Aalbiel

ANSWERED:AP: Eggs no longer dropping normally

Really hope this isn't a wall 'fix.' Glad it sounds like the AP is intended to go back to normal.

Many of the hatchlings from Catz's general BSA/checker/etc massbreed have grown up wild. They were trickling in last night, but far too late and not often enough to clear them.

Looks like it's mostly gone back to normal? AP still spans a good 10 hours though.

I just picked up a TerraFreaky egg with 1d18h that didn't look like anyone had had it before, so it looks like there are still a few lost eggs out there.

edit: At least 3 other Freaky eggs in the ERs with similar times.

Edited by purplehaze

Watched one of my last babies grow up. Straight to the wild. :dry:

rrbl98.png

Watched her and watched for her about 20 minutes. AP ranged largely from 4 days 8 hours to 4 days 17 hours, with the occasional 3 day and 1 day eggs in the mix. The 1 day eggs kept disappearing and reappearing. 2 of my SAs are still out there, both zyus, both at 3 days, 14 hours. I'm sure they will have the same fate as the others that have grown up. Straight to the wilderness. I've checked about 30 or so, most of them were wild.

Really hope this gets fixed soon. :unsure:

This gif is probabably the best explanation I can make of how the abandoned page is currently not shuffling and instead stays in one predetermined order. If you grab an egg and throw it back in, it goes right between the two eggs it was at previously.

Image1.gif

edit: assuming this fairly rigid order also works for massbreeds, the ash wall visible in this gif only had 2 of 5 pages of breedings in the action log at the "end" of the visible wall, suggesting another 3 pages worth of breedings is still invisible. The breeder stated these ashes were all bred in the same 7-minute timespan, so it shouldn't be interrupted by 4d17 eggs already.

image.png.8865d5b9b0461cd014e3c79714c2c280.png

edit edit: checking the ashes' codes does indicate they have their own queue too; even as random eggs get picked up or dropped they stay in rigid order.

Edited by Shadowdrake

12 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

This gif is probabably the best explanation I can make of how the abandoned page is currently not shuffling and instead stays in one predetermined order. If you grab an egg and throw it back in, it goes right between the two eggs it was at previously.

Image1.gif

edit: assuming this fairly rigid order also works for massbreeds, the ash wall visible in this gif only had 2 of 5 pages of breedings in the action log at the "end" of the visible wall, suggesting another 3 pages worth of breedings is still invisible. The breeder stated these ashes were all bred in the same 7-minute timespan, so it shouldn't be interrupted by 4d17 eggs already.

image.png.8865d5b9b0461cd014e3c79714c2c280.png

edit edit: checking the ashes' codes does indicate they have their own queue too; even as random eggs get picked up or dropped they stay in rigid order.

So what is the predetermined order?

Like only certain times show up in certain rows?

Personally, I don't think this is a bad change. After all, it still brings the timers down, at least of the eggs in the void, and they can then be picked for quick neglecting. Not to mention insta-hatched. Last but not least, it avoids walls, though not as successfully as it possibly could.

3 hours ago, olympe said:

Personally, I don't think this is a bad change. After all, it still brings the timers down, at least of the eggs in the void, and they can then be picked for quick neglecting. Not to mention insta-hatched. Last but not least, it avoids walls, though not as successfully as it possibly could.

The main problem is that they never appear so they cannot be used in neglecting. Hatchies shouldn't grow up into the wild, they should appear in the AP to be snagged and not end up in the wild. 😧

I'm guessing olypme has never neglected before. Once an egg drops below 3 days, you can't save it with Incubate-Teleport so it's instantly a turn-or-die exp where you have to use Kill and pray to GoN it hatches AND doesn't flee to the AP, where your chances of recapture (if the void doesn't eat it like it did all of Catz's hatchies and let it grow wild without you ever having a chance to save it) are so minimal that you may as well forget it.

I'm not seeing a benefit to this void at all, tbh. As others said in the wall thread, a variety AP can be just as worthless to someone as a walled AP. You can still walk away having seen zero of what you may find desirable. You can't please everyone. I don't see the appeal to people deciding one style "deserves punishment" because it's "malicious". Unless DC now only has one allowed playstyle and none of those players are talking because invisirules (must we bring that horrendous scenario to light again after the last time invisirules appeared in DC?).

