Mulan

more action to dragons

more action to dragons, like give love to our dragon or hatchling ???

take care, give food, and  play with hatchling ???^^ or etc.....

just my suggestion^^

I can see the reason for this from an entertainment standpoint, but I don't think this will really improve game play. This is more of a laid back "collecting" game. Your scroll is essentially your artistic interpretation of dragons that you see.

If your dragon doesn't die, you've taken care of it. You can imagine clicks and views are like playing and feeding your hatchlings. Really, outside of the seasonal mini games that we have, players are meant to rely on their imaginations for additional interaction.

Also, as an aside, I'm busy-ish in real life and it would be super tedious for me to make time for doing any additional dragon actions. Not everyone has time for all kinds of game interaction.

ahh yeah, viewing  are like feeding our hatchlings & take care eggs^^.

and "give love" action to our adult dragon, this would be great, i think^^

@Mulan What for? What would "give love" accomplish? Why would you want to do that to all the thousands of dragons you'll eventually own? There are some scrolls with dragons numbering in the five digits, so more than 10,000 dragons.

Part of the appeal of DC is that adults don't need any attention and you can just collect them without having to constantly be 'feeding' the ones you've already collected. Kinda why I got bored of FR, it was too tedious.

5 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Part of the appeal of DC is that adults don't need any attention and you can just collect them without having to constantly be 'feeding' the ones you've already collected. Kinda why I got bored of FR, it was too tedious.

Completely agree! I've been on DC for a loooong time, and I've seen this topic discussed many times before. One of the things always pointed out is that DC is not a 'petsite' in the way most other games are, we don't have to 'feed' our dragons (or groom, or battle, or pet, or whatever). And many people love DC exactly for that reason. It's simplicity is one of the reasons I like this game and have stuck around for 10+ years. DC is a collecting game, not a pet game, and I like it that way.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Completely agree! I've been on DC for a loooong time, and I've seen this topic discussed many times before. One of the things always pointed out is that DC is not a 'petsite' in the way most other games are, we don't have to 'feed' our dragons (or groom, or battle, or pet, or whatever). And many people love DC exactly for that reason. It's simplicity is one of the reasons I like this game and have stuck around for 10+ years. DC is a collecting game, not a pet game, and I like it that way.

I could not have said it better.

@Mulan I know you are not new here, so I am wondering why you feel the need for something like this.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

I could not have said it better.

@Mulan I know you are not new here, so I am wondering why you feel the need for something like this.

it's better than "killing" action

killing is not good

@Mulan Killing is strictly limited.

You can still breed all of your dragons every week. That's good, isn't it?

Some dragons have BSAs. Shallow Waters can use theirs every 24 hours, isn't that something for you?

3 minutes ago, olympe said:

@Mulan Killing is strictly limited.

You can still breed all of your dragons every week. That's good, isn't it?

Some dragons have BSAs. Shallow Waters can use theirs every 24 hours, isn't that something for you?

I didn't come here for a long time, so I don't know any new dragon.

i just came back and collect dragons and when i click on action & see "kill" action..

why have "kill" action ???

It's for those people who want to get rid of dragons they no longer want to keep. Or to make zombies. I know releasing is a more "humane" thing to do, but then again these are lifeless pixels; they don't have real feelings.

On-topic, I know DC is a pretty passive game and I'd love to have something to do while waiting for stuff to hatch and grow up and all that. But maybe it's not all bad, you're free to go away from keyboard for long periods of time with nothing bad happening for it.

kill dragon to make a zombies ??? for collecting a zombies........hmmm.........

Edited by Mulan

For more information on zombies:

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Undead_Dragon

Some people acively killed dragons to create so-called dead-lines. Especially back in the day when Tinsels were still very hard to get by, and long-lined to boot.

Also, regarding "new dragons" - the Shallow Waters were from 2010, I think. Maybe 2011 at the latest. (I'm too lazy to look it up.)

23 minutes ago, olympe said:

For more information on zombies:

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Undead_Dragon

Some people acively killed dragons to create so-called dead-lines. Especially back in the day when Tinsels were still very hard to get by, and long-lined to boot.

Also, regarding "new dragons" - the Shallow Waters were from 2010, I think. Maybe 2011 at the latest. (I'm too lazy to look it up.)

thank you^^

Theoretically this idea could be implemented without making it mandatory or necessary. It'd be difficult, given you'd probably want to provide a reason to do so in the first place, but not one that would be too great of a reward that would make it feel necessary to do like how flightrising is set up. I think it'd be nice, provided you can find that middle ground. 

I wouldn't really mind having some of those things added as long as they are not required for game play so I wouldn't be obligated to play with my dragons for instance -- not something I have any desire to do. With over 10,000 grown dragons on my scroll I really wouldn't have time to interact with them, feed them, etc. I expect them to be self-sufficient once they are grown! XD

Perhaps as a small way to increase shards for those who are very new and/or have restrictive playstyles regarding catching or breeding and rarely hit the max? Little more than flavor text but with a use regardless?

Edited by Shadowdrake

I can see doing this to tie into a trophy, but not as a must-have mechanic for keeping our dragons happy.

3 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Perhaps as a small way to increase shards for those who are very new and/or have restrictive playstyles regarding catching or breeding and rarely hit the max? Little more than flavor text but with a use regardless?

This, I could actually support. 1 shard for 1 pet, available every 24 hours for every adult and frozen hatchling on your scroll?

I imagined that if we have "give love" action to our dragons, what it will look like ??

our dragons would be so happy happy ^^ heeeee-heeeee

Sorry for my English ^^

As others have said, if this wasn't mandatory, I could definitely enjoy it as a fun little thing. Actions that are by no means necessary to its growth or survival, but are simply a small extra feature, like petting, feeding, observing.

Add some varying flavour texts, such as "the hatchling/[name] happily nibbles at your fingers as you attempt to pet its head", or "as it/[name] sees the treat in your hand, it flaps its wings in excitement", and "you watch [name] from afar as it leaps in the air, attempting to catch flies" and I can see this being adorable - a way to add more flavour and help give hatchlings some added personality to those who would enjoy that sort of thing!

Actually, observing could be another/different bonus to the feature. There are quite a few breeds in the encyclopedia which need a large amount of dragons raised or observed, and adding one observation per interaction would allow long-time players to get some use out of it too, esp if they have lots of dragons who were raised before the encyclopedia and thus need to unlock it the hard way. Allowing relatively frequent interactions is more useful than the once per month per dragon limit on observing your own dragons.

2 hours ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

As others have said, if this wasn't mandatory, I could definitely enjoy it as a fun little thing. Actions that are by no means necessary to its growth or survival, but are simply a small extra feature, like petting, feeding, observing.

Add some varying flavour texts, such as "the hatchling/[name] happily nibbles at your fingers as you attempt to pet its head", or "as it/[name] sees the treat in your hand, it flaps its wings in excitement", and "you watch [name] from afar as it leaps in the air, attempting to catch flies" and I can see this being adorable - a way to add more flavour and help give hatchlings some added personality to those who would enjoy that sort of thing!

this is adorable ^^ cute ^^

4 hours ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

"as it/[name] sees the treat in your hand, it flaps its wings in excitement"

Would work especially well with magmas, dorsals, silvers, xenos... ;) 

4 minutes ago, olympe said:

Would work especially well with magmas, dorsals, silvers, xenos... ;) 

Obviously it would only apply to dragons with wings ^^;