InfiniteGalaxiezz05

Fanfiction

(Someone tell me if this is in the wrong section)

Anyone here read/write fanfiction? I'm currently working on 2 of them, if anyone wanted to know :) 

Discuss your favorites, and if you're working on any currently here!

This is in the wrong section, since you asked.

There's a fanfiction thread in the general Multimedia section.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 6:36 PM, catstaff said:

This is in the wrong section, since you asked.

There's a fanfiction thread in the general Multimedia section.

Oh, oops. 

Most of my literary intake is fanfiction.

I know, I know, "you should read more published books!" "Fanfiction is such lazy writing!" (May it be said that I *HEAVILY* disagree with that point but anyhow,) but fanfiction provides a sort of freedom in reading that published books do not.

They are generally shorter and take less of a commitment, I have finished very few books in my life, simply because I lose interest too quickly. I have a very bad habit of picking things up, obsessing over them for days, and then forgetting they ever existed. Fanfiction provides a sort of middle ground for that.

I am mostly enslaved to fanworks under Undertale- (please don't judge). Something about the story and the characters have kept me ensnared for the last three years. (I am particularly attached to the character; Doctor Gaster...)

I appreciate that fanfiction has become more accepted these days. It holds a true place in literacy; and the personal journey of any writer.

I have attempted making my own works... none have come very far, unfortunately.