7 hours ago, animatedrose said:

I'm not seeing a benefit to this void at all, tbh. As others said in the wall thread, a variety AP can be just as worthless to someone as a walled AP. You can still walk away having seen zero of what you may find desirable. You can't please everyone. I don't see the appeal to people deciding one style "deserves punishment" because it's "malicious". Unless DC now only has one allowed playstyle and none of those players are talking because invisirules (must we bring that horrendous scenario to light again after the last time invisirules appeared in DC?).

Agreed. Well said.

Alright, this is still going on. AP today:

832479242_Capturedecran2019-08-0310_06_23.png.cf3d17d8c8b91a342496ddc2aaec0552.png

All those 3d17h eggs are Terrafreaky's again.

TJ, all those eggs were bred and APed after you said you thought the AP would fix itself when the old eggs had cycled out. Clearly it didn't. Could you please look into some other solution?

But wait - those are all in the correct age order - where's the issue ?

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But wait - those are all in the correct age order - where's the issue ?

The eggs with 3 days and 17 hours left probably should have appeared before they reached that time. There are many eggs that are about an entire day older than the oldest egg that is shown, which doesn't seem normal.

The 3d 17h eggs seem to pop up on the AP just now when they were not there before. This could be normal if several players had them on their scrolls (e.g. if they grabbed them from the AP at an earlier time, or got them from Terrafreaky directly) and all decided to abandon them now, but that seems very unlikely. It looks like some eggs are simply not selected to appear on the AP even when their time is already lower than the current AP time.

I.e. the system seems to have skipped these eggs before when it was looking for the lowest time abandoned eggs to display, and now it does display them, but we don't know how many more there may be that are currently still skipped.

I don't think this can happen without TJ having made some sort of change, but as far as I know he hasn't commented on whether or not the effect was intentional.

He said days ago that he hadn't changed anything.....

Hmm...I was expecting this to resolve itself. I just clicked through some of the lowest time eggs and they were CB, so I'm not sure if it's just because there are so many eggs being bred.

Fuzz, sorry if I wasn't clear enough but the issue I was pointing out is the same one that has been in most of this thread (except for my very first screenshot), which is that some eggs seem to be kept in a "void" before entering the AP at an abnormally low time. (So even if the AP appear chronological it's still not acting normal).

I found some more eggs by terrafreaky. Earlier today (took home two cassares) and just now (took home an aria, white and antarean), the eggs werw at 3 days 21 hours. (Sorry I couldn't make a screenshot, I was busy catching.)

A few days ago, I was hatching and sending off Terrafreaky eggs that appeared in 2d time. (And just like some people have mentioned, after taking one, a new one pops out after several shuffles). I've seen this happen in some cases before, but to abandon egg after waiting for an egg to be taken from AP is clearly too much work for someone or a group of people to troll the userbase.

I agree with Aalbiel that the current AP is not the same as the AP before, from a about a week of observing.

I’m not really that technical. However, with the AP messing up like this, people’s hatchlings and eggs such being lost to the void, it’s concerning to me that this might be something akin to an integer limit getting close? 

Kinda like how if a Minecraft world approaches the 64 bit integer limit, it starting glitching. 

There are lots of 4d 1h eggs (all bred by Terrafreaky as far as I can tell) appearing on the AP right now while the "normal" eggs are 4d 20h - 5d 1h.

So, again, either a group of users is abandoning them right now, or something unusual is going on in the background.

I mean it's cool to get surprise lower time eggs - I just would like to know what's going on... (But maybe I shouldn't be too curious, with my forum name. ;) )

Mostly it has seemed (after the original "void") that the affected eggs have been mostly, if not all, Terrafreaky's. Is that because they are the only person still mass breeding until this thing gets straightened out? Or is there some other unknown reason?

Just FYI - I did a bit of a massbreeding this weekend, so if this is still going on and not only affecting Terrafreaky's eggs rando eggs by me should pop  up low-time the next couple of days (the regular bunch of checkers is through now)

6 hours ago, Herk said:

Just FYI - I did a bit of a massbreeding this weekend, so if this is still going on and not only affecting Terrafreaky's eggs rando eggs by me should pop  up low-time the next couple of days (the regular bunch of checkers is through now)

I did a mini mass-breed as well of my albinos, and (as far as I can tell) they all went through in one go and have been picked up. So not sure if it's 'fixed', or is something that only affects very large volumes of eggs bred.