Natayah

Players Breeding & Clearing the AP

PLAYER ORGANIZED/RUN BREEDING, HATCHING, CLEARING & OTHER EVENTS FOR AP

Starting as a General Thread where all Players Community can announce, organize, suggest, share, work together and/or by themselves to organize activities, events, etc. related to Breeding, Hatching, Clearing, Gathering/Collecting, Regifting, Creating, etc. Dragons from the AP for any reason/purpose within a few guidelines. The purpose is to encourage positive action that benefits the game & community at large. The actions do not need to be "positive" for all players at all times, because there are so many players, styles, and activities.

Basic Thread Rules

1. Negativity is Not Allowed in this Thread. If you do not think someone's suggestion for an activity is the best, you can make one of your own you feel is better. We can do multiple things at once! This Thread is ALSO NOT for posting your opinions on Breeding, Players & Styles, AP, Game Suggestions, etc. Also no Posting Teleports.

2. This thread is about action, not opinion. Please make your postings about doing or requesting or suggesting action/activity.

3. If your idea becomes popular and/or regular, please consider spinning it off into its own thread! 

BREEDING ACTIVITY RULES

1. If you want to Propose/Request more Breeding, please try to list it at least 2-3 breeds minimum. The Exception to this would be Special "Holiday/Event Themed" (Usually Annual) Events like Breeding Brutes for the Ides of March. We want the Breeding Suggestions to have a few dragon options via breeds listed or theme listed.

2. You can announce your intent to breed, collect, create, etc. a Specific Type of Dragon Breed (to encourage others to join in), or use this as a place to springboard your own thread/event idea. You can freely discuss and solicit feedback on your ideas for breeding/clearing activities/events.

(Some Popular Themes are often BSA's, Commons, Seasonal/Various Holiday Themes, Types of Dragons {i.e. - Drakes, Two-Head, Lindwyrm, etc.}, Hybrids/Alts, Sparkly/Rare Dragons, Patterned Lineages, Codes, Color Themes, etc.)

3. Try to Focus on Quality Lineages that people are more likely to Keep. Thus "messy lines", while not forbidden, are often less likely to find a good home. Do not Create a "Messy/Inbred" Themed Breeding Event, please do not make this the primary focus of any event organized here. 

Clearing the AP and/or Hatching Activity Rules:

1. You can organize "clearing" events that could potentially kill dragons if it is for a purpose and/or creation of another Dragon. Attempts to create Vampires and/or Zombies are allowed.  ND's cannot be discussed on the Forums nor in this Thread. You cannot suggest actions that lead to randomly killing dragons for no purpose and/or releasing to the Wild. This includes "Clearing" via using the BSA Earthquake. 

2. It is, however fine to comment that you are organizing a "clearing event" for any AP Backup of a particular breed, lineage (including messy), etc.  All hatchlings will always find a home. You can comment that there are lots of XYZ type dragon in the AP and thus you want to organize a clearing event in general, or encourage a specific goal, like regifting, making vampires, etcl! We will always 100% Support Clearing Events that support the above. Always OK to Release Back to the AP.

Edited by Natayah

UPCOMING BREEDING EVENTS:

8/31/2019 - Breeding All Prizes to Celebrate Osean's Birthday & Send Shiny Gifts to the AP!

Edited by Natayah

I know players joke about these sorts of things, but I wouldn't mind organizing a spriter's altkin or a Thuwed massbreed. Right now, I mostly just breed all of mine and give them away. 

I would agree with this. I sometimes forget to breed mine, breed them to the AP when I remember, or donate them to various raffles when I remember and it is on theme. If you want to do it sooner rather than later, maybe at first a separate Thuwed vs Spriters Alts just because there is a Spriters Alt Raffle that happens, and perhaps if we combo the next date is for the Next Spriter's Alt Raffle is, and have everyone breed anything that would fall outside of that, and/or overlay their time periods so they can make their "donation" breedings, and then just breed everything else to the AP.

I think Rosa would probably be happy to potentially partner up on this because she sometimes get almost close to too many donations on Spriters Alts donations and has to tighten the restrictions at times, so it might be more fun for everyone if they had a day where they could donate to a raffle, and also breed all their other nice spriters alts lines and either FFA/Two Way Teleport Gift to Forums, Breed to AP, etc. And Thuwed would be just as valid to throw in at the same time as those as you want. I just don't remember the timing for her next raffle!

