TJ09

2019-09-01 - September Dragon Release

Wait, for 3 seconds I saw the descriptions of the new eggs. My mind do not react very quickly and my fingers don´t klick and so they are away. ^^

41 minutes ago, Firebirdwyvern said:

Still no luck, and I even tried that F5 trick. The eggs are nice, but this is getting frustrating. As all releases have recently been. 

Since eggs "come in" from the right, it's best to target the rightmost egg. And, yes, rapidly hitting F5 and clicking on the egg (while holding CTRL) as soon as the page loaded usually works. The CTRL trick (at least for windows) opens the link in a new tab, so you can just hit F5 again to repeat the cycle. Check what you got *after* all eggs of the drop are gone, this saves you a lot of time for hunting.

Compared to some of my first releases, this was easy. I spent hours trying to catch Marrows - and couldn't get any until there was a 2nd row of eggs in the cave. These took me around 4 or 5 5-minute drops to catch. And I can now catch twice as many eggs as I could back then. Same thing with Sweetlings.

3 minutes ago, Laurelin said:

Are the new ones only in the coast biome? Cause the other biomes are empty as well.

Just coast - the others are empty because the ratios are telling the cave 'there's waaaaay too few new guys, don't make anything else until there's more new guys on site'.

Edited by FiveSix

I think I like the regular dragon hatchling better, it looks really cute while the pygmy's color is a little... too much if you ask me. A bit too bright, makes it look a little sunburnt like what Tjekan said. But I don't dislike it either, I hope they both grow up to be pretty. :)

Last chance for me to catch them in 10 minutes. Than its time to go to bed in my timezone. Pretty hard to catch. So many people inthe biome to catch an my old lady PC is very slow. ^^

Well. So good night DC. ^^

I caught three of the large and two of the pygmies.  Could catch more, but I would have to abandon some eggs I really don't want to right now.  It wasn't as hard as I'd feared, especially as my internet is kind of cruddy.

I think a lot of the problem is that it came in the middle of the day on a holiday weekend(at least in the US), when a lot of people are home. 

Edited by Nectaris

Well, it did finally work. I got the normal dragon egg at least. Just need the pygmy now. 

But man, can't wait for this new movie to come out.

So, uh, is anyone else thinking 'omg same!' with both hatchling descriptions?

Pygmy: It bites and headbutts when bothered.

Regular:  While most often helpful, it easily gets upset and sulky.

Like, I'm not a huge meme-user, but this really feels like all that stuff I see where people are like joking 'omg I feel so attacked!' and 'same!' and everything. Anyone else? Just me? ^_^

2 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Is there any shading on the pygmy?

It looks kinda flat compared to the other one.

But I loooove them being so pink. ❤️

I can see some shading on the pygmy's legs. I think it's simply because most of the sprite is "in the light"

9 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

So, uh, is anyone else thinking 'omg same!' with both hatchling descriptions?

Pygmy: It bites and headbutts when bothered.

Regular:  While most often helpful, it easily gets upset and sulky.

Like, I'm not a huge meme-user, but this really feels like all that stuff I see where people are like joking 'omg I feel so attacked!' and 'same!' and everything. Anyone else? Just me? ^_^

LOL! I love it. We have fussy hatchies! ❤️

6 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Is there any shading on the pygmy?

It looks kinda flat compared to the other one.

But I loooove them being so pink. ❤️

Yes, it's definitely shaded. But it's not easy working with a sprite so small, you need to use really high contrast to make the shading obvious. However, high contrast comes with other problems - thing looking too pixellated, lack of smooth color shifts and the like.

Watch out... Someone is providing unwanted 'help' again! Just had to hide my scroll & remove my dragons from numerous click sites.