TJ09

2019-09-01 - September Dragon Release

9 minutes ago, Mewtie said:

The male Coral Pygmy Wyvern headbutts and its far wing is on the ground for support. Since the wing is on the ground and we see the dragon from the side, it looks flat on the bottom edge. :3

Oh, alright. Thanks for the clarification! :D

And now we got the female too. That looks a lot better! :D I like how she's doing a "come at me, bro"-kind of pose, it's cute.

Edited by Sazandora

They are so pink and I love them!

The lighting on the Tercorn is gorgeous *_* and I have a new favorite Pygmy...

They are, unsurprisingly, difficult to integrate into human society.

These dragons are a+. Love them! Great job spriters!

I also really like the Tercorns, bur the Corals really take the cake here. They're like ... me.

6 minutes ago, Gluria said:

These dragons are a+. Love them! Great job spriters!

I also really like the Tercorns, bur the Corals really take the cake here. They're like ... me.

Smol, penk, angry, will fite. Mood.

36 minutes ago, Meh said:

Tercorn reminded me of one of the Monster Huner creatures, now it reminds me of it even more:)

They remind me of Mizutsune! :)

Now that the Coral Pygmies have grown up, I must say... wow! Nasty little f-word-ers, but very cool looking. Definitely something I'm going to collect. :) 

Wow, amazing release! I'm in love with those Tercorns, and those pygmies are so refreshing with the interesting poses. Thank you both spriters and TJ, I'll be excited to see what everyone pairs up with them

I love both of them! That was a great release and I can't wait to collect more from both.

Very pink. Very pretty. I'm liking both of these. I like the male pygmy better now that I read Mewtie's explanation of his pose, although I still like the fierce look of the female a bit better.

Thank you, Marri and Mewtie for two excellent additions to the cave. :)

Thanks, TJ for adding these two lovlies. Wonder if we will get a late September release, too, since this one came on the 1st. It's a long time until Halloween! I think there is a precedent somewhere for two releases in one month.

Now that the adults are appearing, my only complaint, so to speak, in the image of the male Coral Wyvern is in the apparently cut-off right wing in the image...  I would think that the image should be who**..., excuse me, I meant 'whole'...

Other than that, I like both of the new Dragons...

Thank you Spriters...

I think something's amiss with the male Coral Pygmy as well.

Screenshot_20190904-183318.png.4d55b3ef081c059e03e3989fc6e5e6f6.png

Seems a bit rotated wrong and cut off at the left wing.  (Or he's eaten some really bad shrimp, and keeled-over!😆)

Screenshot_20190904-183318.png.40aa15e3e49ca19cd78faf34e572d01b.png

Little better...

Edited by jerzeeshadow

Shouldn't it be "tricorn"? I guess Latin is not the favorite subject of grouchy sea dragons. 😉

16 minutes ago, jerzeeshadow said:

I think something's amiss with the male Coral Pygmy as well.

Seems a bit rotated wrong and cut off at the left wing.  (Or he's eaten some really bad shrimp, and keeled-over!😆)

The spriter's explanation is that he's supposed to be in sort of a three-point stance the better to headbutt you with. I like the shrimp explanation, though. XD  I think it makes him look kind of drunk, personally--which also fits with the random headbutting thing. My male corals will probably have... interesting names...

Congrats to the artists! Nice pink additions to the Cave. :)

Edited by missy_

The Tercorn colors are so soft and stunning, and I LOVE the pygmies' attitudes!

Nice job, spriters.

I love the new dragon's design, they may be westerns strictly speaking (kinda like radiant angels) but i'm glad that they went for a more eastern look and i'll definitely think of them as one. They're really, really pretty.

I also like their personalities quite a bit, they're really nice but they aren't perfect. Most benevolent dragons are basically flawless paragons of niceness and that's super boring and overdone, giving them more than that makes their personalities more memorable and interesting. Not only that but the flaw is out and proud rather than hidden away in the deep lore, it's an integral part of the breed's identity.

As for the new pygmies I find their final design kinda bland but not bad, the colors are nice and the males look kinda cool. It's really nice to have a new non-western pygmy.

I like their personalities quite a bit.  A solid portion of the DC dragons should be aggressive IMO, not all, not even the majority but there should be a fair amount of dangerous dragons to balance things out. And they're really well made in a similar vein as the other breed, they aren't all "RAWR, I'M LORD EXPLOSION-MURDER" but they're still dangerous, unfriendly, and hard to tame.

This is a great release overall!

Ohmygosh! The Tercorns are adorable. @_@ Just look at those big paws and the softness! And the description, eee. Tercorn x Arsani OTP! ❤️

I think what makes the male coral pygmy look odd is that there isn't any momentum to suggest a headbutt. If he were thrusting himself forward to butt you, the wing on the ground wouldn't be at a forward angle, or it would also be off the ground. Note that the hindlimbs are stretched backward, so he isn't coiled and ready to strike either. If the grounded limbs are oriented like this /---\, there isn't any potential for the body to stretch or jump. It would be a very stable position if all four limbs were on the ground, and the stretched wing further removes the headbutting look by making the only potential movement a sideways tip. If you look at pictures of goats or bucks butting, they only go into this dragon's pose (minus the up wing) when they're head-to-head with an opponent... but there is no other dragon on the other side of his horns. So to me the sprite looks most like he's trying to intimidate a predator or rival by showing his horns and stretching his wing so he looks bigger. I actually rather like the pose after analyzing it. xP

The female coral pygmy has a strong and effective pose, she looks ready to fight. :D And the shading on the Tercorn is lovely.

PS: Hey Jojo fans, check out my Tercorn's code XD

Edited by cbussiere

So beautiful :') great bday dragons for me as i love pink, i bought a pink hoodie today x)

Both dragons are so beautiful. :)  The colors and everything about them are just gorgeous. Thank you Marrionetta and Mewtie for the most gorgeous dragons. They are fabulous. :wub: