Reinhardt

Possibly an adware?

Hello.

I sincerely apologize to bother, but I’ve met with a rather strange redirecting issue around dragcave.

This morning when I decided to check on my eggs, a rather surprising redirecting happened - apparently it was to one of the “congratulations” sites even though I didn’t click any ad. I instantly switch the tabs (I’m currently on mobile and using Safari) and decide to click on one of my bookmarks to see if the same will happen there, and of course, the whole thing repeated. After that I went in my Safari settings to clean all cookies and cache in hopes that it’ll dissapear. It only dissapeared on the other sites, but still persists on dragcave.

I tried another option and blocked all my cookies and achieved no redirects, but i couldn’t log in even after checking numerous times if I misspelled anything.

Any ideas what this is? Again, this is the first time this ever happened to me on the dragcave site and I’m rather paranoid about things like this.

Thank you for bearing with me!

Try one of the solutions posted in this thread: 

If it doesn't work, please post a screenshot of the ad that's causing the redirect so the ad can be dealt with.

@SkyWolf25 got it, thank you! I was reading the thread a while ago, and hopefully it will work for me as well. If it won’t, I’ll post the screenshots from the redirects (through English isn’t my first language, it’s literally the same ad just in a different languge).

Quick update: I was about to install AdGuard and tried to use dragcave once more, and suddenly there’s no redirecting happening. Such relief! But if it’ll happen again, I’ll make sure to install it.

Edited by Reinhardt

Glad to hear that! 

I'll leave this open for a while longer; if the redirect returns even with AdGuard, post the screenshots in this thread.

I didn’t get any redirect using the AdGuard, however I instantly got redirected to the same site again after turning the block off. But it’s safe to say that using a program that blocks such things fully works!