Aalbiel

ANSWERED:AP: Eggs no longer dropping normally

3 and a half lines of the AP are currently showing 1day 20 hr eggs. That's *most* of the AP showing ridiculously-low-timed eggs. This seems to be getting worse instead of better.

14 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

3 and a half lines of the AP are currently showing 1day 20 hr eggs. That's *most* of the AP showing ridiculously-low-timed eggs. This seems to be getting worse instead of better.

don't know how to do two quotes in one screen, but it actually looks like its catching up, more of those wall blockers are showing now instead of the 4 or 5 in the first row. if people would just take those blockers it would work out quicker, but not enough of you want those mass bred eggs so the times going to stay low and get lower until that mass bred is done, even if it had the whole page, which it seems to be getting close too.

congrats mass breeding has lowered the time on the wall. Its what you all wanted. I wouldn't mind so much but I don't like mints

14 minutes ago, borntobefree said:

if people would just take those blockers it would work out quicker

They weren't even showing up until a couple hours ago, how are people supposed to take invisible eggs??

edit: also even if we take one, or five, they just get replaced by more hidden ones. the number of visible mints doesn't actually go down. if anything it went up.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Those eggs just showed up at these times, born. Unless you're implying that the weird void doesn't exist and you could see them for the last few days since the void ate them. Hard to take things that aren't there to take yet.

There were over a thousand mints sent to the AP after some people I know also got in on the act... Not even all of mine have been picked up so the mint 'wall' could go on for a while yet. 🤷‍♂️

This needs to be fixed. It is not sorting itself out. Almost all of the eggs are 1 day currently and not able to be influenced.  So I won’t pick up anything out of the AP since I can’t influence it, and I won’t breed anything until this is fixed either as I like breeding pretty things for other people, but not if they can’t be influenced properly. 

7C64602A-5E31-4EA7-A54F-6EA664940438.png

Yeah those mint eggs were not visible earlier today when times were higher. It’s odd that they suddenly are visible now. Lol did we just break the AP?

Edited by Marrionetta

I haven't been on DC much of late and just popped in to the AP and saw this. I know that the AP usually only showed low time eggs if they were abandoned... so why does the AP have four rows of low time eggs and the fifth row have five higher time eggs? This isn't normal, correct?

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 1.06.33 PM.png

Edited by Whirlaway

Not normal. That is pretty much what this whole thread is saying. Somewhere these low time eggs have been sitting in limbo and are only just showing up when their times get extremely low.

@borntobefree People are free to play how they want. You've said several times in this thread that people who create walls are being 'malevolent' and it simply isn't true, and it's somewhat unfair for you to automatically assume poor intentions on behalf of your fellow users.

And I'll echo PDC's post from the last page, since it's gone back a bit:

3 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

This thread is about the eggs being displayed in the AP not being based on their timers, not the ability to create walls in the AP of species. Please keep that discussion out of this thread, we have a thread in Suggestions/Requests to cover this topic already. 

Feel free to continue the discussion about AP blockages there, provided it reminds respectful.

TJ's post about what's happening here:

On 7/28/2019 at 10:46 AM, TJ09 said:

I'm following this and tracking what's going on to make sure it doesn't get worse, but I believe it's going to sort itself out as eggs cycle through the AP, so I'm not currently doing anything proactive here.

He's keeping an eye on it.

Definitely not normal. It would take no fewer than three players dropping their eggs - all of which would have to have been caught in the very same hour - all dropping all their low-time eggs to the AP. Because 1 d something eggs would have been picked up much earlier otherwise. This doesn't make sense.

If walling is what broke the AP, wouldn't the Nocs and blacktips have broken it ages ago? i think you're just hunting for somebody to blame and dumping the "malevolence" tag on people not playing like you, born. I know I don't breed my shims to the AP to be malevolent. You should rethink how you label people that you don't know before deciding we're all evil people. :/

TJ is looking into this and it seems to be a glitch. There's nothing we can do but watch and wait, and try to scoop up eggs as usual.

2 hours ago, missy_ said:

This needs to be fixed. It is not sorting itself out. Almost all of the eggs are 1 day currently and not able to be influenced.  So I won’t pick up anything out of the AP since I can’t influence it, and I won’t breed anything until this is fixed either as I like breeding pretty things for other people, but not if they can’t be influenced properly. 

7C64602A-5E31-4EA7-A54F-6EA664940438.png

that's how i do the ap too. I like to breed nice stuff into ap for others, but if i breed a stair lineage and the baby's gonna gender wrong, than no one can influence it.

I do think the original intent of the ap was to have like.. a line on top of youngest eggs, two lines in the middle of varying middle aged eggs and then maybe slightly older on the bottom. Or at least in the beginning it seemed like that. What the ap is doing right now with a reverse wall of mints all at 1 day seems like something code wise that looks at the times of the eggs is messed up.

Though I am in favour of old ap just so people know. The current one though I think has some kind of issue that needs addressing.

