... which works - not that I use the place - you just interested me :lol: 

How do you get rid of those silly things?  

1 hour ago, Imzadi said:

How do you get rid of those silly things?  

Do you still have the original images saved to a device, the ones that you put on Tinypic? If so you just need to upload them to another hosting site such as Imgur and put those into your signature, removing the ones that are from Tinypic :)

The trouble is most of them were banners for the forum, taken from the threads. I'm lucky - I had too many images so I made my own with several in, but my Hunger Games lineage one had to go, as I can't source the original :(

WAIT ! Moment of genius - I have some saved threads and behold, the images of  SOME of the missing ones. I can offer these: 

I can look for others....

6fuips.png.a8e9724a637b141e0daaa04dd3a58da6.pngArk.jpg.70bc0b3d65d96ae353345e5ce859bd21.jpgdpfwyc.png.c8560069ec1ec524ab01d03f3a1db772.png370822022_honmention.jpg.b11e7b020353f2fe6d564165622d5dec.jpg

ETA adding this one I s1qiid.png.a7ad733518088d381a917c068490fc6a.png

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Imgur's probably the best host to use. I know you can host things with Discord but they change things so much that I wouldn't rely on it. Alternatively you can make a DeviantArt account and use their image storage system, Sta.sh, which I find it the best host for sprites and such.

I refuse to use Photobucket and stopped using TinyPic years ago.

Ouch, this was an unpleasant surprise. Some project logos I'll never get to see again, I guess, because the people that made them (and had them loaded up to TinyPic) aren't even at the forums any more. 😞

Does anyone still have a working image of the "gentlemanly" TJ easter egg ? The one painted with TJ's logo and wearing a top hat and monocle or some such ?

I have - quite a few saved - though not that one. What others are you after ?

Way late to the topic, but does anyone have a source for the marching characters from one of the older snow adventures, like I have in my sig? I don't know why only two of them glitched but i would love to replace them.