High Lord November

Balloon Dragon BSA: Float

Definitely support, now that we gotta use eq to get the green cantors. Though I would've supported anyway, had I seen this!

Agreed. With it being how we get one version, this is much more important!

Right now, you can ask forum members to hold on an egg or two for you while you earthquake to get a green Canto. This BSA does something similar so I don't see why we shouldn't have it. If it can only protect 1 egg per two weeks (or even per month), it doesn't seem too overpowered.

6 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

Right now, you can ask forum members to hold on an egg or two for you while you earthquake to get a green Canto. This BSA does something similar so I don't see why we shouldn't have it. If it can only protect 1 egg per two weeks (or even per month), it doesn't seem too overpowered.

I'm not against the suggestion but your argument doesn't work. There is no official way to protect an egg because there can't be communication between scrolls. The current method is a work around using outside resources, of which the forum is one.

Support. I thought I'd already posted here, oops. With the Green Cantors, I support it even more.

@DragonLady86 My point is not about communication between scrolls, just about the end result of two actions. Having another user hold your egg while you Earthquake and using this Float BSA both protect your egg from Earthquake. Why would one find the first method acceptable but be against the second one?

11 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

@DragonLady86 My point is not about communication between scrolls, just about the end result of two actions. Having another user hold your egg while you Earthquake and using this Float BSA both protect your egg from Earthquake. Why would one find the first method acceptable but be against the second one?

Well, the first method is a user-conceived work-around to an in-game feature (much the same way 'AP trading' was never actually intended but users figured out ways to do it before Teleport was a thing). A loophole that users figure out how to do is very different than an in-game deliberate feature. I'm not saying I'm against this suggestion, just that it's really not comparable. 

I still think a BSA implemented to negate the effects of another BSA is a Powerful Thing and should definitely have some limitations to balance it, but yeah, now that green Cantors are a thing this seems a lot more needed. (Personally I think the easiest way to do things would just be to have the BSA last for a short amount of time, maybe an hour or so, during which no actions at all could be performed on the egg, which makes sense because it's floating so not easily accessible to do actions on.)

48 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I still think a BSA implemented to negate the effects of another BSA is a Powerful Thing and should definitely have some limitations to balance it, but yeah, now that green Cantors are a thing this seems a lot more needed.

I completely agree with you ! I have mixed feelings about this, I think the purpose of Earthquake is to be a little dangerous to do, but it would be convenient to have a way to protect the eggs ... Still, I don't know, it feels like asking for a cheat code to me, I really don't know if I support the idea or not. 😅 But it's still very interesting to debate !

1 hour ago, calona said:

I completely agree with you ! I have mixed feelings about this, I think the purpose of Earthquake is to be a little dangerous to do, but it would be convenient to have a way to protect the eggs ... Still, I don't know, it feels like asking for a cheat code to me, I really don't know if I support the idea or not. 😅 But it's still very interesting to debate !

This, rather. I sit on the fence.

2 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

I mentioned communication because that is why asking another user to hold your eggs isn't officially sanctioned. It is as HeatherMarie stated, a loophole.  

If you want to hatch your eggs faster without risking them - then you can just use incubate.

TJ's thoughts on nurture seem to be also partially applicable to float+EQ.

Float:
-is incredibly niche and doesn't do anything by itself;
-makes EQ less unique and interesting in comparison with incubate;
-makes EQ a no-brainer to use;
-allows you to safely hatch some eggs in less than 2 days (I don't think that would be allowed);
-makes EQ a bit even more complex (compared to incubate or influence).

About green cantors: by introducing float you make them less unique and interesting.

@Lost_Unicorn  Not really sure I understand how Incubate is a solution here? This isn't about hatching eggs faster, this is about using Earthquake, especially on *green* Cantors. Incubate does not give green Cantors, only EQ does. Incubate won't help with anything when you *have* to use EQ to get green Cantors. 

Yes, Float is incredibly niche, but I don't agree with the other points. If this is limited to use on *one* egg, with a longer cooldown, it's not going to make EQ a 'no-brainer to use' or 'less interesting'. It's *still* going to be risky, since you'll still be risking the lives of any and all eggs you have minus this one Floated egg. Also, it's *not* going to allow you to 'safely hatch some eggs in less than 2 days', not sure where you are getting that. All other eggs will still be at risk when you use EQ, and the one Floated egg won't be affected by EQ so it's not going to make it hatch or anything. 

