darkladyselenity

Grouping On Mobile

So I'm back on DC after a six year hiatus. I only have a mobile device, with no access to a desktop.

Is there any way to add multiple dragons that are of different breeds to a group on mobile? For example, all my caveborn dragons have CB at the end of their names. Is there an option to add all dragons with that in their name on moblie, or am I stuck having to add one at a time?

I will preface this with I don't use mobile terribly often, so I could have missed something. However, I tried everything I can think of to multi-select dragons to add to a group: double-tap, hold tap, tapping multiple in succession, tapping two dragons at once, tap and drag. Nothing worked, so I do not believe there is a way to multi-select on mobile, unless I missed something.

On computer to select multiple is ctrl+click or shift+click, and I would have thought that hold-tap on a phone would be able to have a similar functionality, but it did not. I also did some searching on the forum and did not find an answer.

Looks like you may have to add them individually unless you're able to get access to a computer, sorry. :(

It may be easiest to add each dragon from their view page after you've created your group. Have your scroll open in one tab and open each dragon you need in a different tab, add to group, then close that tab. It will still be pretty tedious but maybe a little quicker than through the add to group page. Good luck!

7 hours ago, Rainstarkitty said:

I will preface this with I don't use mobile terribly often, so I could have missed something. However, I tried everything I can think of to multi-select dragons to add to a group: double-tap, hold tap, tapping multiple in succession, tapping two dragons at once, tap and drag. Nothing worked, so I do not believe there is a way to multi-select on mobile, unless I missed something.

On computer to select multiple is ctrl+click or shift+click, and I would have thought that hold-tap on a phone would be able to have a similar functionality, but it did not. I also did some searching on the forum and did not find an answer.

Looks like you may have to add them individually unless you're able to get access to a computer, sorry. :(

It may be easiest to add each dragon from their view page after you've created your group. Have your scroll open in one tab and open each dragon you need in a different tab, add to group, then close that tab. It will still be pretty tedious but maybe a little quicker than through the add to group page. Good luck!

Yeah... when I want to group/ sort dragons, I generally don't use my mobile devices... fine for HUNTING and HATCHING but... a pain for  sorting. :) Just my observation.

THOUGH I should clarify that with I don't FREQUENTLY use my mobile to access this site, so I MAY just not know how.

Edited by JavaTigress

Yeah, just don't have a need for a desktop in my house. We had one, but we never used it, so we sold it. 

The mobile way is tedious, but if it's the only way, then oh well. Lol

18 hours ago, darkladyselenity said:

Yeah, just don't have a need for a desktop in my house. We had one, but we never used it, so we sold it. 

The mobile way is tedious, but if it's the only way, then oh well. Lol

Yeah... and BECAUSE there ARE those that primarily... or even ONLY... use mobile, it would be nice if sorting worked more smoothly there.