Aalbiel

ANSWERED:AP: Eggs no longer dropping normally

Right now there is a time gap in the AP (between the Waterhorse and Neotropical in the second row in the screenshot), and the eggs before the gap are yours @Herk. So it seems to be still going on.

image.png.e2e70939c0fcd82961b9b43df5f37abe.png

You know it'd be nice to get an explicit confirmation if this change was actually intended or not so we can tell if we should switch our energy from "hey! the ap's changed and this is how we know" to "hey! the ap's changed and here is our reasons for liking or not liking this or that aspect of it and suggestions on alternatives".

Edited by Shadowdrake

But it seems to be working OK now - no more 1 day eggs ! - so why not enjoy the game ?

11 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But it seems to be working OK now - no more 1 day eggs ! - so why not enjoy the game ?

Because we have no idea if this behaviour is stable, because we have no idea if the under 3d egg problem might happen again when people start mass-breeding again (it very well might), and finally because nobody wants to see their eggs disappear into the "void" without firm confirmation that they will, indeed, reappear at some point in AP, and nobody wants them to drop to such a time that they might misgender, and nobody wants to see them potentially hatch in the void if they already have some views.

@TJ09 It's been a little while, hopefully not bothering you on a holiday or something, but it would be absolutely wonderful to have a little input just so we know what's going on. Mainly along the lines of:

- Did you make this change on purpose? (It was my understanding that you didn't but idk, some people don't believe it).

- Are you working, or planning on working at some later more convenient date, on changing it back?

- If the previous answers are 1) yes, 2) no, could we have some clarification on how the AP is currently working? (aka what eggs are selected to show in AP and which ones are withheld)

I don't mean to demand immediate change or anything, but just putting an end to the rampant speculation would be fantastic. (And personally I'd like the old AP back, at some point).

Edited by Aalbiel

11 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I think that's more due to the fact that people are aware of the issue and seem to spread out their breeding. I've seen things of terrafreaky being bred over at least two different days, maybe there was more. The odd thing, though, was that there were times where you could see some of their eggs at a lower time than the rest of the AP, then nothing, and later you'd find more of their eggs at an even lower time. I've also seen this kind of thing happen today with someone else's eggs (no scroll name displayed) who also bred a bunch of checkers. (Maybe that's herk?) Sometimes, there're more eggs, sometimes fewer eggs. But most of the time, you'll find some of those on the top left places in the AP.

13 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Because the help section is for bug reports and if this thing in general isn't a bug there's no point keeping up with it as if it were a bug. If it *is* a bug I'd like to collect all possible relevant information should TJ decide to fix it.

Edited by Shadowdrake

AP section was walled by one breeder (various breed types, but still one breeder after checking 20+ eggs) and had the same timestamp on everything. It gave me so much hope that it was finally over and back to normal.. but no, suddenly about 12 eggs with 3 days 21 hours popped out of the void at the top.

I had hope maybe I could breed again, but.. seems like it isn't back to normal yet.

Ap seems to be behaving more normally now; there's eggs slightly out of order and walls have been lasting for long times instead of vanishing oddly quickly. We'll see in a few days if there are missing eggs to return later.

image0.png

I hope nothing like this ever happens again. If the choice is between walls and eggs just never appearing in the AP until they are under 3 days left, and some hatching and growing up to the wilderness without ever getting a chance to be grabbed and raised, I choose Walls.

Much as I and others hated this event, I have to admit there was a benefit in it for me. At the Winter Solstice 2008 shortly after I joined, I bred for the first time for a personal project. I apparently joined a Winter egg wall that some apparently objected to and therefore some of the eggs that were APed from my breeding were killed within 1 minute of being laid. Seeing that my first bred eggs were killed ended my project. From then til now, I only bred on request and never checked my bred eggs ever. I have seen so much about the eggs that were in the AP and in the Void that my curiosity was aroused, so I looked at the eggs in the AP. I have caught several I intend to continue, and I have decided to renew my original project. I only hope when I breed my eggs don't join a wall.

Not quite as bad, as it doesn't indicate a void, but still weird:

image.png.f4e08e0e82e012ab9c0d2cf54d00e786.png

Yes, it's always happening that an egg or two are sorted slightly off. But this is pretty extreme. The water walker egg with 4d17 should be in the top left spot, the nocturne below (at 4d18) should not sort between the eggs with 4d19 and 4d20, and the remaining eggs at 4d20 and 4d21 are scattered all over the rest of the place.

4 hours ago, olympe said:

Not quite as bad, as it doesn't indicate a void, but still weird:

image.png.f4e08e0e82e012ab9c0d2cf54d00e786.png

Yes, it's always happening that an egg or two are sorted slightly off. But this is pretty extreme. The water walker egg with 4d17 should be in the top left spot, the nocturne below (at 4d18) should not sort between the eggs with 4d19 and 4d20, and the remaining eggs at 4d20 and 4d21 are scattered all over the rest of the place.

Eggs have always had some amount of randomization without guarantee that they are strictly ordered by time.

I'm going to close this thread since it's been 11 days since people have confirmed that it was fixed.