I always thought it was just youngest at the top, and all by age.

But touch wood it seems to be getting back to normal....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

6 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But touch wood it seems to be getting back to normal....

Well, the lowest time eggs are at the top -- that part is normal. But more than 3 rows of under-2-day eggs that should have shown up days ago and have been in some unknown limbo -- that part is not.

I hope things right themselves soon and this doesn't happen again.

Only for data purposes, it might be helpful to have multiple people hatch those lower time eggs (regift, freeze, keep, FFA teleports, etc.) to perhaps help "clear them out" and see if that has an impact (I know many people have already been doing this) and take some of the hatchlings and specifically "release" them to the AP and keep a private personal notation on the code to see when/if and possible timing of it getting to a new scroll. You can report it if the timing of that seems wonky. I mean, you also benefit other players too, but aside from that, the data might be helpful, or might also clear the issue a bit faster if just a fluke or not.

Edited by Natayah

I usually hatch AP eggs and FFA them or toss 'em back as hatchlings, and it didn't seem to make a difference. (Also, when my neos were chillin I couldn't do anything about them cos nobody picked them up and tossed 'em back). Still, I might have space to try it when I get home in an hour or two. I do like this puzzle; it's made me pay more attention to DC than I have in a long time :3c

What data are you looking for, specifically? Time changes? AP slots used? Breeds visible? 

Ack, clumsy fingers. Also, do you want hatchlings removed from hatcheries? I feel like most could grow up in the AP; usually they get sent to the wilderness if that happens. 

Edited by Xylene
I'm on mobile and also at work. :V

28 minutes ago, Xylene said:

I usually hatch AP eggs and FFA them or toss 'em back as hatchlings, and it didn't seem to make a difference. (Also, when my neos were chillin I couldn't do anything about them cos nobody picked them up and tossed 'em back). Still, I might have space to try it when I get home in an hour or two. I do like this puzzle; it's made me pay more attention to DC than I have in a long time :3c

What data are you looking for, specifically? Time changes? AP slots used? Breeds visible? 

Ack, clumsy fingers. Also, do you want hatchlings removed from hatcheries? I feel like most could grow up in the AP; usually they get sent to the wilderness if that happens. 

I think a data based person would be a better answer to what data might be best to collect, because there might be someone who is entirely motivated to get data and solve this mystery which I think is fun, but they might also have ulterior motives about Players doing Events and Gifting and being involved and playing and having fun together..... and might also find that those data collection attempts would also help further that cause. But a mystery is a mystery and when was the last time we had a good mystery to collect, data, analyze and solve?!?!?!? 

So if anyone has specific suggestions on what data or practices might be most helpful to provide or do to purely solve the mystery (disregarding any altruism that may come of these actions), please feel free to post these, especially if someone or a group of someones are interested in specific data points. Cuz I love our Statistic Players and I want YOU to get all the data, and we'll get all the pixels, and we'll all be happy together. Now really, I really do have to sleep.....Zzzzzzzzzz'codes..........

Theoretically things might go back to normal once the super low-time eggs that were in AP before TJ started paying attention are out of the AP. We'll have low times for a while because of the hidden backlog, but things should operate as normal. Of course I could be entirely wrong about this but, since TJ's aware of the problem and making sure it doesn't get worse, it's possible that the AP just needs to get the current eggs out of its system.

After watching my brother grab some eggs though I can confirm that there's still very much an invisible backlog- he took 1d16h eggs that weren't mints specifically so we could see their spots get filled by 1d16h mints.

What I find odd about all this, looking at the times I've seen in the AP and the screen shots posted.  The majority of them have around the same hours displayed but the days are off by 3.  Might this be a clue for TJ to locate what went awry?

1 hour ago, Dracaena said:

What I find odd about all this, looking at the times I've seen in the AP and the screen shots posted.  The majority of them have around the same hours displayed but the days are off by 3.  Might this be a clue for TJ to locate what went awry?

For the most part, that's due to the eggs in each timespan being from one breeder. There might in fact be singular bred or CB eggs being lost and popping up later, but they'd be almost unnoticeable and difficult to track since singular low-time eggs can be dropped and picked up very quickly.

The AP is starting to spit out low time (4d 3hr) Rainfur hatchlings, other than that looks kinda normal.

It now looks like there's now just one egg out of sync with the rest of the AP - I've checked there's nothing at the same time behind it, people just don't want that egg right now.

Touch wood this may be over?

Non-breeding-related but the AP doesn't seem to completely jumble itself up like it used to when someone grabbed something. Most of the time only the last few eggs shuffle, occasionally it does higher up. I suspect it's only shuffling the egg grabbed and anything behind it, but I can't check until I have access to a computer to open new tabs while keeping the abandoned page visible.

edit: on closer inspection it doesn't seem to shuffle at all. eggs I pick up and drop go back in the exact same space and the eggs after it don't swap spots either, just fill in or make space.

Edited by Shadowdrake