I am on board with this! I don't breed, but I'll gladly grab to tear down walls!

12 hours ago, Natayah said:

I would agree with this. I sometimes forget to breed mine, breed them to the AP when I remember, or donate them to various raffles when I remember and it is on theme. If you want to do it sooner rather than later, maybe at first a separate Thuwed vs Spriters Alts just because there is a Spriters Alt Raffle that happens, and perhaps if we combo the next date is for the Next Spriter's Alt Raffle is, and have everyone breed anything that would fall outside of that, and/or overlay their time periods so they can make their "donation" breedings, and then just breed everything else to the AP.

I think Rosa would probably be happy to potentially partner up on this because she sometimes get almost close to too many donations on Spriters Alts donations and has to tighten the restrictions at times, so it might be more fun for everyone if they had a day where they could donate to a raffle, and also breed all their other nice spriters alts lines and either FFA/Two Way Teleport Gift to Forums, Breed to AP, etc. And Thuwed would be just as valid to throw in at the same time as those as you want. I just don't remember the timing for her next raffle!

If I do them, I'll probably do them separately since people are often looking for different things and need time to plan. 

I support either way. Set some dates and we'll post them in the reserved posts. I can do this for themed or focused events/activities for breeding or clearing if we set dates in advance. 

However, don't ever let that stop anyone from spur of the moment impromptu ones. Just post!

3 hours ago, wheeloftime13 said:

I would like to have a mass breed of Moonstones on September 13 for my birthday.

Id like to contribute to this :) I only have six cave borns currently but I'm sure every little bit counts. I’ll try catching some more in the mean time. I love the female sprites. I dont know why I dont have more. ( Thinks of growing Monarch/ Black army... ah yes XD )

Actually I wanted to do something anyone for Sept 13 as, even though its been over a half of a year, this will be our first Friday the Thirteenth of the year, which is officially "Blame Someone Else Day" and I thought there might be a lot of fun themes and such to do with that. So I think cobbling a few varieties, a few themes, and a few fun bits to make it fun, because unfortunately, this time of year can be sad for a large portion of our players, and Friday the 13th is always a "SCARY" day to some people.... it might also be a fun day to have a "Clearing Coven" go out and look at clearing some AP Space by attempting to Create some Friday the 13th Vampires!! Cuz I know I'd love one myself and would be eager to grab or even trade for one!!

So let's think of some ideas of what you'd like to see, and have a full weekend starting on Friday to have some fun with what is supposed to be a very sad and/or scary weekend, and lighten the mood a bit, or at least have a bit of fun. Or if you don't want to have fun, at least give you something to do!!!

So if you want to suggest some breeds and/or themes, I'm all ears. I'm actually more like all heads since I have two of them, but if Hollies, especially Two Headed Hollies have ears, maybe I have four (OR MORE - What do you know about Two-Headed Holly Biology... Cuz I'm not tellin.....).... Guess you'll have to speculate!

AP Time is back above 5 days, and concerns about breeding and "the Void" have been gone for at least 11 or more days, and TJ has closed the Help Thread about the Reported Bug. So.... might be a good time to consider to start your breeding hobbies again. If you are so inclined to help lower AP times. Since it is above 5 days, why don't you post and suggest some breeds, themes, types, etc. you would like to see people breeding.

Edited by Natayah

Good idea. Ill start off. I love Dark colors (ex: Spiritward X Candelabra. Tan Ridgewing X Monarch), or highly contrasting colors (ex: Monarch X Sunrise. Spiritward X Aqualis). Personally Id love to see a wall of Tri-Horns or Monarchs. Preferably not all purebred though. Most of my caveborns and lineaged mating pairs are on cooldown but I’ll breed what I have available to help lower the AP time. 

Is a Birthday Release Infinity Stones wall possible yet? (Or Pyrovar wall, if anyone collects them many enough)

Just a reminder, do not post about random killing, although you are FREE to post about encouraging zombie runs and the like. I outlined that clearly in the beginning and took a lot of time for this very specific reason and will deal with all of this later. Hi, I'm back.

Edited by Natayah