Aalbiel

ANSWERED:AP: Eggs no longer dropping normally

23 minutes ago, borntobefree said:

there are still mostly those above 3 days, its really only 3 or 4 that's under the 3 day limit, the rest range, ya'll make it sound like every egg on the board is under 3. I influence sometimes but mostly I let them become what they are, and influences does not mean it will 100% of the time be that anyway. Also not sure why influence can not be done under three days, its a bit arbitrary, but that's the name of the game here

Well, today it is only 1 line, yesterday there were up to 2 or 2 1/2 lines of eggs under 2 days -- and they were all lovely checkers which, if you DO care about lineages, are wasted if they gender wrong -- or are at least much harder to make a decent lineage with.

And you are wrong about influence. TJ has recently stated that influence no longer fails. I don't remember where that was, but I think it was in the suggestion forum somewhere.

Edit: Here is his post. :)

Edited by purplehaze

I sent 500+ mint eggs to the AP a few days ago, but they didn't really wall like they've always done before. No idea but the AP is definitely behaving differently.

Edited by FortyTwo
Numbers

6 minutes ago, FortyTwo said:

I sent a load of mints to the AP a few days ago, but they didn't really wall like they've always done before. No idea but the AP is definitely behaving differently.

I was seeing some of your Mints a few hours ago at the top of the AP with around 3 days left.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

I was seeing some of your Mints a few hours ago at the top of the AP with around 3 days left.

You made me check the last few I bred. Those eggs still haven't been picked up and are at 2 days and 18 hours. Very strange!

As far as I could tell, my goldfish eggs mentioned earlier got picked up in the 2d12h - 2d20h range. Maybe the mints'll pop up around now too.

I'm more curious about what could've caused this strange mystery void to eat all these eggs to start with. Glad to hear it seems to be more of a glitch than anything. Hopefully it'll fix itself after a while.

If this WAS supposed to be some kind of wall-kill tactic, you're hitting wallers...and anyone who remotely breeds more than a handful of eggs at once. Which isn't cool, imo.

I bred the Aqualises. That was when the average AP time was wildly inconsistent. I kept track of what's picked up and what hasn't been picked up using random/egg (it randomly shows one of your eggs/hatchlings, even those in the AP that hasn't been picked up yet). It no longer works to be used to check those still in AP.

Few days later, when the AP time is slightly more consistent, there were Mints (plenty of them, but not quite a wall). The breeder wanted one of those eggs to be returned. People, including myself, kept an eye out for it. The lost Mint reached AP time (and way below the highest AP time, even); in the old AP, it would've dropped at that time already. But it didn't. For hours. An user suggested to check if it has been picked up by toggling the aid message. That worked, so it was certainly still somewhere in the AP. Fortunately, it was eventually retrieved. Not too long after, toggling accepting aid on the abandoned egg/hatchie is said to not work anymore.

:thinking:

I do hope this AP inconsistency is just a glitch that'll be fixed. It's disappointing to find eggs with times too low to be influenced. Massbreeds aren't always malicious. Many of those have nice lineages, and they are being filtered out until their time drop low enough. The one-off breedings, which appear in AP at the earliest possible time, are usually messy. And it's a pain to help retrieve lost eggs. If this is a permanent thing, oh well.

Edited by Naraku
clarification

Three beautiful 2 day and change mints. I could have started a checker. Precogged the lot - all wrong :(

Then here's a tip don't pick up anything under 3 days, those who don't care to influence, as fine with lower timed eggs. Or just don't bred as many, and only bred nice lineages, and no malevolent wanting to lock up the wall to drop times, nothing wrong with the ap being longer timed eggs, 5 and 6 days is still better than seven. Even thought its mostly back to normal now, I like how the first 3 or 4 spots is still lowtime but the egg locking is kind of back, same 20 or so eggs recycling around now. once you see you don't want any of those 20 eggs you have to hope some come along to clear the mess.

Well of COURSE one knows that - please don't assume stupidity. I have been playing long enough to be well aware that under 3 hours cannot be influenced - that was why I precogged the poor things in the hope that they'd turn out right.. But if the eggs had stayed in their normal order I could have influenced in time to start something gorgeous.

And don't forget the AP is simply a garbage dump. But it is one where we can often find gems. The recent gems have been spoiled by the glitch or whatever it was, is all. I am just hoping it never happens again.

Were they bred with graves ? But they are not showing, then, and there are loads of 4 day things.

ETA Yes - I picked up two but they precogged wrong so I put them back - sorry !

3 hours ago, borntobefree said:

Then here's a tip don't pick up anything under 3 days, those who don't care to influence, as fine with lower timed eggs. Or just don't bred as many, and only bred nice lineages, and no malevolent wanting to lock up the wall to drop times, nothing wrong with the ap being longer timed eggs, 5 and 6 days is still better than seven. 

I am laughing so hard right now. Yes, dropping AP times is soooo malevolent. Wouldn't life be great if AP was up at 6d instead of 4dxh because of walls? So great. /heavy sarcasm

Anyway I'm still seeing some eggs popping out of limbo now and then, but things do seem to have quieted down mostly. Hopefully within a couple days it will be entirely resolved.