Personally I don't think this alone would make green Cantors 'less unique and interesting', they are still going to be the only variant in the entire game that *must* be EQed to get, they are still going to be very difficult and risky and time-intensive to get, this really won't change that at all. Remember, this BSA would *negate* EQ-effects, which means you *wouldn't* use it on Cantor eggs you wanted to be green.

Well, the BSA would be pretty useless until you got a green dragon... But still could be useful. Although there's less of a risk as people can just use multiple Balloons to protect their eggs...

3 hours ago, Scarlet_claw said:

Well, the BSA would be pretty useless until you got a green dragon... But still could be useful. Although there's less of a risk as people can just use multiple Balloons to protect their eggs...

I thought it was understood that you could *only* use it on one egg at a time (ie, no matter how many Balloons you have there could only be 1 egg Floated at a time), but looking back I don't actually see that explicitly stated. I definitely think that needs to be a thing though, either only 1 egg Floated at a time or maybe 2 eggs, but definitely needs to be limited so people aren't just Floating most of their eggs every time, that would indeed make this way too powerful.

Might be easiest to just make it a BSA that has a scroll-wide cooldown rather than individual dragon cooldown.

Even if it were a very short cooldown, you'd still only be able to use it once each time you wanted to.

Given that we have another alt that requires Earthquake, i really think this should be added even if heavily restricted in some form.

Please. Please please please??  I don't care what the restrictions are, give it a super-long cooldown, only 1 egg at a time, I really don't care, having *two* breed-variants that *require* an action that often causes death is just entirely too much. Honestly I'd love for EQ itself to simply be tweaked to have less of a kill-rate, but if having a BSA is more likely than Yes Please. 

No longer of the opinion this should be strongly restricted.

Go ahead and make it so that you can float as many eggs as you have at a time as long as you have enough Balloons.  Give 'em like a week cooldown between, too, rather than 2 weeks.

If they're gonna force EQ alts on us, better give us a way to mitigate the entire reason it's a largely ignored BSA in the first place.

Thinking about it - I'll agree with others that if this was implemented, there would need to be a limit on it to keep the challenge/risk elements.

The way I see potential limits:

1. Only one egg can be floated at a time, scroll wide cool down [lore reason - Balloon dragons aren't the most adept with magic so it takes multiple* to float one egg]

*Can be done with just one, again multiple is just for flavor/lore text

2. More than one egg can be floated BUT an egg can only be floated once [lore reason - the shell can't withstand the altered gravity effect]

With both of these, the risk is still there for eggs that are not floated IF the first EQ attempt doesn't produce the desired result. A further limiter that could be added is that;

Floated egg(s) drop after EQ is used [lore reason: Balloon dragon lost focus after the earthquake hit]

TL/DR: Support if added with limits

4 hours ago, KageSora said:

No longer of the opinion this should be strongly restricted.

Go ahead and make it so that you can float as many eggs as you have at a time as long as you have enough Balloons.  Give 'em like a week cooldown between, too, rather than 2 weeks.

If they're gonna force EQ alts on us, better give us a way to mitigate the entire reason it's a largely ignored BSA in the first place.

Came here to say exactly this.

Support. I was testing EQ for the new toothpaste release and had to risk possibly killing the volcano release in the process.  Luckily it survived. This would be helpful for times we don't want to/can't reach out to have someone hold an egg for us or don't want to abandon what we have.

Support, even more now that we have another alt.

Some thoughts:

- love the idea of Balloons getting a BSA! they definitely seem like a forgotten oldie breed that could use some spotlight. they're so fun. the concept would go so well with them.

- this seems to be the exact type of niche BSA that can't really be exploited and stacked.

- another issue here is how kill is only 5 slots and how EQ fills those up. either kill should be raised (which i know it won't be) or EQ needs to be reworked to either have less kill chance or not fill kill slots (both also unrealistic). with float, it at least somewhat negates the need to raise kill slots or rework EQ kill chance without touching both mechanics directly. still not ideal (in a perfect world we wouldn't have just 5 kill slots lol) but it's a small move towards making EQ more accessible. 

I really dislike Earthquake as a BSA. I have never used it. What's the point of it? It gives you a chance of hatching eggs faster, but you can accomplish that with Incubate without the risk of killing them, and Incubate only targets the eggs you want.

6 hours ago, KageSora said:

My thoughts exactly.