TJ09

2019-09-01 - September Dragon Release

2 hours ago, Marrionetta said:

Smol, penk, angry, will fite. Mood.

XD Love this!

o.o Both dragons are pink, grumpy beach-dwellers.  Both spriters' names start with M and end with a vowel.  It could hardly be more perfectly aligned without them being the same dragon.

45 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

I think what makes the male coral pygmy look odd is that there isn't any momentum to suggest a headbutt.

Its much, much better if you assume what you're looking at is a dragon thats saying "screw yooooou ground!!!" and is in fact, about to headbutt the ground. Its my fav of the two because thats what Im seeing. The lady Pygmy is over there bout to start a legit headbutt fight with a shark, but her guy tripped and is blaming Ground.

Edited by bloodyneptune

..... The Tercorn. Oh my flipping goodness. *stares at it*

..... *just STARES AT IT* 

I honestly don't know what to say? I mean, it's perfect. It's PERFECT. *watches all objectiveness fly out the window* It's just... It's so soft-colored, and pink and purple and it just looks so warm and cuddly and sweet and absolutely gorgeous and the colors and shading are just totally perfect and LOOK AT IT!!! It's perfect, it's wonderful, it's awesome and I want a bajillion of them!

*sudden thought* Uh oh, I've been dedicating most of my slots to Aqualises for months now.... Do I dare switch gears and start another army with these amazing Tercorns??

2 minutes ago, bloodyneptune said:

Its much, much better if you assume what you're looking at is a dragon thats saying "screw yooooou ground!!!" and is in fact, about to headbutt the ground. Its my fav of the two because thats what Im seeing. The lady Pygmy is over there bout to start a legit headbutt fight with a shark, but her guy tripped and is blaming Ground.

omg thanks for the laugh! That's a great way to see it!

I'm so glad these two were released! Pink is usually far from my favourite colour, but it looks amazing on the Tercorns and Coral Pygmies. :wub:

Would love to crossbreed the tercorn with male aqualis to make a cool checker but their lineage tile is pretty disappointing, it's basically just a head-shot.

The Tercorn Dragons are the first of my own concepts and my first "regular" dragon breed that made it in-cave. If the sprites of the S1 hatchling and adult are slightly familiar-looking to anyone, that's possibly right. These are the updated Frill-Gill Dragons, my axolotl-inspired Dragon Request from about five years ago. After their rejection I decided to attempt a substantial update, and over the span of multiple years they changed immensely. While the S2 hatchling sprite is a new one, the sprites of the S1 hatchling and adult are direct updates from my old sprites.

Many, many thanks to the kind persons who helped me with feedback, suggestions and advice, you probably know who you are. Without that help, I don't think they would ever have gotten in-cave. ❤️

1 hour ago, tjekan said:

Shouldn't it be "tricorn"? I guess Latin is not the favorite subject of grouchy sea dragons. 😉

My intention for the name was that it reminds of "three-horned" but has a certain peculiarity to it, not sounding too much like Tri-Horn Wyvern or necessarily being the accurate translation of "three-horned" in another language. :3

Last of all, congratulations, Marri, for the release of the Coral Pygmy Wyverns! I'm very excited to start building pretty lineages with them. :D

Tercorns are so gorgeous. I love them so much. You're an inspiration, Mewtie 💞 Them spunky cotton candy pygmies are pretty dang neat too. Nice colors.

I love the angry pink pygmies!  Just think of a lineage with misfits of the red wyrms!  Great colors and poses!  I love the Tercrons, too--this is a fun release!

OMG THOSE TERCORN DRAGONS ARE GLORIOUS!!!! I might have a new favorite breed! 

tumblr_p24hj5hNhO1v1f7f2o1_400.gif

Sooo many lineage ideas! So many amazing pairs.

The coastal Xeno's the Valentine dragons (Looking at you Sweetlings and Mutamores, omg rose buds too!)

Black dragons, Blusangs, Coppers, Frills, Daydreams, witchlights, waterhorse, water dragons, silvers, golds, just.... ahhhhh!!!!

I love both, but those Tercorns just..... OMG!!! Def my fav!

they look very nice and sweet, thanks to the spriters. but like the last time, i don't like releases during the week... XD not that would anyone care.

The hatcheries are looking a lot like Valentines with all the pink eggs and hatchies!🥰

Lovely batch of dragons this time around, I love the pygmies so much, they really look muscular and ready to fight 😊

I really really dislike pink. But these two dragons... absolutely beautiful 😍

And yet another release with pygmies... Is this a clue for the upcoming Halloween release? Might we get another holiday-pygmy-mate, ten years after the Pumpkins?

Holy moly, the Tercorns are beautiful! I don't even particularly care for pink and I think these are one of my favorite dragons. They're just so elegant. And the pygmies are super cute.

4 hours ago, lamel said:

they look very nice and sweet, thanks to the spriters. but like the last time, i don't like releases during the week... XD not that would anyone care.

But they were released on sunday!

2 hours ago, Gluria said:

But they were released on sunday!

Depends on where in the world you are.  Sunday noon cave-time is already Monday in other parts of the world.

Cute release, thanks TJ and spriters.

36 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Depends on where in the world you are.  Sunday noon cave-time is already Monday in other parts of the world.

Yes. With the normal releases at midnight, it's 6am in the morning in germany.

Time to get up early. :D

This time it was 6pm in the evening, that's okay for catching. :)

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

I love them!! Those have to be my most favorite pygmies yet and the sprite work on the Tercorn is gorgeous 😍😍

8 minutes ago, Marrionetta said:

I hear Mewtie’s new breed gets sick at picnics. It’s probably allergic tercorn.

Groan. 😆