Edited by Aalbiel

Yes, malevolent, the reasons why people do walls. They purposely do it to hold the wall up, and make it stagnate on purpose. That's a negative reasons for for their actions, just because in your estimation you don't feel its important or silly, but when it gets in the way of people enjoying themselves, yes that malevolent. When something inconsequential has a result of harboring and creating dissatisfaction it snowballs. When you can see in almost every thread people are utter ******s to each other, yes its malevolent, it creates and compounds ill feelings on the forums, on the Dc board.  Yea go ahead and belittle it, ohy yea thats called apathy, also a negative. Laugh all you want, whether its something large or small its the same thing.

A bit off the wall, but possibly connected... I caught a  4 day-ish egg. Influenced and incubated it. When I went to influence another later, instead of the usual message "already influenced" it came up with "not enough time". Which kind of suggested to me that maybe the programming isn't recognising time correctly - which would also account for the weirdness in the AP ?

8 minutes ago, borntobefree said:

Yes, malevolent, the reasons why people do walls. They purposely do it to hold the wall up, and make it stagnate on purpose. That's a negative reasons for for their actions, just because in your estimation you don't feel its important or silly, but when it gets in the way of people enjoying themselves, yes that malevolent. When something inconsequential has a result of harboring and creating dissatisfaction it snowballs. When you can see in almost every thread people are utter ******s to each other, yes its malevolent, it creates and compounds ill feelings on the forums, on the Dc board.  Yea go ahead and belittle it, ohy yea thats called apathy, also a negative. Laugh all you want, whether its something large or small its the same thing.

They mostly do not. Did you see Tish's post in the thread about walls ? MANY of them - probably most - do it to get AP times down.  And to change ratios. And it works. From your post, you seem far more dissatisfied than most.

I shall return to enjoying myself.

4 hours ago, borntobefree said:

I like how the first 3 or 4 spots is still lowtime

See that would still be nice if what happened was a consistent stream of bred eggs, instead of eggs being shown so sporadically that they stay hidden even when they're at desirable times, and then go straight past to undesirable times. A small stream of ER eggs would be fun! Eggs disappearing completely because one person wanted to breed a large handful of eggs? Not fun. And even if these are nice, non-walling eggs like all BSAs or hybrids or pretty lineages or what have you, we've already witnessed these nice non-walling eggs that no one would complain about if they flooded into the ap still being dropped into the holding zone instead, just bc someone wanted to breed an army in their spare time instead of trying to spread it out.

25 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

A bit off the wall, but possibly connected... I caught a  4 day-ish egg. Influenced and incubated it. When I went to influence another later, instead of the usual message "already influenced" it came up with "not enough time". Which kind of suggested to me that maybe the programming isn't recognising time correctly - which would also account for the weirdness in the AP ?

actually I did notice some egg times are off, while working to time some ap eggs for ND experiences  3 of them kept changing ToD a few minutes each way, Maybe the time was off?

51 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I shall return to enjoying myself.

So shall I, and markedly more so when the AP goes back to 100% normal again.

(Funny how the pleasure of anti-wallers counts to them but the pleasure of people who enjoy walls does not? Must be malevolent.)

This thread is about the eggs being displayed in the AP not being based on their timers, not the ability to create walls in the AP of species. Please keep that discussion out of this thread, we have a thread in Suggestions/Requests to cover this topic already. 

I hope it goes back to normal soon. The way the AP has been for the last few days has been less then fun for me. 

Edited by osean
Deleting content after missing seeing previous post

5 hours ago, borntobefree said:

Then here's a tip don't pick up anything under 3 days, those who don't care to influence, as fine with lower timed eggs. Or just don't bred as many, and only bred nice lineages, and no malevolent wanting to lock up the wall to drop times, nothing wrong with the ap being longer timed eggs, 5 and 6 days is still better than seven. Even thought its mostly back to normal now, I like how the first 3 or 4 spots is still lowtime but the egg locking is kind of back, same 20 or so eggs recycling around now. once you see you don't want any of those 20 eggs you have to hope some come along to clear the mess.

*edit*

whioops didnt see the mod post

Edited by bloodyneptune

Hopefully this cycles through like TJ says it should. If things are going to vanish into a hidden void for hours and even days when they should be dropping...yeah, sorry, the AP can join the Hub on places I will not be poking into as much anymore. I like scooping up cool lines from people like Catz. I'll definitely be breeding by request from now on until this is fixed. *herds her shim army back to their scroll*

If this does stay permanent, by some fluke, I'm not looking forward to the holidays. RIP all those eggs, because you know something else will break. :/

Another instance of eggs only appearing when they're overly ER confirmed. How long exactly is this going to take to "cycle through"?

edit: and yes, there are more 1d21h eggs appearing than just these.

https://forums.dragcave.net/uploads/monthly_2019_07/Screenshot_20190729-125237.thumb.png.376e6f940b68a948e7475cee1caa966b.png
-linked to avoid page stretching and redundancy

edit edit: it keeps happening

Screenshot_20190730-013920_Samsung_Inter

Edited by Shadowdrake

Okay, that's scary that this mystery void is hiding eggs for that long... Has a wall that low ever happened outside of holidays before??